One: Ruined Rehearsal

"Chin up, Soobin!"

Beomgyu had to fight the urge to roll his eyes as Namjoon called out again, interrupting Soobin for what seemed to be the three millionth time that afternoon. He shared a glance with Yeonjun on the other side of the platform, who exhaled softly through gritted teeth. If they were both annoyed with Namjoon's instructions, they couldn't imagine how Soobin, the center of those instructions, felt.

But if Soobin was feeling at all annoyed with Namjoon, he didn't show it. He simply did as he was told, raising his chin as he gripped the carved wooden staff in his right hand. The small jewels along the handle glittered with the five large gems decorating the top from the sunlight streaming in through the windows of the throne room. Orange, blue, pink, black, and white.

Beomgyu stared at his older brother's expression, which was completely stoic as he stared forward and continued reciting the Oath. Glancing down towards the pews, he found Hoseok, leaning forward in his seat as he followed along with Soobin on the parchment he held in front of him. On his right was Yoongi, who leaned back with his arms crossed as he watched with little interest. And on Hoseok's left was Seokjin. His eyes were barely focused on the platform, instead on Namjoon, who was pacing in front of the platform staring intensely at Soobin. 

"It's that Intri blood of yours," Seokjin would tell his husband. "You're always so perceptive of everything."

Does being 'perceptive' mean you have a stick up your ass? Does having a stick up your ass actually hurt? What if it's a really smooth stick? Then again, I guess you shouldn't be sticking things up your ass in the first place. Why am I thinking about things being stuck up asses? WHY DO I KEEP THINKING THE WORD 'ASS?!' Then again, I could be thinking of a donkey. Those are called asses. But I'm not fooling anyone, I'm thinking about butts. I like big butts and I cannot lie~

Now Beomgyu would not normally be thinking about butts; he may be young but he's not a horny teen. However rehearsal was an exception because it was so.

Fucking.

Boring.

Allowing his mind to wander was always a dangerous risk, but in times of extreme boredom, Beomgyu was willing to sacrifice all one of his brain cells for a little entertainment. This was one of those times.

"Beomgyu, can you at least try to look engaged?" Yoongi said from the audience. Everyone stopped to look at him as he gazed back at his attendant wearily. Yoongi was still in the same laid-back position, his face as blank as his monotonous voice.

Still, despite the extreme boredom he felt and the hypocrisy coming from Yoongi, he obeyed, straightening his posture and looking straight at his brother. Soobin stared back at him, and when Beomgyu wrinkled his nose in annoyance, Soobin had to suppress a small chuckle as he turned back around. Yeonjun caught Beomgyu's eye again as Soobin continued, and he rolled his eyes. Beomgyu gave a slight nod in agreement before they both turned back to face the heir.

"Be sure to project, Soobin," Namjoon said, gesturing around the throne room. "A king's voice should echo throughout every space he finds himself in."

If I was king, I'd be running through the streets belting out the lyrics to Hakuna Matata. What a wonderful phrase~

Lucky for him, Soobin was practicing his Kingly Voice™, so he could hum the song under his breath without anyone noticing. Eventually, Soobin finished reciting the Oath, and Hoseok stood up.

"Good job," he said with a bright smile, folding the parchment and sticking it in his back pocket. "Then the king will walk up to you and take off his crown."