Twenty-Nine: Remember

"Yeonjun! Yeonjun, where are you?!"

Head pounding, Yeonjun opened his eyes. He was lying on the cool stone floor of the secret room by the table he must have banged his knee against because that was throbbing. He pushed himself up to his hands and knees, dizzy, breathing deeply to try and recompose himself.

Beomgyu...

Beomgyu...

Who is Beomgyu?

"Yeonjun!"

Shit, he randomly left Soobin last night. He needed to get to him.

Grabbing the table to haul himself up, he overlooked himself in the mirror. His eyes were red and puffy, like he had spent the entire night crying, and there was a massive bruise on his forehead. Quickly covering it up with his hair, he began to rush towards the stairs, but not before taking one last look over the room.

His eyes landed on the still open book on the table, but he left it behind and began ascending the stairs. No way was he touching that thing again. If he passed out and got another bruise, he wasn't sure he'd be able to hide it from Soobin. That boy was able to read him like a book, and it was scary when there were things Yeonjun didn't necessarily want him to know. Especially things like this.

Beomgyu...

Beomgyu...

Beomgyu...

Slowly pushing open the bookcase, he peeked around and quickly darted out into the empty office, sealing the room shut again. And just in time too, for the door burst open and Soobin rushed in, looking around wide-eyed and panicked. "Yeonjun!" he exclaimed, sprinting over and bringing him into a hug. Yeonjun hugged back, melting into the familiarity of Soobin's warmth and scent of cherry blossoms. He needed some familiarity to anchor him.

Sannie.

Wooyoung.

Beomgyu.

Beomgyu.

Beomgyu.

"Are you okay?" Soobin cupped Yeonjun's face gently in his hands. "Are you hurt?"

"I'm fine, Binnie," Yeonjun said, gently placing a kiss on his nose. Soobin sighed and pecked his lips.

"What happened last night? Where did you go?"

"Just needed to walk around. Couldn't sleep."

"Wake me up next time, sweetheart. I was worried. I even got the attendants looking."

"But I'm fine, Soobin. See?" He smiled brightly. "So don't worry anymore. I don't like it when you worry."

"Then stop making me worry, you bimbo," Soobin chided, wrapping his arms around Yeonjun and burying his cheek in his hair. Yeonjun sighed and snuggled further into Soobin's chest, listening to the steady rhythm of his breathing and the comforting thumps of his heartbeat.

Beomgyu.

I know that name.

Wooyoung.

Sannie.

Beomgyu.

Beom.

"Beomie..."

"Junnie, you're trembling." Yeonjun just tightened his grip on Soobin. That was Soobin's voice he just heard. Soobin knew this "Beomgyu" too. He must.

Right?

"Binnie, do you remember a Beomgyu?" he asked softly, voice muffled by Soobin's shirt.

"No...? Should I?"