Six: Voices

To say Soobin felt uncomfortable was an understatement. If he was going to describe his feelings as he walked down the corridor with Princess Seulgi, he would describe it as, "Oh my fucking God, save me please."

But he would have rather endured that then to hear shouting behind him and look back to see Yeonjun and Beomgyu wheezing on the floor.

His heart dropped as he watched Yoongi start to run to Beomgyu's side only to have him collapse as well. Namjoon was quick to rush over and support the attendant as he too began to wheeze. Seokjin ran to Yeonjun and put his hands on his shoulders, shouting his name.

"Yeonjun, can you hear me?"

Yeonjun seemed to recover as he looked up, but his eyes widened upon seeing the state Beomgyu was in. Hoseok was still trying to get his attention as Yoongi continued to claw at his chest while Namjoon held him up.

"Beomgyu! What's wrong?!" Hoseok shouted. Soobin's heart dropped at the words Beomgyu spoke when he managed to find Hoseok's eyes.

"I... can't... breathe..."

Soobin was running towards him in an instant, tearing his arm away from the princess and pushing past Prince Taehyun and Kai, who were both standing in shock. He shoved Hoseok away and scooped up his brother, holding his trembling body close as he turned back around and began running down the hall.

"Soobin—" King Choi started, but Soobin only pushed his father out of the way and continued running.

Yeonjun sprang up to follow him, but Seokjin was quick to push him back. "Yeonjun, no," he said. "You need to—"

"I'm fine, but Beomgyu's not and I need to help Binnie," Yeonjun snapped, pushing past him and running after Soobin.

"Yeonjun, don't you dare—" King Choi started. But, like Soobin, Yeonjun simply pushed past him.

The two princes raced side-by-side towards the exit, panting as they burst into the courtyard. Servants who were milling around jumped at the sudden appearance, and their eyes widened when they spotted Beomgyu.

"Move out of the way!" Yeonjun shouted as he and Soobin continued to run. "Our brother needs help!" The servants were quick to jump back, and the two princes didn't stop running until they reached the clinic.

"He can't breathe!" Soobin shouted breathlessly as they burst in.

"Beomgyu?" Yeonjun asked, voice shaking from panic. Soobin looked down to see his younger brother unconscious in his arms. His stomach twisted as the nurses ran up to him and gently took Beomgyu away.

"The prince has fallen unconscious," one of the nurses said. "Check his breathing and heart rate."

As they worked on Beomgyu behind a curtain, another nurse came up to the two princes still standing in the doorway. "We'll do everything we can to help him," she assured them. "But we have to ask you both to leave."

"What?" Soobin exclaimed. "No way am I leaving him like that!"

"I'm sorry, prince, but I'm afraid it's protocol."

Soobin opened his mouth to further argue, but he was silenced by Yeonjun placing a hand on his shoulder. "Don't give her a hard time, Binnie," he said. "Let them do their job."

Soobin let out a reluctant sigh. "Fine." He turned back to the nurse sternly. "But I want to be notified the moment he wakes up, you hear me? The moment he wakes up."

The nurse nodded. "Of course, my prince." With that, the two princes were escorted out of the room and back into the courtyard.

"Boys!" Queen Choi called, and the two princes looked up to see the rest of the royals hurrying towards them. The queen was up on them first, hugging them tight. "What happened? Is Beomgyu okay?"