Twenty-Four: Check-Ups and Breakdowns

Just off the main plaza with its tall looming clocktower in the center, a wide white building with red accents stood. It was about eight stories tall, white frilled curtains waving from the open windows. Figures wearing white coats with a red cross stitched onto the place above their heart flashed by, checking on patients or delivering papers. Patients wearing white gowns stared out the window, a little girl leaning over the windowsill to summon rainbow sparkles and let them fall to the sidewalk with a giggle.

But even that harmless spell caused Beomgyu to freeze, eyes watching the sparkles flutter to the pavement fearfully. "It's just light," Yoongi gently told him, stroking his arm in an attempt at reassurance. "It can't hurt you." Beomgyu nodded, but still kept a firm grip on Yoongi as they walked past. His body stiffened, bracing himself for the moment when the seemingly harmless sparkles of light would swarm and attack him. They never did and the group made it to the entrance of the building without incident, but that did nothing to ease the fear and paranoia taking over every inch of his being.

Jimin and Taehyung shared a worried look as Yoongi whispered comfort to the young prince. "Welcome to Treasure Hospital!" Jimin declared, smiling to try and provide the newly arrived half-Mabsulis a distraction. "This is the best hospital in Mabsulle. Only the best doctors work here. And the best best is Dr. Jung. Great doctor, bit of an idiot. I think you'll like him." And with that, he opened the door and allowed the three other males to walk inside.

The waiting room was showered in magic sparks, the colors glinting against the sleek white design of the room. The place smelled pleasant and calming, a mix of warm cinnamon and jasmine. Aside from the cloud of uncertainty hanging over some of the waiting citizens' heads, the place was overall uplifting from the usual thick atmosphere of hospitals.

A single man was behind the reception desk, leaned over a packet of documents as he gnawed on the eraser of his pencil. His red and black hair was combed back, his hand running through it every so often as his eyes intently scanned the text. "Heya, San," Taehyung greeted as the group approached. San looked up and smiled, warm brown eyes swirling with gold and reflecting the sparks of magic in the air. The smile reminded Beomgyu of Yeonjun, and he had to bite his lip to keep the tears contained.

"Hi!" San greeted cheerfully, shooting a smile at each person. He didn't react any differently when he laid eyes on Yoongi and Beomgyu, and Yoongi immediately knew he could be trusted. That and the aura he gave off, welcoming and calm. No wonder he was the first face you saw when you came into the hospital. "King's orders?" he asked, turning back to Taehyung.

"Yeah, I'll explain later."

"Guys, this is Choi San," Jimin introduced. "He's Dr. Jung's assistant."

"In more ways than one," San added with a wink.

"What have we told you about keeping your sex life out of conversation?" Taehyung sighed. San only laughed and turned to the two new arrivals.

"Standard check-up?" he asked. Yoongi nodded, and San ducked behind his desk.

"Can you keep them here for a while? Until the king makes his address?" Taehyung asked.

"Yeah, totally," San spoke as he got up with a clipboard and health forms. Grabbing a pen, he slid it behind his ear before raising his hand. A green bolt of light sizzled on his fingertips, wavering as he spoke to it. "Send to Mingi. Get your crusty hands off Yunho's ass and get down here to reception. Got special orders from the king." With a snap, the light shot up through the ceiling to deliver the message to whoever this "Mingi" person was. "Will you two be fine if you just come with me?" San asked the two arrivals. They immediately nodded, and San chuckled. "Alright. Follow me then."