Thirty-Three: It's Over, Isn't It?

By the time San finished his story, it was noon, the sun casting bright lights and dark shadows over one of the strongest people Beomgyu had ever met. San's eyes held a pool of unshed tears, but he swallowed them back with a bright smile.

"Don't look at me like that," he chided. "It's okay. What happened to me happened and it sucks, yeah, but so many others had it worse."

"Doesn't make your experience any less traumatizing," Yoongi said thickly. Beomgyu never really saw much of Yoongi's emotional side, so when he saw his face full of overwhelming sorrow, Beomgyu couldn't help but tear up too.

"Maybe," San shrugged. "At least I still know who I am. At least I still have my powers." He summoned a silver mist that danced across his palms before sighing heavily, lowering his head. Yeonjun pulled the man—his older brother—into a hug.

"I'm sorry, Sannie," he whispered into his hair, breathing in his scent of chocolate. San shook his head.

"You don't know how happy I was when I found out you were alive, Jun. And to see you were with such kind people..." He glanced up at Beomgyu with a smile. "It helped me get through it all."

"So what did I do?" Wooyoung snapped, covering his face with his coat. "Nothing?" San scoffed.

"Woo, you're crying."

"No I'm not."

"Then uncover your face."

"No."

"Why not?"

"It's too bright."

"Wooyoungie," Yeonjun called, and Wooyoung let out a sob that he quickly tried to cover up as a cough. "Come here and give me a hug, Woo. It's been a decade."

"When you put it like that, it seems like ages," Wooyoung chuckled. "Seems like just yesterday I got a break from your annoying ass..."

"Stop playing tough guy and gimme a hug."

And with his puffy red eyes visible from the hem of the white fabric, Wooyoung shuffled over and allowed Yeonjun to wrap his arms around his waist. "I'm so sorry," Wooyoung sobbed, finally letting the coat fall and reveal his blotchy, tear-stained face. "I'm so sorry I failed you..."

"It's not your fault, Woo," Yeonjun said firmly. "None of this was your fault. And look. I'm okay. I'm back now. It's okay." And Yeonjun finally looked over at Beomgyu, reaching a hand out towards him. Trembling with silent cries, Beomgyu intertwined their fingers. Yeonjun squeezed.

"Everything's okay now."

~~~~

Everything was not okay.

Far from it.

Taehyun would still very much like to throw himself off the balcony.

Neither Beomgyu nor Yoongi had come back from the hospital yet, and they weren't given any updates on Yeonjun's condition. Meaning Taehyun had to wait it out.

He hated waiting. Even more so when he was waiting for someone who hated him.

He wanted Yeonjun's arrival to be a good thing. Now that Beomgyu had at least one of his brothers back, maybe he would loosen up more and relax. But Taehyun knew Beomgyu would most likely only become more withdrawn, sticking by Yeonjun's side to protect him from the people he still believed to be a threat. Meaning Taehyun. And Yeonjun would probably hate them too. Them including Taehyun.

There really was no coming back from his mistake, huh?

"Alright, bro. What's going on?"

Taehyun jumped as Seulgi walked into his room, a frown etched onto her face as she walked towards his bed. Taehyun turned back around. "Haven't you ever learned to knock?" he spat.