Chapter 16

Christmas Day

"Ariel!!!!!!!!!!!!" A voice yelled into my room.

I rolled over an looked at my clock, 6:13 am.

"What?" I called back still half asleep.

"It's Christmas!!!!" The small voice yelled back.

I turned onto my side and pulled my pillow over my head.
Suddenly I felt someone jumped onto my bed and bounce around.

"Tommy!!" I whined.

"Get up! Get up! Get up!" He chanted.

"Fine! But only cause your annoying!" I said.

But honestly I was super excited for Christmas. Jeremiah was coming over later today. We are official now, so it's super duper exciting!!!!

I hopped out of my bed, following Tommy; who was skipping downstairs.

I rushed down the marble stairs, hearing the click on my slippers hitting the cool stairs.

I raced into the living room, gliding to a stop. Which ended with me tripping on the couch and falling onto my butt.

I stood up and saw Angel and Tommy gathered around our Christmas tree with my mom holding her camera, on the couch.

I sat beside Angel, in front of the large Christmas tree.

The three of us stared at our mom, with a begging face on.

"Go on. Open your presents!" She gave in.

We grabbed our presents ripping off the wrapping paper.

I opened the smallest box first.

It was a locket in the shape of a heart. It had To Ariel Love Dad, ingraved on it. I opened it up to see a picture if him holding me as a baby.

It reminded me that this was my first Christmas without my dad. Without his singing of Christmas carols while I played the piano. No more of his gingerbread cookies shaped and decorated like our family. No more of his loud, jolly laugh filling the house. No more having a dad to spend time with.

I didn't realize I was crying till Angel passed me a tissue.

"Thanks." I whispered at her.

I looked over to see her crying too.

"I got a locket too, from dad."

Since we came back Angel has been gaining her memory back slowly. Not all the way yet.

I placed the locket to the right of me, pulling another box from the tree. It had gold wrapping paper and a beautiful bow on top. It looked like it was wrapped professionally. Unlike the rest of them. My dad always did the wrapping.

I pulled the top of the box off, carefully. Inside was a beautiful red lace dress. It went a couple inches above my knees and had thin straps. I pulled it out all the way and saw some black, lace high heel shoes. They were gorgeous. I looked inside the box and there was a small note.

Where this outfit tonight.

I smiled at the note. It must be Jeremiah.

"Who is this from?" I asked my mom.

"I have no idea. Last night a man dropped it off, saying that it's present for you." She shrugged it off.

We opened the rest of our presents and gave out mom her present, the photo album. Which she cried as she looked through it.