Chapter 4 - The Report

*Friday*
Today was the Report I was so nervous. Rose tried to relax me a little but she failed. I needed to talk to Oliver. At breakfast I looked over to him and he was already looking at me. We both tapped our china at the same time. We smiled and went back to our conversations. But we both kept slipping glances at one another. After breakfast we had the rest of the day free so I worked on my song. I finally finished it. I played/sung the final song. I didn't even hear my maids come in cause when I finished I heard people applaud. I turned around to see my maids standing with a garment bag. I smiled at them.
"That was gorgeous, Ariel." Bella said in awe.
"Thanks." I blushed and looked at the floor.
"Oh! We got your dress for the Report finished!" Carrie announced.
"Great! Can I see?"
"Nope. After dinner. Time for lunch now."
"Can I eat in here. I'm not feeling the greatest." I really didn't feel like going downstairs.
"Are you ok, Ariel?"
"Yes, just a little headache, that's all."
They nodded their heads and left. 10 minutes later they came back with a tray of food. We were having chicken Caesar salad, my favourite. I was about to dig in when there was a knock on my door.
"Come in." I was very curious who was at my door.
Oliver walked in with a worried look on his face.
"Are you ok, my dear? Your maids said you were not feeling well." He panicked and put his hand on my forehead which sent shocks down my body.
"Of course, your majesty. I didn't feel up to socializing. I'm really nervous about tonight."
"You're going to be fine. I promise. Just look to me for support."
I nodded my head.
A minute later another knock came on my door and a maid I've never seen before walked in carrying a tray of food. I was confused.
"I'm eating with you in here." Oliver explained like he was reading my mind.
"Sweet!"
He softly chuckle at me. I took a big bite of my salad and sighed at the taste. It was heavenly.
"Is it good, Ariel?" Oliver asked me looking amused.
"Extremely."
"This reminds me. Turns out your sister did freak out when she tried the cinnamon buns. You win."
"Yes! I get shoes!"
He laughed and got a box from my closet and gave it to me.
"I got your maids to put it in there."
I nodded and opened the box. In there were a pair of black and white converse. My favourite shoes. Also some other pairs of shoes including flats, Toms, and all sorts.
"Thank you, Oliver. This makes me feel so much better."
"Im glad. But I was really looking forward to that date."
"If you want you can take me on a date."
"Really?"
"Of course."
"Thank you, Ariel."
We continued to eat and talk. Eventually a maid took away our dishes but we kept talking. Soon my maids came rushing in.
"Ari- Prince Oliver." Carrie said blushing and curtsied.
"Please call me, Oliver."
"Of course."
"What are your names?" He asked my maids you where starstruck.
"I'm Carrie. That's Anna and this is Bella."
"Nice to meet you all, but I should let you get Ariel ready for dinner."
They all curtsied and Oliver laughed and left my room.
"Was he here all afternoon?" Anna asked me after he left.
"I guess so. I didn't know we talked for so long."
They all giggled and got me ready for dinner. I wore a light pink floor length gown the top was beaded. It was gorgeous. I pulled on my converses while Bella curled my hair and Anna did my makeup. Carrie laughed at my shoe selection. I grabbed my crutches and wobbled down to the dining hall. I sat down next to Rose and she started talking about random stuff but I wasn't paying attention. I was looking at Oliver who was looking at me. He winked and I giggled a little.
"Why are you laughing, Ariel?" Rose asked while she followed my gaze to Oliver.
"You two are getting close."
"Yeah. I really like him."
"I don't think I do."
"What?!? Rose, you don't like him?"
"I don't think so. I felt no connection. We don't talk all we do is like watch movies or something. You always talk to him and I can see the love in your eyes. His too. I'm happy for you guys."
"That sucks."
"No, cause now you have an inside friend who isn't competing for the Prince so I can get info for you."
I laughed.
"Ok, then. Detective Rose."
We both quietly laughed. We finished eating and went to get ready for the Report. I was so nervous.
I got to my room and my maids were cleaning my already spotless room.
As soon as they saw me they rushed me to my chair and started on my hair and makeup.
"Ok, Carrie will be here any minute with your dress."
As soon as she was finished talking Carrie came running in my room.
"It's...done!" She said trying to catch her breath.
They pulled out the dress and slid it on me. I slipped on some light pink flats since I can't wear heels yet. Darn it! Sarcasm! I look in the mirror and I didn't even recognize myself. My red hair was curled and in an up-do. I had gold eyeshadow with eyeliner and mascara. Glossy pink lip gloss coated my lips. I had gold heart earrings and a matching necklace. My dress, it was beyond gorgeous. It had a jewelled top that flowed out into a light pink fabric. It had a light pink ribbon wrapped around where the jewelled part stopped right after the chest area. It was my favourite dress, so far.
"Thank you, so much. It's beyond gorgeous!"
"Thank you. You better get going or else you're going to be late."
I nodded and grabbed my crutches. I hate these things. I hobbled down to the area were the report is filmed. I saw Rose sitting in the front row and since it would be hard for me to get up to the other rows if chairs I sat down beside her.
"You look amazing, Ariel."
"Thanks. My maids are amazing. You look gorgeous as well!"
She had her blond hair was in a fishtail braid and went to the middle of her back. She had a blue dress on to match her eyes. It went from a dark blue and faded into a almost white blue. It reminded me if a waterfall.
We talked for a while and soon all the girls were in except Lucille. Soon she came strutting in wearing a skin tight gold dress with no back, sleeveless. It had a long slit down her leg. She looked around and the only seat left was right in the back. She hugged and stormed over to me.
"Get up!" She demanded me.
"Uh no. I was here first maybe you should try and be on time for once."
"Uhh! Just get up and move to the back. No one wants to see your ugly face."
"Except Oliver. I mean going on 14 dates now I believe you would think he likes me and my 'ugly' face." I said.
She looked stunned and stormed up as plopped down crossing her arms over her chest.
Soon the Report started and King Maxon gave updates one the country and stuff like that. Soon Gavril came out and sat on a two person couch.
"Welcome to a special night where we interview Prince Oliver."
Oliver walked over and sat down beside him.
"Good evening, Gavril."
"Good evening, Prince Oliver. What do you think about the girls that are left here?"
"I definitely like them or else they wouldn't be here."
"Makes sense, when the girls were chosen you said one caught your eye. Is she still here?"
Oliver looked at me and winked.
"Of yes. And she will definitely be staying for a while."
Gavril laughed.
"So have you kissed any of the girls?"
"Yes, one girl."
"Oh, is it the girl that caught your eye by any chance?"
"Maybe."
"Well, Prince Oliver. Have any stories to tell us about any of the girls?"
"Well. The first night the girls were here I was walking around the halls thinking about how different my life will be and there was this girl sitting on the floor. I didn't know what to do. She was crying, breathing hard so I asked her if she was ok. She looked up and saw me. She tried to stand up and curtsy but fell down. So I helped her slow down her breathing and brought her to her room."
"Wow. Is that lady still here?"
"Yes. She is."
I blushed and looked down at the floor.
"Well, Lady Ariel Noel. I have a few questions for you if you would be willing to wander over here." Gavril asked me which surprised me.
"Of course, Gavril."
I grabbed my crutches and hobbled over to the small couch.
"Good evening, Lady Ariel."
"Good evening, Gavril."
"How are you?"
"Pretty good. How about you?"
"Splendid, thank you. So, can you tell us why you have crutches?"
I blushed and laughed a little.
"Well, one Saturday morning I was going up to my room and I quickly turned around a corner and ran into Ol- Prince Oliver. My ankle is only sprained but I have to keep the crutches for about 2 more weeks."
"I see Prince Oliver is knocking girls off their feet. So I'm guessing no heels for you."
"Sadly, no. I mean who would want to spend 3 weeks wearing flats and shoes instead of heels that hurt your feet and are hard to walk in. It's really sucks." I said sarcastically.
Gavril laughed.
"I hope you heal and get back to wearing heels real soon."
"Me too."
"Thank you, Lady Ariel. It was great talking to you, but we are sadly out of time."
"My pleasure, Gavril." I stood up and went back to my spot.
"Nice." Rose whispered in my ear.
"Thanks."
"You never did tell me what you were doing on the third floor in your nightgown." Rose told me as we walked back to our rooms.
"Long story."
"Fine. Good night, Ariel."
"Good night, Rose."
We both went into our rooms for the night. My maids weren't in here yet so I decided to write a song. I finally got the intro in when someone knocked on my door. I opened it to see Oliver leaning on my door frame.
"Hey, Ariel."
"Hey, Olly." I mocked him.
"Shut up."
I laughed and let him in my room. He say on the edge of my bed and picked up Teddy.
He looked at me and raised his eyebrows.
"My brother, Tommy gave it to me at my departure. He's the best little brother ever. He's had that teddy since he was born."
"Oh, that's so sweet."
"Yeah, his name is Teddy."
"Logical."
I laughed at him.
"Did you need to talk to me?" I asked him.
"Oh yes. I have something to tell you."
I stood there waiting for him to continue.
"What do you need to tell me?"
"Oh right! It is early October now and like my father I'm having a Halloween party with the Selected families on the 31st. And it has to be the Elite."
"Are you sure I'm still going to be here?"
"I'm certain."
He stood up in front of me. I looked down at my feet. He lightly put his fingers under my chin and raised my head.
"You're going to be here for a long time, my dear."
I blushed as Oliver leaned in and his lips pressed against mine.
"Ariel, I know it's soon but I think I love you."
I was stunned by his words.
"I think I love you too."
He pressed his lips to mine again. I wrapped my arms around his neck to bring him closer. His arms were wrapped around my waist pulling me in.
We both pulled away to catch our breath.
"I love you, Ariel Noel."
"And I love you, Oliver Schreave."
He kissed me again. Soon we were both just standing in the middle of my room hugging.The moment was ruined when my maids walked in talking. Oliver and I jumped apart, embarassed.
"Sorry we were late, Ar-." Carrie said looking up and seeing Oliver.
"Prince Oliver." They all said as the curtsied.
"Have the night off. I can get ready for bed myself."
"Are you sure?" Bella asked.
I nodded my head. They all curtsied again and rushed out of my room.
"They're an interesting bunch." Oliver stated.
"Yeah, I love them."
"You should get to bed."
"I should, goodnight Oliver."
"Goodnight Ariel. I love you."
"I love you too."
We kissed and he left my room leaving me standing there in amazement of what just happened. I squealed and jumped up and down like my sister. I flopped down on my bed cause jumping up and down hurt my ankle. I changed into my nightgown and drifted off into a blissful sleep.
_____________________________
Thanks you all for reading my book and remember to read my other book as well. Vote, comment and stuff. Love ya!
~Emily💗