Chapter 10

500 VIEWS!!!!! AHHHHHH!! YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST!!!! LOVE YA ALL!!!!!!
***************************
"Ok? And who are you guys?" Angel asked us.
"I'm Ariel, your older sister. And this is Thomas, Prince of Illéa!"
"You're my sister?"
I nodded.
"Do you not remember anything?"
She shook her head.
"Why are we in the palace?"
"I'm in the Selection. And I was kidnapped as were you. We were found yesterday by Prince Oliver. We were abused and he must have hit your head hard cause you were in a coma." I cried as Thomas got a doctor.
A doctor came rushing in.
"What's your name?" He asked her.
"Angel umm, something Noel!"
"Angel Maria Noel. How old are you?"
"Ummmmm, 15?"
"Correct. Now the questions are going to be harder. Who's is your family?"
"I-I don't know."
The doctor nodded slowly,writing stuff down.
"What's the last memory you have?"
"This guy telling me to wake up, but I couldn't. He started to cry. Telling me I couldn't leave him, that he needed me. That he loved me."
We all stood there shocked.
"Th-that was me." Thomas stuttered.
"Really?" Angel asked.
He nodded, smiling.
"I don't remember you though. Only a voice. I can't remember anything else. Just some stuff about me. WHY CAN'T I REMEMBER?" She cried.
"When the rebel hit you he hit you on the part of your brain where your memories are stored so when he hit you it damaged that part of the brain, making you lose your memory. In some cases people gain them back but you were hit very hard so we can't be certain."
"I want to remember, I really do. But I can't!"
"Sometimes it just takes little things to spark the memory. The memories are still there, you just have to find them."
The doctor left after taking some test on Angel leaving the three of us.
"So was I like dating you?" Angel asked Thomas.
"We weren't dating but we hung out and talked a lot. We also both had feelings for each other. The last day you were here we told each other how we felt."
She looked shocked at the news.
"Do I have more siblings?" She asked me.
"A little brother. Tommy. He's six. We aren't going to bring him here until you remember. We don't know how he will take it."
"Where's my mother and father?"
"Mom and dad are on their way. They were with the King and Queen."
"That's so weird. Being in the palace. Having 'feelings' for a Prince and my sister dating a Prince."
I laughed slightly even though the thought of Oliver broke my heart.
"I have to go back to my room. Talk to you later, Angel."
"See ya." She smiled and waved.
I wheeled my way back to my room. In there was the Queen!
"Queen America! What are you doing here?" I asked surprised.
"I told you to call me America."
"How could I forget!"
She laughed.
"I heard about your fight with Oliver."
I sighed. Great the Queen now knows what I did.
"I know it was wrong not to tell him but we were broken up and I didn't love him back. I should have told me but I forgot about Jeremiah!"
"I get it. I had a similar situation. I had been dating this guy and we both loved each other. He was planning to propose to me. So I thought I would make a special dinner to encourage him to propose. But he took it the wrong way and accused me of spending too much money on him. He was a 6 and I was a 5. He didn't want to make me suffer so he broke up with me. I was selected and went to the palace. I was starting to warm up to Maxon but then my ex-boyfriend showed up as a palace guard. Everything was so complicated. But I realized my heart belonged to Maxon and Maxon only. When Maxon found out he was going to marry the only girl left in the Selected other than me. But during the engagement ceremony the rebels attacked. A good friend of mine was killed and Maxon was shot. Same with his parents. Maxon lived but his parents did not. Maxon realized what a mistake that would have been to marry the other girl and we got married and live happily ever after. The guy married my maid and became a lovely little family. The end."
"Wow. You had an interesting Selection." I laughed.
"That I did. But honey, don't give up on Oliver. Schreave boys are so stubborn. I mean it took Maxon almost getting killed to realize he made a mistake! He loves you dear, don't give up."
"Thanks, America. This means a lot. With the article and Angel and the whole Ol-"
"What article?" America interrupted me.
"Umm. This." I said handing her the magazine.
Her eyes widened as she read.
"How could they write such accusations??" She jumped up rushing out of the room.
"Ariel, just be patient." She said before closing the door.
I laid back down on my bed, waiting to be allowed to leave this place. I don't know if I can be patient with Oliver. Angel needs to gain her memory back and I need to be with my family.
I fell asleep with dozens of thoughts going through my mind.
*-*
I woke up the next day with the light shining on me.
"Good news, Lady Ariel. You can leave today!" The doctor told me walking into my room.
"Finally." I sighed.
This means talking to Oliver. Joy!
The doctor did a quick checkup and let me go. I walked down the familiar hallways to my bedroom. I opened my door to my maids arguing about something. I smiled at the sight. How I missed them.
"I thought I would be welcomed back better!" I said out loud.
They all stopped talking and turned towards me. A smile grew on each of their faces.
"Ariel!" They squealed running towards me.
They all embraced me tightly. I laughed.
"Now let's get you ready." Carrie suggested.
"For what?" I asked.
"Your welcome home par-Tay!!!!!" Bella squealed pumping her fist in the air.
I laughed at Bella's enthusiasm.
On my nightstand was a rectangle black box. I had never seen it before. I picked it up.
"What's this?"
"We don't know. The Prince put it there the night you went missing. He told us not to touch it, it's for you. We must have forgotten about it." Anna explained.
I opened the box and there was a gold necklace inside.
The necklace had a full moon and a half a moon on it. On the moons it said, 'I love you... to the moon & back'
I started to cry. It was so sweet, but he now hates me. My maids ushered me to a chair to get me ready. I held the necklace tight in my hand. Anna curled my hair while Bells painted my nails. Carrie was getting my dress and shoes ready. After Anna was done with my hair she put a flower crown on my head. Bella put the necklace on me and put in diamond earrings. Bella started on my makeup right away. Carrie brought over the dress. It was a champagne colour with a floral pattern over it. The top had a black strip on it and had a black belt around it with a bow in front. I loved the dress. They slipped it on me and gave me black flats to put on.
"You look gorgeous, Ariel!" Bella squealed spinning me around.
I smiled at her. I felt the necklace move as I spun. It broke my heart that Oliver was mad at me. My maids brought me to the Great Room where my welcome home party was.
"Welcome back, Lady Ariel!" I heard some say through a microphone.
Two guards opened the door and I walked in. Everyone applauded. I smiled and waved. Acting like I was the happiest person alive, even though I was a broken down girl who's sister doesn't remember anything and her boyfriend hates her. Lily Grande came walking up to me and hugged me.
"I missed you so much!! I'm so happy you're here!" She said smiling.
"Thanks I missed you too." I gave her a fake smile and walked off politely.
"Ariel!!" Someone squealed from behind me.
I spun around.
"Rose!" We hugged laughing like crazy.
I missed her so much.
"We barely talked before!! How are you?" She asked.
"Not so great. I'll tell you about it later."
"We should have a sleepover in your room tonight!!" She suggested.
"Yes! You can tell me about everything I missed!"
This has been happiest I've been since I've come back.
"Definitely. Now you have to go talk to other people." She said pushing me into the crowd.
I laughed at her.
"Ariel!" I heard a little voice say from the crowd. I saw his blonde hair running through the crowd.
"Tommy!" It is the first time I've seen him since I left.
He jumped into my arms.
"I missed you, Airy!"
"I missed you more, Tom-tom."
"Don't call me that!" He pouted.
I laughed.
"Ariel!"
"Mom!" I put Tommy down and hugged my mom.
"I missed you, honey."
"I missed you too, mom!"
"Sugar bear!"
I laughed at my dad's old nickname for me.
"Daddy!" I said my eyes filled with tears.
I ran into his arms.
"I missed you so much." I cried into his shoulder.
"I missed you too. Now wipe those tears."
I laughed and wiped my tears away.
"Do I not get a hug?" A girl asked behind me.
I recognized that voice.
"Aleah!" I said hugging my best friend.
"Hey. I missed you sooo much! I didn't even get a letter!"
"Sorry. I got...distracted"
"By the Prince!" She giggled.
I laughed.
"Welcome back, Ariel." America said walking gracefully over to me with Maxon.
"America!"
"Queen America. King Maxon!" Aleah curtsied.
"Call me America. Call him Maxon. It's nice to see someone from Ariel's life before the Selection."
"It's a pleasure to be here. It's always been a dream of mine."
America chuckled.
"Well, Ariel you should probably talk to someone." America winked at me.
I forgot about Oliver. I smiled slightly at them. I looked over to Oliver. He sat at a table with a few Selected around him. I walked over to him with Aleah.
"Oliver, this is my best friend, Aleah."
"Your majesty." Aleah curtsied.
"Call me Oliver. Nice to meet you." He said sadly.
The Selected girls all left, leaving the three of us. Aleah decided to get something to drink leaving only Oliver and I.
"I love the necklace." I said breaking the awkward silence.
"That's good."
"I'm sorry I didn't tell you. We were broken up and I forgot about him."
"I found the picture."
It took me a minute to realize what he meant.
"Oliver! That was before I met you. I didn't know I would like you so much. I was still heart-broken about Jeremiah."
"Can you just give me some space?"
I nodded and walked off. America smiled sadly at me. She was amazing. People I don't know started talking to me and I politely acted so happy to be back. After a while I started to get tired and I excused myself.
I wandered the empty hallways. I passed the spot where I met Oliver. I sat down where I sat the first night here. I cried into my hands. What do I do now?
Someone sat next to me.
"Do you remember the first night when we met?" Oliver asked me.
"Yeah."
We sat in awkward silence for awhile.
"I want to go home." I said.
"I get it. You can leave whenever." He got up and and walked up the stairs mad.
After siting there for awhile I got up and walked to my room.
I packed up everything I brought and the gifts Oliver gave me. I placed my bag in my closet and sat down at the piano. I played for hours. I heard someone knock on my door.
I got up and opened it. It was Aleah with a small bag in her hand.
"We should stay in here all night!"
"Sure. My other friend, Rose is coming here for a sleepover."
"I met Rose. I like her." We sat on my bed and talked about things happening back in Carolina.
"Knock knock!" Rose said walking into my room.
"Hey! Aleah! Are you joining us?"
"If that's alright with you!"
"Of course! You're a hoot!" Rose said jumping onto my bed.
"Ariel! 3 girls just got eliminated! Do you know what that means?" Rose asked me.
"3 more girls hearts are broken?"
"No! WE ARE THE ELITE!!" Rose squealed.
Aleah cheered and they danced around the room.
"Why aren't you excited?" Rose asked me.
"I'm just not in the greatest mood."
"Yeah, what's wrong?" Aleah asked me.
We sat on my bed.
I explained everything from Jeremiah to the necklace to what happened when I was kidnapped.
"Wait. You're leaving?" Rose asked me with tears in her eyes.
I nodded.
"Why?" Aleah asked.
"This is too much for me to handle. I can't do this."
I broke down in tears. It seems like that's all I do now-a-days. Aleah and Rose both hugged me.
"I'll miss you, Ariel. But I get it." Rose whispered in my ear.
"Umm. Jeremiah is waiting for you to come back so you guys can date again."
"Ah crap!" I said falling down on my back.
My door opened and my maids rushed in.
"Oh, hello!" Bella waved at us.
"There is a surprise Report tonight so we need to get Ariel ready. Lady Rose needs to get to her room. And Lady Aleah can stay here." Carrie explained.
"Of course. See ya later Ariel, Aleah!" Rose said walking out of the room.
Anna pulled me to the chair to get ready. They fixed my makeup from my crying. Curled my hair again and put it up. Carrie pulled out a gorgeous floor length gown from my closet.
It was tight at the top. It had a shimmering gold material with cream lace over it. It had a beautiful jewelled belt around it. It flared out in layers to the floor. I put on some black and white converses. I stood in front of my mirror admiring myself. It was the best dress so far. Aleah changed into a similar dress but it was knee length. We walked arm and arm to the room where the Report is filmed. I sat on the chair with my name on it. It was front and centre next to Rose. Gavril sat down I'm his usual seat and the Royal family walked in. I glanced at Oliver and he was looking at me. He tapped his chin the same time I did. I smiled at that.
"Good evening, Illéa!" Gavril said enthusiastically.
"Tonight we are talking to Prince Oliver and Lady Ariel! Come on down you two!" I got up and politely sat down on the two person couch.
"Lady Ariel. It's great to see you again. How are you?"
"It's great to be here. Please call me Ariel. I'm doing pretty good. How are you?"
"I'm doing great. So will you tell us about your experience with the rebels?"
"Well, after they kidnapped me they shoved me into a truck and drove for what seemed like hours. I hit my head pretty hard and it was bleeding. The rebel took me to this abandoned cabin. I recognized the guy. His name was Will. So he beat me and one day my sister showed up and he kept beating us. He left us unconscious in the forest. We were found and brought back here."
"I see. Where is your sister?" Gavril asked.
I felt tears come but I forced them back.
"Umm. She's in the hospital right now. She just got out of a coma. But umm she doesn't-"
I took a deep breath.
"She doesn't what?" Gavril asked.
I looked up at Oliver. He didn't know yet.
"She doesn't remember anything." I said barely over a whisper.
"I'm so sorry, Ariel."
I nodded and looked down at my hands.
"Prince Oliver. Why don't you come over here!"
Oliver walked over and sat down beside me.
"I'm so sorry, Ariel. I didn't know." He whispered in my ear.
"Thanks."
"So Prince Oliver. How was your experience while she was missing?"
"It was mostly coming up with plans to find the ladies and the struggle to keep everything under control."
"I see. We are down to the Elite. How does that feel?"
"Amazing! I'm that much closer to finding my wife."
"Yes, do you have any idea of whom you might choose?"
"I thought I did but now I'm not so sure."
He looked over at me. I grabbed my necklace. I felt terrible.
"I see." Gavril said suspiciously.
He looked over to me.
"Well that's all the time we have tonight! Thank you for joining us Prince Oliver and Lady Ariel. Good night, Illéa!!" The camera turned off.
Oliver and I sat there awkwardly while everyone left.
"I'm leaving tomorrow morning." I told Oliver after everyone left.
"Why?"
"What do you mean?"
"Why are you leaving? I thought we loved eachother. We told each other everything well at least I did."
"That's not fair. We weren't serious!"
"He was gonna propose. I think that classifies as serious!" Oliver yelled.
"How about when you kissed Mia?"
"You saw that?"
"It was in the middle of the hallway!"
"It's the Selection! I'm supposed to date other girls!"
"You don't have to kiss them when to promised your love to one girl. Or do you say those things to everyone. Who knows maybe every girl has this necklace." I cried ripping my necklace off and throwing it at him.
"I guess what we had wasn't real love. You were the first girl who I talked to. First girl to go on a date."
"You just surprised me and was romantic but we just wanted to love each other. We didn't though." I said quieter.
"Yeah."
"I always knew you would break my heart."
"That's the funny thing, Ariel. Everyone thinks I'm a big heart-breaker but you broke my heart first."
"Well, I guess talk to you tomorrow."
"Yeah, good night Oliver." I waved and walked out of the room.
When I got to my room Rose and Aleah were already there.
"Hey guys!" I said weakly.
"Hey. Are you ok?" Aleah asked.
"Umm. If I say yes will you not bring it up?"
"No." Rose and Aleah said at the same time.
"Oliver and I got in a big fight and basically told each other we didn't love each other. I gave him back his necklace."
"What necklace?" Rose asked.
"It was two moons and said 'I love you...to the moon & back'."
I started to cry.
"Come on. Oliver is an idiot. You are amazing, Ariel. And for him to let you go he must be the stupidest man alive."
"The thing is I want to go. He isn't 'letting' me go. He didn't want me to but I want to. I feel terrible."
"It's ok. Let's just do girly stuff all night." Rose suggested.
I nodded.
My door opened and my maids came rushing in.
"Ariel. We heard a rumour that you're leaving. Is it true?"
I nodded slowly.
"In the morning."
"Well we got to make you a GORGEOUS dress to make the Prince suffer as you walk out that door!" Bella said all sassy and snapping her fingers.
"Well you gotta get to work."
"Of course. Night girls!!"
My maids walked out making plans for my dress.
Those girls are something else. They are nothing but trouble.
Rose, Aleah and I stayed up till 1:30am. We fell asleep on my bed.
"Rise and shine, girlies!" Anna giggled.
"What time is it?" I groaned.
"6"
"6!!!" Rose, Aleah and I groaned at once.
"If we want to make the Prince weak in the knees we need to get to work."
"Geez! What's gonna happen to me now?" I sighed rolling out of my comfy bed.
_______________________________
Tomorrow I go back to school! YAY!!!!!!!! So the cover was made by abbymcleann She did an amazing job!!! I didn't like writing this chapter but I had this planned from the beginning!! Remember to vote, comment and stuff! Love ya!!
~Emily💗