Chapter 3 - My Favourite

Oliver's POV
The door slammed open and I felt Ariel panick. Her breathing was faster and harder and she was shaking.
"Oliver. Are your siblings going to be ok?" She was so selfless. She could die and she was worried about her maids and my siblings. That's why I love her. Wait, I love her I met her yesterday.
"Yes, my dear we all are going to be fine."
She relaxed. A palace guard walked in.
"The rebels are gone your majesty."
"Thank you. Is everyone ok?"
"The second and first floor is a disaster so no going down there. Your father said to stay up here with the kids and Lady Ariel."
"Thank you."
We all stood up but Ariel was still shaking and almost fell down again. I picked her up bridal style and varied her out. Olivia was carrying Celeste and
Thomas was carrying Amberly who was sleeping peacefully. Everyone went to their own room and I carried Ariel to my room. She had fallen asleep in my arms. Her red hair fell in front of her face and I quickly moved it aside. She looked so peaceful when she was asleep. I gently laid her in my bed. She stirred and I pulled my blanket over her. I fell asleep on my couch.
Ariel's POV
I woke up in a strange room, in a strange bed. I started to freak out. My breathing became heavier and harder. I tried to stand up but fell back down on the comfy bed. That's when I saw Oliver sleeping on a couch. He looked so peaceful. I walked over and sat in the chair next to him. This must be his room. Its not what I had been expecting. The walls were a dark blue and had dark stained furniture. He had a rack of guns and a collection of cameras. He also had a collage of pictures on one wall. I walked over and saw beautiful photos. There where lots of sceneries and some of his family. There's this one of Thomas holding Celeste as a baby with Amberly hanging on his leg. I laughed at one. Oliver took a selfie with King Maxon. King Maxon looks so relaxed and carefree. There's one of Queen America and King Maxon holding two babies, one girl and one boy. Oliver and Olivia. I smiled and saw some that took my breath away. There were a bunch of pictures of me. A couple of other girls but mostly me. There was one of Rose and I laughing. He must secretly take photos of us cause I've never seen him take a photo before.
"Good morning, Ariel. How was your sleep?"
"Very good. I love your bed."
"It is quite comfy. Do you like the photos?"
"It's amazing. Why do you have so many of me?"
"It's kinda embarrassing but you're my favourite."
"Aww. That's so sweet."
I looked at him and he looked at me. He started to lean in as did I. When our lips met sparks shot down my body. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he wrapped his arms around my waist. I pulled away to catch my breath.
"Wow!" Was all he said.
"Yeah. Wow!"
He looked into my eyes.
"Well, I gotta go get ready for the day. Hopefully my maids don't realize I'm missing. They freaked out when I was wearing your coat."
"Haha, yes. Well, I got to go get ready as well my dear."
"Of course, your majesty."
We both chuckled and I left his room. I wandered down to the second floor and saw Rose standing with a few other girls. Only Rose saw me. I mouthed I'll tell you later. She nodded her head and smiled. I got back to my room and plopped down on my bed. Soon my maids came scurrying in and prepared me for the day ahead. They started gossiping. Apparently 4 girls left, Sherry Hansport, Larissa Bouie, Terriella Barelle, and Mika McClair. That leaves 19 girls. It's only been a few days and 16 girls have gone home.
My maids put me in a light blue dress with some ruffles. They put my hair into a braid like bun. I walk to breakfast knowing Oliver will be there. I get butterflies just thinking about it. I really do love him. Wait, love? Wow. That was fast. I walk into the dining room, curtsy and sit down. After breakfast we are required to spend the day relaxing in the Women's room.
"Silvia, I was wondering if I could go to my room. I'm working on a song. I really would love to finish."
"Of course, lady Ariel."
I thanked her and skipped up to my room. As I turned a corner I ran into something hard which knocked me down to the floor. My ankle was killing me! I looked up to see Oliver standing there with a worried expression.
"Are you ok? I'm so sorry."
"My ankle hurts, a lot. It's fine. I wasn't paying attention."
He picked me up bridal style and carried me to the hospital wing.
It turns out I just badly sprained it. The doctor wrapped it up and gave me some crutches. I had to use them for 3-4 weeks. (I have no idea I'm just saying that.) I don't have to wear heels for a month! Yeah!
"Are you ok, my dear?" Oliver asked me as I hobbled down the hallway.
"Of course, your majesty."
"That's good. I have something to tell you."
"What is that?"
"It's Saturday today and next Friday the report is on and you will be shown but not talk unless Gavril asks you to speak which is unlikely."
"Omg. I'm so nervous."
"Don't be. I know you have panic attacks but I'll be there. If you need to talk to me anytime. Just tap your chin."
"That's odd, but a good idea."
"Yeah, my parents did that during their Selection. They won't tell me what they did but I decided to do that too."
"That's so sweet."
"Yeah, anytime you want to talk to me just tap your chin."
"Of course. Well here's the Women's room. I gotta go."
"Of course, my dear."
"Bye, your majesty." I said as he kissed my cheek.
He walked around a corner and I sighed. I opened the door to the women's room and walked in. Rose saw me and the crutches and walked over.
"What happened?"
"I was walking to my room and bumped into Prince Oliver and sprained my ankle."
"Ouch."
"Yeah. It feels better now."
She nodded. I felt tired. The doctor have me some pain killers that made me sleepy.
"I'm gonna take a nap, ok?"
She nodded and skipped off to some girls on the couch looking at magazines.
I left and went to my room. Thankfully, I didn't run into anyone this time. I put my crutches onesie my bed and crawled in. I soon fell into a deep, peaceful sleep.
_____________________________
I know it's not good and short but I'm really tired and I felt like I needed I update so I did. I'll try and update soon. But Christmas is coming up and in pretty busy. I am hoping for 1000 views by Christmas on my other book so go check it out! Only 67 more views to go. Remember to vote,comment and stuff. Love ya!
~Emily💗