Chapter 11 - Good-bye

I was rushed into the bathroom for a relaxing bath. When I got out I out in my robe and slippers. I sat down in the chair and Anna worked on my hair while Bella worked on my makeup and nails. Anna curled my red hair and pulled it into a loose but neat bun. A few stray pieces fell out, framing my face.
Bella painted my nails a deep red with black accents. Carrie came with the dress. It was a simple light pink dress that went to my knees. It had a white material falling down onto the skirt like a waterfall. It was beautiful.
"How is this suppose to make the Prince 'weak in the knees'?"
"This is just your dress for breakfast. We have a different one for you leaving! Now you go down to breakfast and come up right after." Bella instructed.
I saluted her.
"Yes ma'm!"
We laughed as they guided me to the door.
I walked down the hallway to Rose's room.
"Rose! Are you ready?"
"Coming!" She sang as she swung open her door.
We walked down to breakfast talking about unicorns.
"Ariel!" I heard someone squeal from behind us.
I spun around I see Sarah with Amberly and Celeste.
"Hi Sarah! Hi Amberly! Hi Celeste!"
"Are you going to breakfast?"
"I sure am!"
"You should walk in with the princesses. Olivia is gonna be here...now!" She said as Olivia walked up.
"Hey Ariel, Rose!"
"Hey!" Rose and I said happily back.
I was gonna miss these girls. We hung out a lot.
"Ariel and Rose are going to walk in with us!" Sarah cheered.
"Did they agree to this?" Olivia asked.
"Yup." Sarah responded.
Sarah hooked her arm with mine and lead us to breakfast.
We walked in and everyone was already in there.
"Good morning!" Sarah chirped.
I saw America smiling at me. So I smiled back. I looked around and the other Selected girls were glaring at us. I'm going home today and Rose doesn't even like the Prince that way.
Rose and I walked over to our seats and sat down.
"Did you see their faces?" Rose asked me smiling.
"Yes!" I smiled back.
I looked around the room and then by mistake I made eye contact with Oliver.
We starred at each other for a while. We both had solemn expressions on our face. I thought I loved a guy who I met a couple months ago. Yet when I start dating a guy for 8 months and I knew him all my life, yet I couldn't say it.
"Ariel! Ariel!" Rose whispered in my ear.
"What?" I said snapping out of my daze.
"You were staring at Oliver for like 10 minutes."
"Oh." I said quickly looking down at my food.
I wasn't very hungry but this was my last meal at the palace. So I decided I might as well enjoy it. I started talking to Rose and Mia who sat on the other side of me.
Finally we were all done and I rushed upstairs with Rose.
I walked into my room and saw my maids had everything ready.
They curled my hair to one side and applied some gold eye shadow, black eyeliner and some mascara. Bella pulled out a deep red lipstick.
"No way! I'm not putting that on! I'm not Lucille!"
"Please!! You'll look H-O-T, HOT!" Bella said all sassy.
"Fine! But don't make me look like the Joker!"
Bella laughed and applied the lipstick.
"Ready for the dress?" Anna asked.
"Yup!"
Carrie walked in carrying a garment bag. She unzipped it and pulled out some material.
"Where's the rest of the dress?" I asked.
"This is it!" Carrie squealed.
My jaw dropped. Not even Lucille would wear this.
It was a skin tight black lace fabric that went mid-thigh but under the bust area was see-through. A champagne coloured see-through material attached to the black fabric and draped to the ground. It was beautiful but really, really revealing.
"I'm not wearing that! Not even Lucille would wear that!"
"Please I worked all night on it. Plus it will make Prince Oliver crazy!" Carrie pleaded.
"Umm...I don't know."
"Please!!" All of my maids begged.
"I hate you all!" I pouted as they cheered.
They pulled me into the dress. It was soo tight!
"Ok, Ariel! Suck in...now!!" Bella said zipping up the very tight dress.
"Done!"
"Can't-breath!" I joked.
"Shut up! Anna send a note to the Queen saying she's ready!" Carrie instructed.
Anna rushed out of the room as I put on my black heels that were black lace.
"We want you to take some dresses with you." Carrie said carrying about 6 garment bags.
"I can't take these! I would love too but I couldn't!"
"We talked to the Queen and she said you could take as many as you want! They won't be useful here."
"I'll take a few."
"Good, we will send them out now. Bella go take the dresses to the mail room." Carrie commanded.
"I'm gonna miss you guys!" I said hugging Carrie.
"We'll miss you too." I heard her hold back her tears.
"I'll come and visit hopefully!" I said tears filling my eyes.
"Don't cry! Your makeup!" Carrie squealed.
I laughed and blinked away the tears.
Bella and Anna came back and we said our goodbyes trying not to cry.
"I hope I'm not interrupting anything!" America said at my door.
"America! I'm going to miss you! I said almost crying again.
"I'm going to miss you too!" She said hugging me.
"I don't want to leave you and your family but I can't be with Oliver."
"Why?"
"I don't deserve him." It was the first time I actually told anyone the reason I wanted to leave most.
"Ariel, you got it wrong. He doesn't deserve you. You are beautiful and smart and everything Oliver needs and more. Stop putting yourself down."
"No one has ever said that before. Thank you. But he does deserve so much better than me. I'm just a girl from Carolina. I'm not meant to be royal."
"Neither was I. Some days I still think I'm not made for this. But you can't just think of being in the palace. Imagine if you were back home and Oliver was there. You guys fell in love. What would get in the way?"
"Nothing. But... Umm. I don't know!"
"I know you love him!" She sung into my ear.
"America! I need to go home."
"I understand. I'll miss you."
I nodded worried if I say anything I'll cry.
"Now let's talk about what you're wearing! Did your maids finish making it?"
I laughed.
"They think that I need to make Oliver 'weak in the knees' as they would say." I laughed.
"You look great. Don't know how Oliver will respond!" She laughed.
"We better get going."
"Before you leave I have something for you."
She pulled out an envelope.
"This is for you."
"What is it?"
"Open it." She said giving me the envelope.
I slowly peeled it open. There was a key attached to a paper.
The paper said.
738 Oakland drive
Carolina.
"America? What's this?"
"Your new house. Don't read the letter till you're home! Toodle-loo!!!" She waved and left my room.
What? WHAT?!? She got me a house?!?
I squealed jumping up and down. But fell cause of my stupid heels. I got up and grabbed my stuff. I opened my door and looked back into my room. I remembered back to when I first came here and met my maids. The countless hours Oliver and I spent in here. A single tear ran down my cheek. I'm gonna miss this place. I closed my door and walked down the familiar hallways running my hand along the smooth cream coloured walls. I walked down the marble stairs. I listened to the light click click of my heels. I walked past the Women's room and all the Selected except Rose were in there. Lucille looked over and evilly smiled at me. I walked past the door. I got to the entrance and the royal family and Rose were all lined up.
I hugged Rose.
"Write me, call me, visit me, don't leave me!!" Rose cried.
"I'm sorry I have to!! I'll write, call and visit you! I promise!! Don't get a new best friend!!" I cried back.
"I won't and by the way you are HOT!"
I laughed and walked over to Olivia.
"I'm going to miss you!" She said hugging me.
"I'm going to miss you too. Write and call me!"
"I will. As long as you do the same for me and maybe visit sometime."
"I will!! Bye!" I said walking over to Thomas.
"Thomas!"
"Ariel!"
"I'll miss you. Keep me updated."
"Of course. Don't find another girl. Angel will get better."
"I wouldn't dream of it. I love her."
"She loves you too."
I go over to Sarah.
"Hey Sarah."
"Hey. Do you have to leave?"
"Sadly, I do. I'll miss you!"
"I'll miss you too. I thought you were going to be my new sister!"
"You'll get a new sister soon. She'll be better than me. I promise."
Sarah hugged me.
"No one will be better than you." She said with a few stray tears falling down her cheek.
I hugged her one last time and moved to Amberly.
"Ariel. When are you coming back?"
"I don't know if I will. I'll try and visit you."
"Ok."
She was too young to understand what was happening.
I moved on to Maxon who was holding baby Celeste.
"Bye, Maxon."
"What are you wearing?"
"A dress?"
"Are you sure?"
I laughed.
"I'll miss you. You were like a second dad to me."
"I'll miss you too. You were like a 6th daughter to me."
"You only have 4 daughters!" I said confused.
He winked at me and nodded his head towards America's stomach.
I gasped.
"Really?"
"Yup. We haven't told anyone yet. Just you."
"Aww!! Congrats!"
He hugged me and let me go to America.
"Thank you so so so much!! The house is so much. I can't except it."
"Please take it. You deserve it."
I leaned in and whispered,
"Congrats, about the baby."
"Thanks."
I hugged we one last time before moving on to Oliver.
His mouth was wide open and he was starring at me.
"Hey." I said awkwardly.
"H-hey. Y-you look g-great." He stuttered.
"Thanks."
We looked into each others eyes.
"I'll miss you." He whispered.
"I'll miss you too."
He brought me into a hug.
"I'm so sorry for everything. I should of done so much more for you." He whispered into my ear.
"It's not you. We don't belong together."
"Yeah, by the way you look really good in that dress."
"Haha, thanks."
"If you visit you should wear it."
I slapped his arm.
"When I visit you will be married."
"Maybe." He said with a smirk.
"Oliver remember yesterday?"
As soon as I said this his smirk disappeared and he pulled away.
"Goodbye, Lady Noel." That's the first time he's been formal with you.
"Goodbye, Prince Oliver."
He nodded his head and I walked out to the car. My family left last night and Aleah was already in the car. I waved goodbye to everyone and walked out the front door.
"Wai-" I heard someone call out before I closed the door.
I took a deep breath and walked down the palace front steps.
"Hey gorgeous." A guard whistled.
I glared at him. He got right back into postition. The driver opened the car door for me and I got in.
"Hey, you ok?" Aleah asked me.
"Just great!" I said sarcastically.
"What's wrong?"
"Everything. My life is falling apart. I leave an amazing family and an amazing guy. Leave my other friends. My sister doesn't remember me! Above that I don't know what to do anymore!" I cried out finally letting all the tears that have been stored up.
Aleah hugged me and held me.
"We are at the airport. Might wanna make it look like you weren't crying." She suggested.
I wiped my eyes and put on some sunglasses. Aleah and I got out and walked into the airport. I had paparazzi surrounding me, taking pictures and asking questions. When I finally got on the plane I relaxed. I hope I don't always deal with that. I sat down on a soft leather seat with Aleah beside me.
I picked up a magazine. Not the greatest move.
Prince Oliver is in love. Which one of the Elite is it?
I HATE magazines!! They always get everything wrong!!
I threw the magazine across the small room.
"Ariel, why don't you go change and them take a nap?" Aleah suggested.
I nodded grabbing my bag and heading for the washroom.
I finally got my dress unzipped and my dress was hanging nicely on the door. I pulled on a pair of leggings and a white shirt. What I wore when I came. It was a little tight, but I could manage.
"Hey Aleah! Guess what?" I said plopping down next to her.
"What?" She asked looking up from her book.
"I can breath!"
She laughed and continued reading.
"When is this plane gonna take off?" I asked quietly as I wandered around.
"Excuse me? Hi! When are we taking off?" I asked the flight attendant.
"Soon. The pilot is on the phone with the Prince."
"Oh, ok."
Why would Oliver call the pilot of the plane I'm on.
"Lady Ariel?" The flight attendant asked.
"Yes?"
"You have a phone call. And my name is Vinnie."
"Thank you, Vinnie."
She smiled as I walked up to the place where the pilot is.
I knocked on the door.
"Come in." I heard a voice say.
I opened the door.
"I heard there was a call for me."
"Yes, the phone is right there." He said pointing to the wall in the small hallway. I thanked him and walked up to the phone.
"Hello?" I asked when I picked up the phone.
"Ariel!"
"Oliver?"
"Ariel, don't leave. I really do love you. I need you!" He pleaded.
"Oliver, we are over. It isn't really love. You need to move on. I'm not coming back. I'm sorry."
"I lov-" He started to say but I hung up the phone.
I walked back to my seat and fell asleep instantly.
"Lady Ariel. You're in Carolina." Vinnie told me as I woke up.
"Call me Ariel. Thanks!" Aleah and I got our bags and walked off into the cold winter air. I forgot how cold it was here. I was used to the warm air of Angeles.
"We're home!" Aleah cheered.
"Yeah, home." I said quietly.
I called the palace home. No. I need to stop this. I'm home now. My real home. I wrapped my coat around me tighter. I rushed into the car waiting for us. The driver drove us to my small house. I used to think it was kinda big but now it's like a tiny shack compared to the palace. I got out and said bye to Aleah. She was going to get dropped off at her house.
I walked through the deep white snow in my flats. My feet were freezing.
I got to the front door and reached for the handle but stopped. After I open this I'm really gonna be home. I turned the handle and stepped into the warm air.
"Ariel!" Tommy jumped into my arms.
"Hi." I put him down and walked up to my room.
Angel wasn't in there. I dropped my bag on the floor and laid down on my lumpy bed. I'm gonna miss the palace. I looked over and saw a piece of paper on my nightstand. I picked it up and saw my name on it in writing I recognized. Oliver.
I looked at it for a while until I put it in a little chest I kept important stuff. I took out the envelope America gave me and dumped it out onto my bed. There was the key and paper, a letter and the necklace Oliver gave me. I put the necklace in the chest. I picked up the key and paper and my letter and walked downstairs.
My mom was washing dishes in the Kitchen.
"Hey mom!"
"Ariel!" She wiped her hands off and gave my a giant hug.
"Mom?"
"Yes honey?"
"Where's dad?"
Her smile faded and she looked away from me.
"I need to tell you something." She paced back and forth wringing her hands together.
"Your father...he left us."
"What?"
"Last night. When we got home. There was a magazine about you and how your father was having an affair. I asked him about it. And he said 'I had the perfect life before you. But you had to got pregnant.' He left us and went to his 'perfect' life." She said crying.
"Mom." I wrapped her in a hug.
I sat her down on the couch and brought her some tea.
"You just relax. I'll do everything."
She nodded and sipped her tea.
I walked back into the kitchen and finished washing the dishes. I out everything away and walked back to my mom.
"Mom. I have very exciting news!"
"If you are pregnant, Arie-"
"I'm not pregnant! Queen America got us a new house!!" I squealed.
"What? Really?"
"Yeah, it's on 738 Oakland drive!!"
"Oakland drive?"
"Yeah!"
"That's where rich people live!!"
She jumped up and hugged me.
"We gotta go pack!" She said running to her room. I walked up to Tommy's room.
"Tommy. Here are some boxes and I'm gonna help you pack up everything!"
"Why?" He asked.
"Because, we are moving! To a better house!"
"Will I get a bigger room?"
"Maybe. But you got to pack."
"Ok." He started throwing all his toys into a box as I nicely folded his clothes and placed them in a separate box. After I finished packing up Tommy's room I headed to mine.
I walked in and Angel was sitting at the piano.
"Do I play?" She asked me.
"A little. I taught you some."
"What do I do? You sing and stuff. What do I do?"
"You model."
"I'm a model?"
"Yeah. Here's a magazine with you in it." I said throwing a magazine on the bed.
She scanned the magazine till she found it.
"Woah!"
"Yeah and now let's pack up!"
"Why?"
"We're moving." I said as I packed all my clothes.
"Ok."
We packed up our room pretty fast and brought the boxes downstairs.
"Mom?"
"In my room." Angel and I walked in.
"Mom can we go check out the house?"
"Sure go get Tommy and all start the car."
"What car?" I asked.
"The royal family gave is a car so we could he to Angel's doctor appointments better and since we didn't have one I agreed."
I laughed and called Tommy down.
We all got in our new car. The seats were black leather and it had tinted windows.
My mom drove to Oakland Drive and stopped the car.
"This is it!" She said in awe.
We got out. It was a gorgeous house. Had probably two or three stories. It a white house and had a gate in front. The gates opened for us and we walked in. There was a beautiful fountain in front and the snow glistened in the sunlight. We walked down the groomed trail to the doors. I unlocked them and walked in. It was beyond gorgeous. It had a grand stair case, marble floors and it was so open. I walked around looking at everything. They already furnished the house. I walked up the staircase to the second floor. I walked into one room and knew it was mine. The walls were painted light blue and had light pink decors around the room. My room had it's own bathroom and had all new instruments. I waked up to the walk-in closet.
The closet was filled with like all my dresses from the Selection and a whole new wardrobe! I ran my hand along the silky dresses. America is amazing.
I went back into my room and got out my letter from America.
Dear Ariel, You are most likely at home now unless you are reading it on the plane then shame on you. I am going to miss you very much. So if you are at your new house you probably found your room. Look in the top right drawer on your desk, now.
I opened it up and pulled out a pink collar. I kept reading the letter.
So you found a pink collar, correct? Now whistle.
I whistled and a little, white fluffy puppy ran in. I kept reading.
A puppy ran in, correct? Well, she is a treat from Sarah, Amberly and Celeste. They thought you would get lonely and you needed a 'cuddle buddy'.
Then she just wrote how she was going to miss me and a bunch of stuff. At the very ending she wrote,
If you ever need anything call me. My number is 639-5391. Please don't give that number to anyone. Cannot wait to talk to you!
~America Schreave
I placed the letter on my desk and picked up the little puppy.
"Hey little girl." I cooed at her.
She licked my nose.
I carried her downstairs where my mom was exploring the kitchen.
"Mom! Look what Sarah, Amberly and Celeste got me!!"
She looked over and smiled at the little puppy.
"She's soo cute!!" She gushed taking her from my arms.
"I know."
"You have to show Angel. She's always loved puppies!" She said shooing me away.
I walked back up the stairs and tried to find Angel's room among the many doors.
One door was open and Angel was unpacking her boxes.
"Angel?"
"Yes?" She said turning around.
"Look who I got."
"Aww. You're Arien?"
"Ariel."
"Oh, sorry. I still don't remember anything. But she is the cutest thing ever!!" She cooed petting her.
"Angel. What if I take you back to our old place??See if that brings back some memories."
"That's a great idea."
We walked downstairs into the kitchen.
"Mom?"
"Yes?"
"Can I take Angel to the old house? I want to see if it can bring back some memories."
"Sure. The keys are on the counter. You have your drivers still, right?"
"Yup."
When I was sixteen I decided to get my drivers license just in case we got a car. We didn't but I drove Aleah's car and other friends so I know what I'm doing.
I placed my puppy in her bed and walked outside to the car. Angel was already in the passenger seat. I climbed into the drivers seat and started the car. Buckled up and took off. We drove for a while till we got to the old house.
We got out and walked down the path. We walked into the living room.
"We always had a real tree in that corner." I said pointing to the only corner that's open in the room.
"This is where you took your first steps. I know you won't remember that but it was a great memory." I smiled at the thought.
We walked upstairs into our old bedroom.
"This is were you told me about your first boyfriend. You were 6 and so proud to be the first girl in you class to have a boyfriend. Also it was the 'cutest' boy ever. Nick Mustang. Then he kissed Cassandra Johnson and you pants him in front of the whole 1-2 grades." I laughed.
"I did that?" She asked laughing.
"Yeah! You had to apologize in front of the whole 1-2 grade! You were always doing stuff like that!"
"Oh my gosh! My name is really ironic then, isn't it?"
"Very! Me and you would always pull pranks on people!" I laughed.
"I wish I could remember."She said her smile fading.
"Me too." I choked pulling Angel into a hug.
"I miss my little sister who would go crazy about boys and brighten up a room."
"I wanna be that person again. I really do." She cried into my shoulder as we sat on my old bed.
_________________________________
This was a happy and sad chapter for me. Anyways tomorrows my 15th birthday so I probably won't update! I'm gonna be so old!!! Ahh!!!! 8 more views till I get 700!!!! You all are the best!!! Remember to vote, comment and stuff!! Love ya!!!
~Emily💗