Chapter 31

"You look absolutely gorgeous!" I stated as Rose and I watched Olivia adjust her hair.

"Really? Everything has to be perfect."

"Really. I've never seen a more perfect and beautiful bride!" Rose squealed.

Olivia's wedding was a mere hour away and Olivia paced nervously around her room. Her dress flowed down elegantly, and reflected on her beauty. I can honestly say that she's the most gorgeous bride I had ever seen.

"I can't believe you're trying married today. And in a few months Ariel with be married and I'll be sent back home while the two of you stay here and live happily ever after with your amazing husbands."

"Rose, you know we'd never forget you and you have Austin! You said that it's going good." I reassured Rose.

"Yeah, Austin lives out here so maybe you can move here and we can all still be together!" Olivia suggested, sitting on the other side of Rose

"He is great! And hot. Very hot." Rose laughed.

Suddenly the three of us were laughing so hard that a guard had to make sure everything was alright. When we sobered up, we double checked that we looked perfect and headed downstairs.

Maxon and Oliver were waiting for us before the garden doors. I saw tears in Maxon's eyes as he saw his eldest daughter walk towards him in her wedding dress.

"Olivia, you look beautiful." Maxon said as he hugged her tight.

"Thanks, dad."

The ceremony went off without a hitch and I've never seen Olivia so happy. She truly was glowing.

All the guests gathered under the twinkling stars for the reception. This is when the fun begins. Maxon really cut loose on the dance floor, breaking out some classic dance moves. I was dancing with Rose when muscular arms wrapped around my waist. I smiled and spun around to be face-to-face with my fiancé.

"You look beautiful tonight, my dear." He whispered in my ear.

"You don't look too bad yourself, your majesty." I smirked back at him.

"I wish this whole competition was over so I could kiss you right now."

"Only three of us remain. And just two weeks till we can announce our engagement!" I couldn't believe it was so close yet so far away.

"I ant wait that long." Oliver said this in a way that made it seem like he had a plan. A look that I watch out for since it rarely ends good.

"Oliver... what are you planning?" I asked, warning him with my eyes to not do anything stupid.

"Oh nothing honey." He smirked and disappeared into the crowd.

I looked at Rose and she just shrugged back. I shook it off and continued to dance the night away. Soon I heard microphone feedback that brought everyone's attention to the stage. Where the one and only Oliver Schreave stood.

"Hello everyone. As you probably know I'm Oliver, Olivia's fabulous older brother," he paused as everyone laughed and Olivia yelled out by two minutes. "That's beside the point, I'm here to say how proud I am of Olivia and Adam to make this commitment today. I couldn't have picked a better guy for my sister. I see the love between you two and it inspires me to show everyone my love. And with Olivia's permission obviously, I'm here to end The Selection tonight. I want the whole country to know who I love and I'm tired of hiding it. I've known I would marry this girl the moment I met her. And I know I can't have a future without her because she is my future. She's my future wife. The future mother to my future kids. And the future queen of this country. I'm happy to announce my engagement to Ariel Noel!"

I stood there, shocked as murmurs erupted in the crowd. Rose and Olivia pushed me towards the stage where Oliver waited there to hold my hand and bring me closer.

"I am honoured to say that this wonderful, beautiful woman standing before you today is my future wife!" Oliver cheered into the microphone.

Oliver took the necklace that I've worn for a month now off of me and took the ring off and placed it on my finger. Suddenly the whole crowd started clapping and celebrating. I smiled out at everyone, but mainly America and her family. My family now. I saw how Oliver's siblings cheered and jumped up and down. I hugged Oliver tight and couldn't even get a word out as my eyes filled with tears. It's over. It's finally over and I can now be open and honest about my love for Oliver.

We got off the stage and danced the rest of the night away.  Forgetting about all the worries of life and what is to come and just live in the moment of love. I had never felt happier in my life.

~~~~

Hey y'all. If any of you come back and read this you deserve an award. It's been almost two years since I actually updated this story. And for that, I truly apologize. I really wanted to, but I kinda lost my way in writing and reading. But I'm back and reading to commit to finishing this book and my other books and hopefully create some new masterpieces. Just kidding if course, these are mediocre at best. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this chapter and will continue to end this book with me. I see the end in sight and it's about time I wrapped it up.

Love you guys still!
- Emily