Chapter 2 - First Impressions

As soon as we stepped into the palace we were whisked away onto a quick tour. We passed numerous doors. One was the Great room, Women's room, Dining hall and many others. We were rushed back to the Women's room were there were already a bunch of girls.

"Ladies, it's time for your makeovers. Remember, these people know best." The young lady named Silvia announced.

I was scrubbed down and someone rubbed lotion on me that smelled like cherry blossoms, Prince Oliver's favourite.I was rushed to a chair where my hair was going to be done.

"We won't dye you're hair maybe cut it and layer it." One girl suggested.

The other girl nodded. I spent 20 minutes in hair and then I was rushed away to nails. They painted my nails a light pink. I then was rushed away to makeup.

"I don't want a lot of makeup. Please." I asked politely.

They nodded their heads in agreement.

"You're so naturally beautiful as is, we will just enhance your best features."

After makeup I was rushed to a rack of dresses. I picked a light pink one to go with my nails. I put on some light pink heels and walked over to a couch with a couple girls. I sat down and Rose plopped down next to me. She now had blonde hair instead of brown.

"You're hair!" I exclaimed.
"I know! Do you like it?"

"I do!"

"Miss Ariel Noel?" A lady with a clipboard asked. I stood up and straightened out my dress.

"Come with me." She started walking towards a area with a chair and a camera.

"We are doing a quick interview for the Report on your makeovers." She explained.

"Sit down." I sat down and sat in my best posture.

The camera light went red and I smiled brightly.

"So Miss Ariel Noel, what changes did they make on you?"

"Well they layered my hair I like that, painted my nails. They also rubbed this lotion on me. I got this gorgeous dress and some heels which I'll have to get used to. Just enhanced my best features, as they would say."

"Well, you look gorgeous!"

"Thank you."

"Are looking forward to meeting my prince?"

"Oh yes, I can't even believe that I am. I'm in his home and yet it doesn't feel real to me yet."

"Well, you will be meeting him tomorrow morning."

I smiled even more at the thought of meeting him.

"Thank you for your time, miss Ariel."
I nodded and stood up.

The light turned off signalling filming is done. I walked back over to the couch where a bunch of girls were sitting. After everyone was done all 35 of us followed Silvia to our rooms. Mine wasn't in the centre so I liked that.

I walked in and there were 3 girls standing. They all curtsied.

"Please, you don't have to do that."

"Ok, lady Ariel." Said one of the girls.

"Please, just call me Ariel."

They nodded and started to introduce themselves.

"My name is Carrie. This is Bella and this is Anna."
"Hello!" I greeted them, trying to remember each one of them.

"You will be having supper in 25 minutes so you can get settled in. If you want to make any changes to the room just ask."