Chapter 20

"No way!" I shook my head, violently at Carrie.

"Please?" She begged, holding up the heels.

"I'm not wearing heels!" I argued back.

Carrie sighed and sat down on the couch, looking sad.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"I thought you were serious about competing, but you won't even wear heels! You need to! The other girls have been having lessons to be a Queen while you've been here doing nothing! Ariel this is serious. You need to focus. If you don't prove yourself a Queen, then I don't know if you can win. You can't mess up, no fooling around, breaking rules! You're in the Elite now, it isn't about just getting Oliver to fall in love with you. It's about seeing if you're fit for royality. Ariel, you have a lot of catching up to do! A lot!" She explained.

I then realized that even though Oliver loves me, I still need to fight and work to win. I need to prove myself.

I grabbed the heels and strapped them on.

"I'm sorry. And thank you, I needed that." I smiled at Carrie.

I was wearing a beautiful, strapless dress that went a two inches above my knees. The top of it was light pink but covered in white pearls. Under the chest was a silk, pink ribbon that wrapped around me and in the front was tied in a bow, the ends of it, flowing down to a couple inches above the bottom.
The skirt of the dress was a light pink silk material with white lace covering it. It was the most gorgeous dress I had ever seen.

I had pink strappy heels on. Pearl earrings and the necklace Oliver got me. My hair was put into a braided bun with flowers and other stuff placed around the bun.

"This is beautiful, thank you Carrie." I said, hugging her.

"You're welcome. We better get leaving. It's 10:15 and you have to say goodbye to your family yet."

I nodded and grabbed my small bag and walked downstairs.

My mom, Angel and Tommy were all sitting in the living room, waiting for me. Angel was the first to see me and she jumped up and attacked me with a giant hug.

"I'm going to miss you so much!! Tell Thomas that I'll call him or he can call me now." Angel rambled into my shoulder.

"Will do. I'll miss you too. Love you and stay out of trouble."

She smiled sheepishly before sitting next to Tommy.

"Stay safe, dear." My mom said, pulling me into a hug.

"Of course."

"You look beautiful. Also don't rush into anything. You were gone for a month so you and Oliver need to reconnect again."

"Yes, mom."

"I love you." She whispered. kissing my forehead.

"Love you too."

She sat down and Tommy ran up to me. I crouched down so I could look at him.

"I'll miss you, Ari." He said, as a single tear ran down his chubby cheek.

I bit my lip, trying not to cry. "I'll miss you too, Tommy. Make sure mom and Angel are safe. You're the man of the house."

"I will. Tell Oliver if he hurts you I will hurt him!" The six year old said in a stern voice.

I laughed, wiping my eyes slightly.

"I will. I love you so much, Tommy." I wrapped my arms around his small body.