Chapter 9

That's my new puppy. Her name is Marlee!! She's soo adorable!!!!
*****************************
"Your highness!" Someone woke me up.
"Yes?" I asked rubbing my eyes.
Rose was still sleeping on m shoulder.
"You may see Lady Ariel now."
I jumped up and ran to her room. I looked in and saw her on the white bed reading a magazine. I slowly opened the door and stepped in. Her eyes lifted up from the magazine and landed in me. I smile grew on her face. I smiled back at her.
*Ariel's POV*
I was reading a magazine I my hospital room when the door opened. Oliver stepped in slowly. I felt a smile come in my face. He smiled back as he ran to me and embraced me.
"I missed you so much. I can't believe your here." He whispered into my ear.
"I missed you too. I can believe the guards found me."
"Actually I found you. I went out looking for you and you were hidden in a bush."
I was speechless.
"Really?"
He nodded his head.
I hugged him even tighter.
"When are you getting released?" He asked me.
"Soon. But I have to take it easy with my broken ribs."
"Right. I stayed in your house." He randomly said.
"Really?"
"Yeah. I saw your room."
"The messy side is Angels! I said quickly.
"I know." He laughed.
"How is Angel?" I asked remembering she was with me.
"I don't know. I'll go check."
He got up and left my hospital room. Why would he mention seeing my room. It wasn't anything special. I picked up the magazine and continued reading the article about the Selection.
ARIEL NOEL: The real reason she's in The Selection.
I couldn't believe the article about me.
AN UNNAMED SOURCE WHO WAS CLOSE WITH THE LADY ARIEL TOLD US THE REAL REASON WHY SHE ENTERED THE SELECTION.
"HER FAMILY ISN'T RICH. IF THEY GET ANY MONEY THEY DONATE IT SO THEY SEEM NICE. SO ONE REASON SHE ENTERED WAS FOR THE MONEY. ALSO HER FATHER IS HAVING AN AFFAIR AND HER MOM KNOWS. ANOTHER REASON SHE ENTERED IS SHE WAS DATING THIS ONE GUY AND SHE TOLD HIM SHE LOVED HIM, BUT HE DIDNT SAY IT BACK SO TO MAKE HIM JEALOUS SHE ENTERED THE SELECTION. IN REAL LIFE SHE'S REALLY SNOBBY. IT COULD'NT SURPRISE ME IF SHE GOT KIDNAPPED ON PURPOSE FOR PITY VOTES. SHE LOVES ATTENTION." SAYS THE SOURCE.
WE DON'T KNOW WHAT TO THINK OF LADY ARIEL. IS SHE REALLY A NICE, PERFECT GIRL OR IS SHE REALLY A LYING SNOB WANTING THE MONEY.

Tears streamed down my face. Who would say that about me. My dad would never hurt my mom like that. Jeremiah! I forgot about him. He told me he loved me but I didn't love him back. He was going to propose soon. I can't believe I forgot about him!! I'm so stupid.
"AHHHH!" I screamed in anger.
A nurse rushed in.
"Are you alright?" She asked very worried.
"Oh yes, just letting out my anger." I explained.
She left and I started to cry harder now. Oliver came back to the room with a sad face on.
"Are you ok?" He asked.
I shook my head and handed him the magazine.
Tears filled his eyes.
"Is this true?" He asked quietly.
"No! Of course not!"
"Not even your ex-boyfriend!" He said louder.
I looked down at my lap. It wasn't completely true. I never told him I loved him, he told me he loved me.
"Oliver." I said softly.
"No. Come talk to me when you get out."
He stormed out of the room and I burst into tears. Soon about her figure came into the room. I saw her blonde hair bounce as she ran to my bed.
"What's wrong?" Rose asked.
I gave her the magazine.
As she read her eyes widened.
"This isn't true is it?" She asked.
I shook my head.
"No, must is a complete lie. Parts are somewhat true but they twisted the words up." I said trying not to cry.
"Why are you crying so much if you know it's not true?"
"Oliver read it and asked me about my ex-boyfriend and he somehow knew about our relationship. H-he freaked out. He told me to talk to him when I get out. I messed up not telling him first. I don't know what to do!" I said sobbing.
Rose hugged me softly.
"Shhh. Shh. It's alright. He'll get over it. Did you hear about Angel?"
I shook my head, worriedly.
"Umm, she's in a coma. They don't know when she will wake up or if she will. Thomas didn't take it well."
"No! It's not true! She's fine, completely fine!!!" I cried.
"Ariel, breath. Ok, she's going to be fine."
I was going into panic mode. I started to shake.
"Angel." I whispered through gasps of air.
"Help!! I need a doctor!!" Rose yelled.
"Ariel, breath. Just breath."
Doctors came running in.
"Lady Ariel, to need to breath ok?"
I shook my head.
"Angel!" I cried out.
I started to cough from lack of oxygen.
"Someone get the Prince!" Rose yelled.
A nurse ran out and a minute later came back with Oliver.
"Ariel. Breath with me. In. Out. In. Out. In. Out." Oliver said beside my bed.
Soon my breathing slowed down and I relaxed a little. No one could calm me down except Oliver. As soon as I relaxed Oliver left the room. I fell back onto my bed, sighing.
"May I go see my sister?" I politely asked the doctor.
"I don't recommend it. But if you must." He got a nurse to bring a wheelchair in and help me in it.
I wheeled my way down to my sisters room. The door was open as I wheeled in. Only Thomas was in the room.
"Hey." I croaked.
He looked up and smiled slightly at me.
"Hey."
We both just stared at Angel lying on the bed. Normally Angel was full of life and always joyful, with one smile the whole room would lighten up. But now her pale skin was lifeless. If you touched her skin it would be could. Her face was emotionless. I just wanted to see her smile. A tear streamed down my face.
"Why her?" I asked.
"She's perfect. Selfless. Always joyful. Helping anyone and everyone. She lights up every room she's in. Why did she end up in a coma?" I cried out.
Suddenly I felt arms wrap around my shoulders. I looked up and saw Thomas hugging me.
"I don't know. I just don't know." He whispered into my ear.
We cried into each others shoulders for a long time.
"Where am I?" A voice asked from behind us.
We both looked back to see Angel sitting up looking at us.
"At the palace hospital." I explained.
"Ok? And who are you guys?"
_________________________________
I'm so sorry about the ending. Not! Sorry if it's short but I wanted to update today yet. I go back to school on Monday so I don't know how much time I'll have for writing. I volunteer on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and I have youth on Fridays so I'm pretty busy. Also I have an exam this month and in going to be studying a lot. I'll try and update tomorrow. Maybe a couple times if you're lucky. Remember to vote, comment and stuff! I really appreciate it!!! Love ya!!
~Emily💗