Chapter 13

The new cover photo was created by WarriorforGod777 she did an amazing job!!!! Thank you!!! If you want to make one just send it in.

*Oliver's POV*

It's been 45 minutes since I talked to Ariel on the phone and I don't know what do to. I lost the love of my life. Yes, she had only been here for 2 1/2 months and a month of that she was missing but I connected with her more than I have with anyone.

"Oliver, it's lunch." My mother called through the door.
When I didn't answer she walked in.

"Oliver, it's lunch." She said again.
"How can I eat when the love of my life left. How will I choose who to marry?"
"It's not over till you propose." Was her reply before walking out.

What does that mean.
I guess I should go down and eat lunch.

I slowly wandered downstairs entering the dining room. Everyone was already there.
The selected were about to stand up.

"Please stay seated." I said before making my way to my seat.

There were 8 girls left. As soon as Ariel got back Lucille was sent to the dungeon.

We were having some kind of soup. I just dragged my spoon back and forth and pouring soup from my spoon back into the bowl.

"Oliver, you are not going to do this again. You could have stopped her. You need to act like a prince. No matter what happens you need to appear calm and collected. People cannot know you are struggling" My father whispered in my ear.
"Yeah, but I am struggling dad. I can't help it. Imagine if you were going to marry mom and she just left. Just walked out! I don't care who knows, but it cannot be calm. The love of my life just left me." I whispered harshly back.
"Son, your 18, you fell in love with the first girl you met. Give the other girls a chance."

I leaned back into my seat, slouching which caused a glare from Silvia.

Silvia is the daughter to the older Silvia who helped in my father's selection.

After I took a couple bites of lunch I left to go to my room.

"Oliver." Someone called from behind me.
I turned around to see Olivia running after me the best she could with her heels.

"Yeah?"
"Want to hang out? I'm really bored."

I know she was really close with Ariel.

"Don't you have some wedding planning to do?"
"That can wait. We haven't been as close since the Selection started."
"Sure, what do you want to do?"
"How about we get Thomas and go to the lake?"
"Sure." I have always loved the lake.
We walked towards Thomas's room and walked in. He was writing something on his desk.
"Hey, Thomas we're heading towards the lake. Want to join?" I asked.
"Sure, meet you at your room in 10 minutes." We all went our separate ways to get ready. I changed into my pale blue swim trunks. And pulled on a random t-shirt. I looked at the pictures attached to my wall.

It was mostly of Ariel. Why did I have to be a stupid immature 18 year old guy???
I ripped a random picture off the wall am threw it across the room. But it only went a foot away because it's a picture. Ot floated down, landing upside down.
I bent down and picked it up. It was a picture of Ariel on her balcony one night. I was walking in the garden with my camera and she was on her balcony deep in thought. She doesn't know I took the picture. She looked beautiful.

"Oliver, ready to go?" Olivia asked.

She was wearing a yellow sundress over her bathing suit. She had sunglasses and flip flops on. Yes, it's kind of cold outside but the snow melted right away. It isn't too bad. Plus the lake water is pretty warm.