Chapter 7

*Oliver's POV*
It's now been a month since Ariel has been kidnapped and every time we almost get them Lucille moves them. I hate that girl!!
"Oliver! We got another video!" My dad said opening my door.
I followed him to his office.
We say down and a video played. Ariel was unconscious but Angel wasn't. I quickly paused the video.
"I think Thomas needs to see this." I said getting a guard to get him.
Soon he came in and sat down beside me. The video played.
"Oliver! And hopefully Thomas, welcome I have a surprise for you today. I'm setting them free soon."
My mouth dropped open. A smile formed on my face. I'll get to see Ariel.
"But before you do a little happy dance I should inform you of something. I will be beating these girls so it hurts to blink. They won't be able to walk and you will have no idea where they are. Have fun looking the country for them." He evilly laughed.
First thing he does is take a whip and whip both if them. During the whipping Ariel slowly wakes up.
"Oliver!! I love you!!" She yells before passing out again.
I felt a tear stream down my face. It wasn't right, why did such a selfless girl have to go through this!
"Thomas! Don't give up! We are in Caroli-!" Angel croaked before getting knocked out.
"Oliver! They are in Carolina! Send the guards out!" Thomas cried.
Right away we sent guards out to Carolina. I hope this time we get the girls back. Thomas and I are losing it.
I walked up to my room and looked up at the sky. Tonight there were no stars out. Just some dark clouds. I felt little flecks of coldness fall onto to head. I looked up and saw it was snowing. It never snows. I remembered a conversation with Ariel awhile ago.
"Oliver, does it ever snow here?"
"It never has before. Why?"
"Well, every Christmas I've had it's white. And I was hoping I would have a white Christmas this year. If I stay that long."
"Wish upon a shooting star."
We looked up at the sky and a shooting star shot through the sky. I'm guessing she wished for a white Christmas and I wished that Ariel would stay with me forever.
"Also I think you will be here for a long time, my dear."
Ariel's wish came true. I looked down at the garden and I saw the sparkle of the little snow on the ground. After standing outside for awhile I started to shiver.
In Carolina it's way colder and snow everywhere. Ariel and Angel are getting left there somewhere. In ripped up dresses. The guards better find them right away.
I quickly ran out of my room to my parents bedroom. I knocked quickly and loudly.
"Hello?" My father croaked.
"Dad! I need to talk to you. it's an emergency!"
My father didn't answer but I heard the scuffle of feet on the ground and the door open and close.
"What is it?" He asked rubbing his eyes.
"I need to go to Carolina."
"Are you crazy? You could die!"
"I need to find Ariel. Please?"
My father stood there quietly for a couple minutes. I could tell he was thinking.
"I'll ask your mother. Wait here." He said as he walked into his bedroom.
I stood there for at least 18 minutes until my father came out again, with my mother following him.
"Oliver, do you know how dangerous it is for you to go out there?" My mother asked me.
"I know mom but I need to help find Ariel. I need to be there when they find her. Please?"
My mom and dad looked a tech other and had a telepathic conversation.
"Fine! But we are sending extra guards out with you and you are changing clothes so you don't stand out." My mother explained.
I hugged both of my parents and thanked them a million times. They both chuckled at me
"You are leaving in the morning." My father told me before following my mother into their bedroom.
I skipped down the hall to my room and plopped down in my bed. I get to see Ariel soon. I smiled as I looked outside to see it was still snowing and the ground had a thin layer of snow on it. I fell asleep with a grin on my face. I will be united with my one and only dear.
*Angel's POV*
Will walked up to me smiling evilly.
"Are you ready to be set free?" He asked.
"Ar-re you let-letting us go-oo?" I croaked.
"Oh yes. And Prince Thomas will come rescue you and save you and you'll live happily ever after!" He gushed, sarcastically.
"Just let us go!" I demanded quietly.
"I will, soon. First I have to get you prepared!" He said showing me a metal bar.
"Please! Don't hurt us! Let us go!"
He didn't say anything. He just walked up to me and hit my ribs with the bar. I screamed in pain.
"I like you. Unlike your sister you scream in pain." He explained pointing his head at Ariel who was tied to a box, unconscious. She gets whipped and beat. I get beat and some other things I shouldn't mention.
He kept whacking me with the bar till I was so limp it hurt to breath. He looked down at me and smiled. He brought the bar back and swung it fast into the skull. I heard a crack before darkness overtook me.
*Oliver's POV* (sorry about the different POV's)
I woke up before the sun rose and jumped out of bed. Today I was gonna get my Ariel back. I basically skipped downstairs. I was skidding around a corner when I saw a figure curled up on a couch with blonde hair. Rose. I slowly walked up to her and sat down on the couch. She looked up with big, red, puffy eyes and tear stained cheeks.
"Why are you so happy? Found another girl?" She snapped.
I was surprised by her attitude but her best friend has been missing for a month.
"Today we are getting Ariel back." I said calmly even though the thought of that made me want to jump up and dance.
"Really?" Se asked in a hopeful voice.
"Really." I reassured her.
I pulled her into a hug. I have spent most of the month with Rose. I know I don't like her and I know she doesn't like me in that way. But we're friends.
"Do I really get to see Ariel? Soon?"
"Yes! I'm so excited! I should go inform her family. See ya, Rose."
"Bye."
I walked down the hall, fast. When I got to her family's room I quickly knocked. I tried to keep a straight face but I couldn't.
Ariel's little brother Tommy opened the door.
"Hi!" I chirped.
"Mommy! That guy is at the door!" He called.
His mom quickly walked to the door.
"Tommy, don't yell. Hello, Prince Oliver."
"Hi! Please call me Oliver." I replied with a smile on my face.
"Why are you so happy? Are you here to tell us to leave because you found a new girl? Is it that Rose girl? You've spent a lot of time with her!" She accused me with tears in her eyes.
"Oh no! Mrs. Noel! I'm here to tell you that today we are finding Ariel and Angel. I would never find a different girl. I love Ariel and only Ariel. Rose and I have no feelings for eachother. We are only friends."
"Wait! My daughters are coming back? Really?"
"Yes, we know what province they are in and we have guards out there now and I'm going out today. I should be getting ready to leave."
"Thank you, Oliver! Can't wait to have you in the family." She said and winked at me.
I lightly chuckled and said my goodbyes and walked off to get ready.
I got some normal clothes so I would fit in, ate breakfast (a bite from an apple), I said goodbye to my family and told the Selected I'm going on a trip but winked at Rose who knew what I'm really doing. I quickly walked out of the palace into the crisp, December air. It's December 4th right now.
I walked to the car which is going to take me to a plane. When I got to the plane I walked on and and sat it my seat and looked out the window. I barely leave the palace and if I do it's in our private jet to other countries. I never go to other provinces. I watched as the country passed quickly by.
"Hi!" Someone chirped to me.
I didn't look their way because they might recognize me.
"Hello." I said looking at my feet.
"What's your name? I'm Lacey!"
"My name is...Fred." I quickly came up with.
"Hi, Fred. Why are you going to Carolina?"
"Visiting someone. You?"
"I'm going to look for Lady Ariel and her sister. I was told she is in Carolina."
"Oh really? Where did you hear that?"
"This magazine. It apparently is being published by someone inside the palace. People think it's one of the Selected."
"What?!?" I exclaimed.
Why would one of the Selected be publishing private info? Who is doing this? How are they doing this?
"You must really like the Selected." She said surprised.
I guess guys aren't very interested in the Selection that much.
"I just think people shouldn't mess with Prince Oliver's privacy."
"He's the Prince! He has no privacy. To be honest he seems kind of stuck up. Also everyone knows Ariel is his favourite I think he should marry Lucille! She's beautiful, smart, rich. She's princess quality! Ariel is not rich, not that beautiful and seems kind of stupid."
"Ariel is beautiful, the most selfless person ever and brilliant! Also her family donates most of their money to poor people! Did you know the only reason she is kidnapped is the rebel was going to take Princess Amberly but Ariel gave herself up to save her! She is perfect for the Prince! He loves her!"
"How do you know?"
"If I tell you something you can't tell anyone else."
"Fine. Whatever."
I took down my hood and faced her and her mouth dropped.
"Your majesty!" She squeaked.
"Keep your voice down. I'm going to search for Ariel and Angel. Please don't tell anyone." I explained pulling my good up again.
"Oh course, your majesty."
She looked at me shocked that I'm sitting next to her.
I decided to read the rest of the flight.
I finally finished my book and looked outside the window.
Down below the ground was covered in sparkly, white snow. It was beautiful.
The plane landed and we got off. I grabbed my small bag and went to the car waiting for me. The driver drove for 15 minutes before turning into a small cabin.
I got out and was greeted by some guards.
"Your majesty, this is the cabin were the most recent torturing occurred and we are searching the forest now." He explained.
"Ok. Let's go then. Don't want to wast anytime."
I started off into the forest for a long day of searching.
________________________________
I'm so sorry! I feel TERRIBLE!! I know I said I would update a couple days ago but it was Christmas and I went to Yellowstone and had writers block so every time I wrote it was horrible!! I feel so bad!! I promise to try and update soon!!!! Hope you enjoyed the chapter!! Vote, comment and stuff!!
Love ya!
~Emily💗