For Good

NEW BOOK COVER BY @Jaaz_miiin_007
Back at Hogwarts, Draco couldn't wait to tell Hermione about every advancement made, and how the magic world would no longer be endangered.
Hermione on the other hand was struggling with the fact that once the holidays arrived, she would have to introduce Draco's mother to her parents.
The letter she had received from them was supportive in every way. Her parents were a little concerned, because the boy Hermione wanted to introduce to them was the one who had troubled her for most of her life at Hogwarts.
She was concerned about their worries regarding Draco and the possibility of their disapproval. Hermione wanted to ask Draco if he was serious about her to that extent, while also worrying about the fact that he probably had so much on his mind at the moment.
Naturally, she was surprised when she saw Draco catch sight of her and run over to her, with a happy sparkle in his eye, and a hug ready for her.
'How did it go?' Hermione asked, knowing well the horrors of Azkaban on anyone who had some thing even close to a soul.
'We know where the code-breaker is. We did it Hermione.' He sighed in relief.
She hugged him back, satisfied and happy. From one aspect.
'Draco, can we talk?' she asked.
'What's wrong?' He withdrew, his grey, warm eyes piercing hers, worry flowing from them.
'It's nothing to worry about, just some things I wanted to clear out.' Hermione spoke.
Draco was worried. Millions of thoughts raced his mind, and none of them were pleasant.
As Hermione led him to some place they could sit in private and talk, he got more nervous. He did not want to lose Hermione at any cost, and that was all he thought about when she led him to the grounds, telling him to sit near her, on the freshly mowed grass.
'Draco, are you alright?' Hermione asked, observing his dilated pupils, his sweaty hands and flustered cheeks.
'You tell me.' He mumbled.
She grasped hold of his hand and smiled at him. 'Take a deep breath and relax.'
He did as he was told, and when he felt better, Hermione spoke.
'I have a question, before we take anything further.' She said.
'Go on, Hermione.' Draco urged.
'Draco, I really need to know that you're serious with me. After my studies, I'm planning on doing great things, and one of them is getting married, establishing my career and then starting a family.'
Draco listened intently before he put a hand on her cheek and caressed it lovingly.
'If you're indirectly proposing, then consider it a yes from me.' He teased.
'DRACO!' She couldn't help but laugh. 'I'm serious about this.'
'Alright, alright. Yes I'm serious about us. I really want to marry you, Hermione.'
'Well then.' Hermione smiled. 'What do you say about introducing our families?'
'Yes! That's a wonderful idea.' Draco's smile grew wider. 'When do you think would be the right time?'
'Definitely after N.E.W.Ts, when we're on a week's vacation. After that, everything will be so chaotic, we'll get our results and then we'll be busy with our job applications.'
Draco looked at her with adoration in his eyes, his happiness radiating from his smile.
'What happened?' Hermione asked.
Draco was no longer able to resist, and he had no plans to either. He placed his arms around Hermione's waist, pulling her close, striking her by surprise. He touched lips with her, feeling her lips moving with his the moment they touched.
Hermione was caught by surprise, but she kissed Draco back nevertheless, not being able to have enough of him.
A good few minutes later, both withdrew breathless, hearts racing.
Hermione shied away, blushing at the sight of love and adoration in Draco's eyes. They had a small moment full of smiles and blushing until a voice made them forget all about it.
''Mione, Draco, good evenin'.' Hagrid said warmly, causing them both to instinctively turn around and stand.
'Hi Hagrid.' Draco eyed the huge basket Hagrid was carrying.
'Hey, what's in that basket, Hagrid?' Hermione asked.
Hagrid held the basket down so they could see, and the moment Hermione saw what it was, she wished she had never asked.
'Oh, slugs... interesting...' Draco tried to be polite.
'Not at all,' Hagrid made a confused expression. 'They're the most borin' creatures. I had to collect 'em for my fourth year Care of Magical Creatures. By the way, Malfoy, how did your visit go?'
'It went great, Hagrid.' Draco smiled proudly. 'The dark Lord is gone for good.'
'Now, now, Draco,' Hermione said. 'What do we call 'the Dark Lord', when we have nothing close to respect in our hearts for him?'
'Voldemort....' Draco corrected himself. 'Well, he's gone for good, because we know how to read his book now. We know how to decode it and eventually destroy it!'
Hagrid beamed with pride.
'Tha' sounds superb! I better get these slugs in my storage room. See you both.' Hagrid excused himself.
'It's strange how nobody's celebrating the fact that Voldemort can never return.' Draco wondered.
'I think nobody wanted to accept that he can return in the first place.' Hermione shrugged.
'Well, now he's gone for good.' Draco assured her.
'For good and for the better.' Hermione smiled. 

Author's note, 
Updates Every Thursday and Sunday from now on. Love you all! Keep the feedback coming and don't forget to vote and comment, and recommend to your friends. 

Editing of previous chapters is in progress too.