Surprise and Shocks

Hermione was immersed in reading by the Gryffindor common room fireplace when she heard a familiar tapping sound on the window. She rushed to receive a parcel tied to Harry's owl's leg. 
Meanwhile, the owl waited patiently for a reply. Hermione took the roll of parchment and put it on  her side table, and then read the letter attached.

Hermione,

A meet-up sounds amazing. I'll be free tomorrow. I just read the Daily Prophet, and first off, I'm proud of the awesome job you both did. I'm surprised Tuffets turned out to be a heartless bastard. I was starting to like that guy. 

I'm happy for you and Draco. Trust yourself, and make sure to never doubt what you sense.

And I just told Ron about all this, and I hope you didn't mind. If he threatens you or something, just write to me. Although, I'm sure he won't do anything like that.
I hope we meet soon.

Harry Potter.
She smiled to herself. Harry's reaction wasn't that bad. Quickly taking a quill and parchment, she scribbled down a reply.

Harry,

Oh my, I wasn't expecting you to reply like that. Well, I'll take your advice and follow my instincts. I assure you Harry, my gut tells me this is going to turn out perfect. 
I'm looking forward to meet you tomorrow, and I'll write to you about what Professor McGonagall says about it.

To be honest, you shouldn't have told Ron. He'd be super upset about this, because even though we broke up, Ron cares about me the same. I'm sure he must have reacted badly to this. He'll hate Draco more than ever. Don't worry about the threats, though. I'll be able to handle that myself. 

Hermione.

With that, Hermione tied her reply to the patiently waiting owl, and it flew off. She slipped on her slippers, and rushed out of the Dormitory to go to the Headmistress's Office.
She was stopped at the entrance by a voice calling out, "Hermione! Wait a second please!"
"Hey Neville, why so tense?" Hermione asked, observing Neville's expressions.
"Oh ... that? Have you done something wrong, Hermione?" He asked.
"No," she replied, confused at Neville's question. "Why'd you say that?"   
"McGonagall. She wants you at her office right now, this moment."
"Oh God," Hermione said, laughing. "No Neville, she wanted to talk to me and Draco ... after what happened last night."
"Oh! Good luck with that."
"Thanks Neville."
As she walked towards the office, she felt a cold feeling rush through her as a group of Ravenclaw girls pointed at her, and gave her polite smiles as she passed by.
A Hufflepuff seventh year came towards her and took her hand forcing a handshake. "Hermione Granger! I'm Danny Hopkins. I was just rushing towards Potions Class ... how lucky of me to meet you."
"Hi Danny." Hermione said, as she moved a few paces.
"I just read the Daily Prophet!" Danny followed her towards the Headmistress's Office. "Great work you did there! I wouldn't trust that Malfoy if I were you though..."
"Thank you Danny, I know very well who to trust."
Hermione thought that by her stern accent, Danny would get the hint and leave, but he kept tagging along, saying, "It's ironic though, you and Draco handing Tuffets in. I mean, how could you hang out with some one like him?"
Danny had crossed the line. "Draco is my friend, Danny. And thank you but I am in a hurry, in case you didn't notice." Hermione said, as Danny gave her a huge stare and finally went away.
"Voldemort." Hermione said, climbing on the stairs and knocking the door.
"Come in." McGonagall said.
Hermione entered, and saw that Draco was beaming. She took a seat next to him, opposite McGonagall, as she smiled.
"Miss Granger. You're late. I was wondering what was keeping you."
 "Good morning professor. How was your night?"
"God awful. How could I have slept after all that happened?"
There was a moment of silence, and then Professor McGonagall held out two boxes from her desk drawer.
"I believe," she said, grinning proudly, "that you both deserve this."
"Professor, what is this?" Draco asked, glancing at the boxes.
"Trophies for Services to the School."
Hermione's heart was in her throat. Her smile disappeared, and a shocked expression took place. Draco's reaction was tremendous: he almost shouted 'HELL NO!' but got a hold of himself and instead said, "No you can't be serious."
"I am serious Mr. Malfoy."
Draco's face split into a huge smile, as he opened the box. The Slanted neat scribble said: Draco Malfoy, for Services to the School.
Hermione took hers with trembling hands, and saw hers was just the same as Draco's, saying: Hermione Granger, for Services to the School.
"I thought you'd like to have a look at them before I got them placed in the Trophy Room." McGonagall said.
"Thank you Professor."
"That's about it. You may leave now." Professor McGonagall said, beaming. "Oh yes, I forgot! 250 points awarded to both Slytherin and Gryffindor."
Hermione was also about to exit after Draco, but McGonagall said, "Oh, and Miss Granger ... Mr. Weasley's waiting for you in the back gardens."