Home

Draco didn't sleep well that night. The vision of the deserted city kept on haunting him, he felt shook at the thought that he had been there all by himself with the voice of Voldemort. It was like a recording, yet it felt so real, and so terrible.
'Hey, Draco!' Zabini whispered from the bed next to him.
'What?' He mumbled as audibly as he could.
'You up?' he asked.
'No, this is my soul from the grave.' He said sarcastically.
'Some things never change, like the easily annoyed side of Draco Malfoy.'
'What is your problem, Blaise?'
'Granger and you.' He answered.
'Stay away from my business, you understand?' He said.
'Oh, I forgot. I am but a peasant to the Great Draco. Why should I voice my opinions about him? It's not like I'm his friend.'
'Blaise.' Draco sighed, turning to the side of the window, where a little light was visible, illuminating the small portion of their in-dungeons dorm. 'Let me sleep, please. I'm really tired.'
'Of course, you can't bear to hear anything against miss Perfect, because she's your loved girlfriend.' He snorted.
'I've had a tiring day Blaise, I hope you understand.' And he tossed to a side, gazing out of the window, as Blaise was quietened. However, sleep was nowhere near. He felt tired, true enough, but his brain kept on displaying to him what he had gone through that day. He was exhausted by his own thoughts. 
Outside, the sky was dark, with traces of heavy clouds. As the month of October had begun, it was probable that it would start snowing heavily. Draco couldn't register the fact that it was Halloween in less than 20 days. He was dreading the time he'd have to go back home. He hated that place now. The Malfoy Manor was no longer 'home'. It was a prison cell containing dark memories.
Draco felt like tearing that letter the Headmistress had handed to the students which Blaise had just shown to him.

'Dear Students,' it had said. 'On behalf of the recent prevailing condition, it has been decided that Winter Vacations will commence 1st November on wards. Security conditions will be fully  improved during this time and students will return from 12th January. NEWTs for the 7th Year and 8th Years will begin after the following date, so please ensure to prepare well during the provided time. Happy Holidays! Regards, Minerva McGonagall, Headmistress, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.' 
He thought about how he was going to spend four months in that deserting place. With his father in prison, it must be extremely difficult for his mother to be there all by herself. That moment, Draco begun to truly appreciate the strength and bravery of his mother, Narcissa Malfoy.

                                                                                             *
Everything became normal back at Hogwarts once again.
 With only about four months to NEWTs the students and teachers both were dead serious and students appearing for the exams looked exhausted already.
Hermione walked to the Gryffindor Dormitory after a long tiring day along with Neville. She had learnt to truly appreciate the company of her classmates and Hogwarts fellow, now that her friends weren't here anymore. Everyone assured her that they were her friends, but she knew that she would never be able to regard them as best friends. (AN Trust me, I've been through this feeling)
'I'm so nervous for the NEWTs.' Neville told, as he accidentally dropped his Herbology books and hastily bent to pick them.
'Yeah, but you'll do good Neville. You've been working really hard.' She replied with a smile.
They reached the third floor and started ascending the stairs to the Gryffindor tower on the seventh floor.
'Hermione, I know it's asking a lot, but I was wondering if we could study together during the vacations for our common subjects.'
Hermione, who already had started waking up at nights, had dark circles beneath her eyes.
'You mean, combined studies?' She asked, suppressing a yawn.
'Did somebody say combined studies!?' Asked Luna, popping up from nowhere. 
'We were just thinking bout studying together for NEWTs.' Neville told.
'That's be great fun! We could go looking for Nargles afterwards! We'd have quality fun time and practical research!' She piped up excitedly.
Hermione and Neville shared questioning glances. After a pause of a good few seconds, Hermione was the first one to break the silence.
'Sure, Luna. We could do that.'
'You mean you're up for group studies?' Neville asked.
'Why not? After all, you learn more by making others learn.' She told.
'We could come at your house, Hermione. I've never been to a muggle settlement, let alone a friend's house.' Luna said innocently.
'Yeah, yeah...' She agreed. 'We should set four days in the  week and one day for the weekend, how about that?'
'Seems right! Is Tuesday to Saturday okay?' Neville suggested.
'Perfect.' Hermione smiled.
Meanwhile, at the extreme opposite side of the castle, Blaise and Draco were in a severe argument. 
 "I'm going in!' Draco said, walking towards the Headmistress's office.
'Malfoy, you can't ask McGonagall to -' Zabini tried to stop him by grasping his arm.
'Yes I will!' Draco jerked his arm away, cutting Zabini off.
'Do you have any idea how disappointed Narcissa will be!?' Blaise made another attempt at convincing his stubborn friend.
'I don't expect her to feel good about me. I've failed as a son.' He snapped.
'No you haven't! But you will fail once you've done what you're thinking of doing. You're your mother's hope. Since your dad's in prison, why don't you take some initiative and be a true son - the support.'
'Blaise, I feel like I'm dying when I go there! That place is full of so many ... suffocating memories for me.... It reminds me of all the wrong choices I've made, Blaise... I've decided on this after having a sleepless night so let me!' Draco started walking again.
'Man, but_' Blaise started.
'Enough Blaise.' Draco cut him off. 'I'm not going to the Malfoy Manor.
'Draco just listen-' Blaise was once again cut off by Draco.
'I don't know how I'm going to spend two months there. You want a corpse with a dead spirit for a friend, huh?' He huffed.
'I'm just saying-'
'Nothing you say is going to change my mind!' Draco interrupted again.
'Draco just listen to me-'
'Blaise, I've had enough! You're barely a supportive friend -'
'Draco-'
'Blaise, I swear I'm going to hex you!'
'DRACO MALFOY, YOU BLABERRING BABOON! CAN YOU JUST LISTEN TO THE ONE SENTENCE I NEED TO SAY!!!!!??' Blaise yelled, causing Draco to turn around in alarm.
Blaise took a deep breath. 'Draco, the Headmistress's Office is that way.'  He pointed at the opposite direction to where Draco was going.
Draco shook his head. True enough, he was headed to the wrong direction, probably too immersed in his emotional talk.
'Oh.'
He started pacing to the Headmistress's office, but on the way he painfully crashed into someone and felt himself losing balance, going down.