Convincing

The next morning, Draco woke up with what felt like a hangover. He wasn't sure what time it was, and he had a terrible feeling he had missed his exam.
"Bro!" Zabini's shout diverted his attention to the opposite side of the dormitory, where he was standing in front of the dungeon wall.
Somehow, the dormitory was all empty.
"What time is it?" Draco rubbed his eyes, and tried to look over at Blaise's form. He suddenly realised how cold he felt.
"8 am. Hey Draco, come over here!"
"That means just an hour left for the Potions exam! What are you doing here? We need to grab breakfast!"
Draco jumped out of bed.
"Oh well..." Blaise sighed, watching Draco struggling with his robes and tie for about fifteen minutes.
After Draco was done and about to leave the Dormitory for the Hall, Blaise slowly spoke. "If you could come here a moment?"
"What!" Draco yelled, exasperated.
"Just.... come here."
Draco walked over at him and noticed he was holding what looked like a gift pack.
"What is this?" He asked, not in a mood of playing tricks at all.
"Someone sent it for you." He smirked.
"Someone?" Draco asked, grabbing the neatly packed gift box. Upon it was scribbled "with love, for Draco"
"I have an undulating suspicion it was someone from the Gryffindor house." Zabini mocked.
Draco tore the wrapping paper off.
"Is that tinges of blushing that I see." He teased.
After having tore the box open too, they discovered a box of chocolates, a silver bracelet and an elegant, peacock feather quill.
"Ooh wow....." Zabini crooned. "Look at that, not even Valentines Day yet, and she's sent over chocolate hearts."
Draco snatched the chocolate away from him and threw the things aside.
"Hermione didn't send this." He declared.
"What do you mean? The chocolate looks delicious."
"I have an undulating suspicion it was from the Slytherin girls dormitory!" Draco told.
"What, Pansy?"
"Why can't she get over it!" Draco stormed out of the room, grabbing his satchel and wand.
Blaise followed closely behind with the torn box in his hands.
"Draco, I'm pretty sure the hearts are delicious. And plus the quill, Pansy wouldn't have given you one, surely?"
"Go eat the hearts for all I care! Don't say I didn't warn you when you'll be vomiting and lovesick from the love potion in there! I know Hermione couldn't have sent it."
"But how?" Blaise argued as they walked out of the dungeons and up to the hall.
"I just know, it isn't very Hermione of her at all. We just met yesterday."
"And you're trying to say Hermione isn't a girl?"
"Oh for God's sake! I'm saying she isn't like this!"
"Ok then, you ask her and clear things out on the breakfast table!" Zabini said as they entered the hall.
"Sure. My pleasure." Draco went in to the Slytherin table, which hosted only a few members including Pansy and held the gift box up.
"Hey guys, free chocolates for all!" Draco presented.
Pansy's eyes widened, as he had expected, but she didn't display a reaction that Draco was believing would confirm that it was her.
"Oh well, never mind the chocolates." Draco tossed them in a self cleaning dust bin near the table.
"Is any one short of quills? This anonymous person sent me a peacock feather but I don't like peacocks."
A junior from the corner of the table gave Draco an outstretched hand.
"I'd love to have one."
"No you won't!" Pansy stood up and raged.
The kid looked scared and withdrew his hand.
"You can't humiliate me like that!" She stared into Draco's eyes.
"Well, Parkinson," Draco grabbed a plate with two sandwiches, an apple and a glass of orange juice to sit away from her as much as he could. "If you can send in chocolates filled to the brim with love potion so I can not only intoxicate myself but also miss my NEWT, I guess I have the right to."
And with that, Draco gave Zabini a triumphant stare and began eating.
**
After having attempted his exam, Draco walked out of the examination room and went straight to the headmistress's office.
He felt way more confident now, aware that he had attempted the exam after having properly studied it.
He had no particular reason to walk up to McGonagall's office. It was more of a gut instinct.
He felt like he ought to discuss when they would visit Azkaban to get stuff off his head.
Upon arriving in the headmistress's office, he noticed she was quite in a frenzy.
"Professor?" He asked, his eyes following her rapid movements, as she rummaged around for something.
"Mr Malfoy!" She huffed. "Please walk out of my office, I'm carrying out a personal task here."
"Professor, you're not going to break your word with me are you?"
"How did you get in?" She asked, still bouncing about the room.
It was quite a rare and astonishing sight; Draco had never seen Professor McGonagall so distorted and disorganised before.
"You told me your password for the office." Draco informed.
"Very well, Mr Malfoy, off you go! I'm busy at the moment as you can very much see."
"Yes - I - Professor?"  Draco felt at loss for words, unsure whether he found the situation funny or stressful.
"Yes, Malfoy." McGonagall paused, exasperated and annoyed.
"Are you looking for this?" He held up a neatly folded cloth which looked like an allergy mask.
Professor McGonagall straightened up and took the mask from him.
"Professor... it's really up to you that you want me to accompany you or not. But please remember, he's my father. I can get him to do a lot, and I'm sure he'll tell me what you want to know."
"Mr Malfoy! We've put you through many dangers for our purposes. I want you to now stay out of this.
Please."
"Exactly! We've been through so many dangers, and one more won't matter. This is crucial."
McGonagall heaved in a heavy sigh.
"Malfoy, I can not be responsible for anything that happens to you. Azkaban is highly dangerous with hundred percent protocol. In order to ensure safety of the people, the dementors have become the most dangerous species in the magic world."
"Professor, our world needs to know the secrets to destroying that book before any one stupid and drunk in greed for power grabs hold of it. Voldemort can not return. And of my life is in danger, be it as it may. If my actions can save the world from Voldemort's return, I will gladly give my life."
She looked proud, a glint of satisfaction on her eyes.
"Very well Mr Malfoy. You may get ready. We'll leave in half an hour."