Wedding Duties

Draco had never imagined the happiness wedding shopping with Hermione would bring him. Her arguments for why they needed certain muggle things, despite Draco not having a problem with it, and the joy of just experiencing the sweet chaos and long days of continuous walking through several magic and muggle stores never left him tired. In fact, this was the closest experience he had ever had to a fully functional family routine, though he knew this was not what a family routine would be after they married. 
They both had decided to get married in October. By that time, Hermione would be well adjusted with her job and Draco would be in his. So, they decided to spend the time until then setting up her apartment according to their needs. 
After lots of persuading, Draco had agreed to move in with Hermione. He was persistent on moving to the Manor and also implied that he was ready to incorporate changes according to her wishes. However, Hermione was adamant on moving to the place she had chosen for herself. Besides, she wanted to stay in the part of London she had grew up in. 
After a long discussion, both had agreed to stay together at Hermione's apartment.
Now the venue, backdrop, guest-list, cake testing, ytable cloth choosing and the many wedding shenanigans were to be fulfilled gradually. 
There was just one thing they hadn't decided on yet: The Wedding Dress. 
When they went to get their cards published, Hermione raised the question, 'Have you got any ideas for the dress?' 
Draco smiled, and Hermione could tell he had indeed thought of it. 'If you don't have anything particular in mind, would you leave that to me?'
Hermione wasn't particularly fond of surprises, but she wanted to see where this would go. 
'Alright, I'll leave it to you.'

***

There wasn't a moment when The Burrow wasn't a hustling bustling mess, let alone on a special occassion.
Mrs Weasley had prepared a variety of dishes and Mr. Weaseley was attending to the garden. The Weaseleys and Harry were with Molly, in the kitchen, not neccessarily helping, but rather wreaking havoc. Ginny, however, was nowhere in sight. 
'Alright guys, I have a request!' Hermione said loudly. 
There was silence, except for Teddy's loud 'brr brr' sounds, his hair turning mellow golden as he watched the infinite bubbles Harry had conjured pop one by one. 
'I'm going to ask Ginny to be my maid of honor.' She announced. 
'She's been expecting it.' Percy rolled his eyes.
'Why else do you reckon she's taking so long to get ready?' Charlie popped in. 
Hermione smiled widely. 'Well, I can't wait. So keep it low, will you? I will ask her when she walks in here.'
The chatter continued, louder than ever. Hermione checked with Mrs. Weasely and decided to help with the pudding batter.
'You know, there are ways to conjure food in magic, but this hassle feels so worth it. I always say, a handmade dish is always better than a conjured one.' Molly said in her usual jolly voice, flustered as she tended to five pots at the same time.
'Noted.' Hermione smiled, as she mixed the batter as finely as she could. She watches as thee pale pudding formed small bubbles. Just as she was pouring it in the pan, the kitchen went dead silent. 
Hermione turned around, noticing that Ginny had entered the kitchen. She wore a beautiful Periwinkle dress, her hair drawn back into a glorious, fiery bun. 
Could they make it more obvious?? Hermione thought, as Ginny hugged her. Everyone went about their work, murmuring to eachother silently. 
'HEY! You look stunning!' Hermione laughed, as Ginny gave her the widest smile yet. 
'So, ahem...' Hermione cleared her throat, drawing everyone's attention towards her. 'Ginny... will you be my-'
'YES!' Ginny was so excited that she didn't even let Hermione finish and gave her another, tight hug, trembling from excitement.
'She wasn't half as happy when I proposed.' Harry joked, earning a sympathetic pat on the shoulder from Bill Weasely. 
Molly could barely contain the happiness as she joined the hug. And although little Teddy has no idea what was going on, he too joined in, his hair turning a canary yellow. 

***

Draco watched as Blaise kept ranting about his job applications and how things were going so horribly slow for him. They were taking a stroll in a garden near Blaise's house, and Draco was waiting for the drama to be over so he could ask him to be his best man. But the man kept going on and on for what felt like an eternity to Draco. 
'And I'm realising how damn slow time goes man, it feels like years since I appeared forr that interview and I haven't got a call back, yet it feels so soon to send a letter...' he rambled on and on before he looked at Draco's face. 
'You're not listening to me, are you?' He rolled his eyes, annoyed.
'Nope, because you're repeating the same thing over and over and I have something important to ask you.' 
'God damn it Draco!' he exclaimed in anger. 'I've been talking about something that's fairly important to me too and you just disregarded that whole thing for me, what the hell... only things you want to talk about are important to you... you're a terrible, terrible friend, Draco.'
He crossed his arms infront of his chest and gave Draco an angry stare. 
Draco couldn't help but laugh.
'Look at you! You're not even taking me seriously!' 
"Blaise, will you shut up and listen to me?' 
'No Draco, I will not. In fact, I will not listen to anything you have to say because you are a horrible friend.'
'Fine, I have to say it anyways so it does not matter if you don't listen.'
'You're a narcississtic asshole.'
'Alright, and this narcississtic asshole wants to ask you to be his best man...'
Blaise looked at him in disbeleif.
'What? You didn't think I'd ask Potter right?' Draco joked.
'Yes... yes I will be your best man...' he said, still a little shook and apologetic.