An Unexpected Visit

Hermione's heart sank. She was sure she had heard wrong. Ron, here?

"I'm sorry Professor. I'm not sure I understand?''
"Ronald Weasley is here to meet you. He's waiting in the School Grounds. I was really shocked to see him come up uninvited. He confessed at using Hagrid's help in getting in. But he said he had something important to say."
The dreadful lump rose in her throat, as she nodded thanks and left for the Grounds.
*
Ron glanced at his watch. He was 5 minutes late for Quidditch practice, but he had an important thing to do. This was way more important than his career. His heart started hammering as he saw Hermione coming out of the large oak doors. It seemed just as yesterday when they'd walked into those doors as First Years.
"Hi Ron." Hermione said awkwardly.
"Hi. How are you ... err ... I mean how're your studies going?"
This seemed ridiculous. Only about a week ago, they had had a big fight ... and yet, here Ron was, asking about her studies. Hermione, not wanting the situation to get even more awkward, said, "They're going great. How about your Quidditch matches?"
He nodded, in a way of saying that it was going great. After a moment's silence, he said:
"Hermione ... I came here with a very heavy heart," he said, finally not able to hide the real reason for his arrival. "It was the most horrible experience of my life. I tried to figure out what to do. I was confused. To be honest, I'm miserable: my mom won't talk to me; dad only keeps it to a 'hi' and 'how are you'; Percy, Bill, and Charlie are usually out working, but they don't talk much either; Ginny always talks to me with disgust; Harry's always talking in hot temper; and ... George stays extra quiet around me ... mind the fact he stays a lot quiet, especially after - after Fred."
Ron burst into tears, as Hermione sympathetically hugged him.
"Sorry," he said sniffling into Hermione's shoulder and withdrawing from the hug, "Fred was a very important person in our life. Without him, no one's - any one - no one's themselves. He was the one person I could talk to about my feelings towards you. He would have understood. He would have explained to me that it was my fault, in a good way. But I had to learn the hard way. Harry's bitter words finally did knock sense in to me."
There were tears in Hermione's eyes too at the mention of Fred. "Ron _ please explain everything Harry said to you. Come on. Sit down." She magically summoned two chairs, sitting in one herself, she let Ron collapse into the other.
Ron took a deep breath. Then he poured out everything to Hermione: the argument; Harry's words to him; the realization of his mistakes; and finally the decision to come to Hogwarts and apologize.
"I'm so sorry Hermione. I'm a jerk. I wish I could take back whatever I said and did to you. I wish I realized it earlier that you were the best friend who was always there for me, and look what I did to you _ bloody hell, Mione. Why didn't you just kill me? Why didn't I cut my tongue out before saying all those mean and bitter words. I was worse than Malfoy. Speaking of which, I think I owe him an apology too."
Hermione didn't know what to do: be glad that she was getting her friendship problems solved, or feel guilty for hating Ron in the past weeks.
"It's okay Ron." This time, Ron hugged her, as she said, "I'm glad you put all differences aside. Good friends?"
"Heck yeah. Not good friends ... the old friends."
Hermione laughed, as she withdrew from the hug and smacked Ron around the ribs.
"Hey! What was that for?"
"For not realizing your mistake earlier, and calling yourself a jerk."
*
After a long chat, Ron excused himself and told that the Quidditch Practice he had missed must have been coming to an end. They both hugged each other goodbye, before Ron went towards the Forbidden Forest and disapparated.
For a long time, Hermione kept staring at the spot until Hagrid's gruff voice behind her said, "All righ' there, Hermione?"
"Hagrid!" Hermione spun back and hugged him around the middle. His massive hand gently patted her head, as he said, "Want ter come fer tea? I made a li'l extra in case Ron stopped by _ oops ... shouldn't 'ave said that."
"I know you let Ron in, Hagrid."
"Yeh knew? 'ow did yeh ge' ter know tha'?"
"Professor McGonagall." Hermione said.
"Oh." Hagrid seemed embarassed. "Want ter 'ave some tea an' fruitcake?"
"Yes, definitely."
*
Fang licked Hermione's face the moment he saw her. Hagrid poured tea, as she nibbled through fruitcake.
"Yeh know Hermione, I reckon Ron deserved to be forgiven." Hagrid said, "He came up ter me. Wuz very miserable an' all. Tol' me 'ow he broke up with ya, an' 'ow he felt ashamed o' himself. Even cried a bit. Sai' he wished he could just die. He even missed Quidditch practice 'cause he wanted ter talk to ya. I felt sad for him, so I helped him sneak in _ I mean enter the Grounds o' Hogwarts."
"Yeah, he told me that."
"He 'ad a hard time explainin' it all. Sai' he wished Fred hadn't gone. Told me he wanted ter apologize."
There was an uncomfortable silence, as Hermione sipped the familiar, strong tea. Hagrid changed the subject, saying, "Exams are comin' up. Have you started preparin' yet?"
They had a little chat, and then Hagrid said, "Blimey Hermione! Only an hour left till yer classes start. Yeh better be off now."
Hermione stood up and hugged Hagrid again, "Thanks for everything."
"Good bye! 'ave a nice day!" Hagrid shouted after Hermione as she waved.
"Bye Hagrid!"

Hi people!
I felt so bad about doing this to Ron ... like, making him the bad guy. But without them breaking up, how could our Dramione ship sail? By the way, I really love Ron, and I would never hate him, and I hope you guys forgive him too, because if Hermione can then why can't we?