News

Hermione walked upstairs to her room, noticing an owl sleeping outside her window. Her parents weren't home and the owl seemed to be asleep since quite a while now.
She recognized it as The Daily Prophet delivery owl.
She stroked its head. It woke up with a jerk and dropped the newspaper on Hermione's bed. After being fed some owl treats, it took off.
She glanced at the Prophet noticing a familiar face on the cover, which grasped her attention.

Justice at last?
The Aurors raid the Malfoy Manor: Lucius Malfoy, a former deatheater believed to have forced his son into the being involved in the Dark Arts, was arrested.
He did not struggle to break free from the Dementors.
"Our main purpose is to bring these offenders to justice. Voldemort couldn't have done the damage without these people." Kingsley said in contribution to the event. 
When asked what he wanted to say, Draco Malfoy said, "I would have never done what I did if I actually knew the consequences. I did everything for the safety of my family's life." (Read more on page 5)

Below this article, a picture of Lucius Malfoy walking quietly with the Dementors.
Now that was called news. The Malfoys regretting joining Voldemort.
Hermione didn't blame Draco. He seemed too depressed when Hermione had seen him earlier this day. He seemed so disturbed emotionally and physically, that Hermione could not help feel bad for him. 
She fought herself over whether to tell Harry and Ron or not. SHe knew they would scold her for being nice to him, and that they would definitely warn her to never trust him. Yet, she still beleived that wouldn't be justified.
After all, Draco never wanted to join the dark side. But why was Hermione thinking about Draco? Not that it would effect her.
Oblivious to the fact that it would effect her, Hermione folded the newspaper.

***

Harry and Ron had reached the Burrow just in time for lunch.
"How'd it go?" George asked chuckling.
"We just had a drink and talked a bit." Harry told.
"Oh that's great. How's Hermione feeling about this all?"
"She's a little upset to go back without us. She's going to be fine." Ron informed.
Mrs. Weasley burst in the kitchen carrying plates of more food.
"Harry, dear!" She said patting his back.
"Hey mum." Ron replied, rolling his eyes.
"Won't Hermione be joining us?" Percy questioned.
"We can excuse the girl, she's preparing to go back to Hogwarts. Must be hard for her." Mr. Weasley added.
"Come on now, start eating everyone!" Mrs. Weasely pestered everyone until they filled their plates and took a serving of everything.
Bill heard a tap on the window. Charlie opened it and discovered an owl with two packages. The first one looked extremely large, while the other was the size of a book.
"It says it's from Hermione." Charlie announced. He handed Harry the large parcel. He read it out loud,
Harry,
Although this might be of no use to you, I thought you would love it. I am absolutely delighted that you got the chance of being an Auror. I am so proud. I hope this might prove useful somehow.
Yours,
Hermione.

As Harry tore off the parcel paper, he discovered an amazing broom stick.
"The Firebolt 2!" Ginny squealed.
"She got me a Quidditch guide book." Ron chuckled to himself, reading the note attached.
I know you're not much of a book-person, but I hope this will help you win most Quidditch matches. And I'm sure you wouldn't need the latest Firebolt, given you'd be given that as part of the Quidditch team anyways. Love you.
Hermione.
"Two firebolts would cost a fortune." Ron wondered why Hermione was hoping he's expect one too.

Sorry, for the extremely short chapter.
Don't hesitate to give your feedback.