Chapter 3 - ॐ

CHAPTER 3

The Irrefutable Proposition

I could feel a shift in the atmosphere after the question was asked. Taye's gaze was now undressing more than what was on my surface. It was as if she could see through me like liquid.

I parted my lips with my response at the tip of my tongue, but I shut my mouth and continued to think about what I would say.

Taye leans forward from her sitting position as she asks, "Have you never filmed sex before? People or yourself?"

"No, I haven't." I answered truthfully.

"Would you like to give it a try?" Taye asked. Her eyes seemed to glisten even in the subtle lighting of her living room. "I think you should. It won't be tough with your expertise in photography."

"Okay, hold on..." I said, trying to wrap my head around the situation. "So, you're asking me to film you and your girlfriend have sex?"

Taye nods her head, confirming what I initially thought. "All you have to do is record us, you don't have to join in. Though if you wanted to, I wouldn't mind..." She says with a slick smile.

I could feel the urge to smile but suppressed it.

"I'm also willing to pay more than your regular booking price since I am asking a lot of you." Taye explained, catching my attention.

"You could use the money, couldn't you?" Taye asked with a smug expression on her face.

She was right, I could use the money. But would it really be alright for me to get myself involved with something so intimate?

"And how do you know if I do?" I asked combatively.

"Intuition," Taye puts simply.

That's when I asked her, "But why me?"

"Honestly..." she said, "I don't trust anyone else. The three of us are gay, which is better than some ignorant cis man or woman. But I'm not trying to pressure you to do anything you're not comfortable with. It's your decision."

I let out a breath before asking, "And your girlfriend? She's aware of all this?"

Taye seemed amused at the moment. "Of course, who do you take me for? So... is that a yes I hear?" Taye asked hopefully.

"I'd still like to talk to your girlfriend first, she is the one who booked me." I said, refusing to let the matter go. Taye chuckled lightly before nodding at me in agreement.

"I don't blame you."

"There's just one more thing before I introduce you to her. Our ground rules..." She said. I raised my brow at her as I repeated, "Ground rules?"

"Just as you don't trust us, we don't trust you entirely," Taye says.

I couldn't argue with that. I reply, "You right."

"Alright, so this won't be a one-time thing. You'll come once a week, for a month. Longer if things go well. You can't bring anything except your phone, which you'll leave at the front."

"Everything you need is already set up, but anything we don't have, just let me know and I'll get it. Any necessary editing, do it here. And most important, never talk out of turn."

"Does that sound like something you can handle?" Taye asks with a smile.

I wasn't sure what she meant by her last statement, but everything else sounded good.

"Yeah, I don't see no problem." I shrugged.

"Great!" Taye says as she rises, and she motions me to follow her. "Right this way."