Chapter 26 - ॐ

[Amina Clément]

CHAPTER 26

Real Talk

I slowly awoke to unfamiliar surroundings. My mind panicked immediately as my eyes darted around before spotting Taye. I was able to relax at the sight of her fast asleep beside me.

I should probably get used to her bedroom.

...I have a feeling I'll be waking up here a lot.

The dryness of my mouth overwhelmed my senses as I forced saliva down my throat. I was parched, so I carefully made my way out of bed to find the nearest source of water.

I wearily stumbled my way into the living room and found myself stepping on my T-shirt, where Taye had carelessly discarded it on the floor. I retrieved it, continuing my search for the kitchen in the darkness of the night.

My bare feet touched the freezing tile floor, signifying that I had reached. Goosebumps littered my body where I stood in my birthday suit.

...I should've grabbed my robe.

I dressed myself in a hurry. All my clothing were oversized so my T-shirt alone provided me with the coverage needed in the moment.

I found the light switch after a few seconds of touching the wall aimlessly. I squint my eyes once the lights were on, and they adjusted to the abrupt amount of brightness shortly afterwards.

They landed on what seemed to be an unopened bottle of water on the counter. I grabbed it, sending water flying in every direction, including onto myself.

...Welp, that woke me up.

I properly used my vision to realize that the cap was loose yet proceeded to chug the bottle. My body was rewarded with instant relief as I exhaled afterwards.

My eyes drifted to the living room and I gave myself a moment to conclude if I was tired or not. The idea of watching Bob's Burgers overcame the thought of sleeping, so I retreated to the couch.

✣ - [ Taye's Insight ]

I woke up in a cold sweat and immediately searched for Amina, distraught to find the space beside me empty. I shot up from the bed, almost tripping in the process but easily caught myself.

...She didn't leave, right?! I thought we agreed she'd stay the night!

I quickly made my way down the hall. I followed the light emitting from the kitchen and exited the hallway to find Amina on the couch. We made eye contact and I was completely out of breath.

Amina appeared startled briefly before asking me, "You good?"

A light chuckle followed her question and I turned into mush, as all my worries and fears melted away in that moment.

I didn't waste another second as I got down to her height where she sat, wrapping her in my arms and she gasped slightly at the suddenness.

I earned another light chuckle from her. I told her in almost a whisper, "I thought you left..."

Her arms gently placed themselves around me soon after as she awed at me in response. "I wasn't planning to. Plus, I couldn't leave even if I wanted to... you wore my ass out," She put curtly.