Chapter 25 - ॐ

[Taylor (Taye) Owusu]

CHAPTER 25

In A New Light

A sweet scent wafted from the candle resting on a warmer. The aroma consisted of vanilla bean, with a hint of almond or coconut. It was not only welcoming, but comforting.

I was on the couch with a pillow wedged behind my back, and my feet were resting on Taye's lap. She insisted on giving me a foot rub, and I couldn't resist her offer after being on my feet all day.

In Braille's absence, Taye and I have been spending the majority of our downtime together. Though it hasn't been much, I've grew a lot more comfortable in her presence.

We were watching one of my favorite black comedies, 'Deliver Us from Eva,' in her living room.

I released a content sigh as I said, "I almost forgot how nice it feels to just chill..."

Taye agreed, "You're right, it has been a while. My birthday was the last time, I believe. You've been so busy lately..." She says with less enthusiasm.

I nodded with my focus fixated on the television.

"Yeah, I've been getting a lot more bookings." I said, "I think it's because of the summertime."

I can't even deny it, but it's felt so good being back out on the scene. Excluding Brianna's continued interest in my private matters.

"You had a shoot today, didn't you?" Taye asked.

I nodded again. I remembered a picture she's sent me as I looked at her, "Oh, yeah! The picture you took of the sunset the other day was real nice."

"You ever thought about doing photography?" I asked her with a widened grin.

She smacked her lips before laughing at me.

"No way... that's your thing. That was just a lucky shot. I did take some selfies that morning... would you like to see them?" She asked.

I nodded calmly as I sat up from where I laid. She then handed me her unlocked phone.

...I like how easily she does that.

My eyes were immediately blessed with boundless beauty. The lack of lighting enhanced the radiance of her brown skin, and the brightness of her almost perfect smile.

I was able to downplay my infatuation as I placed her phone back into her palm. "Lime green just might be your color," I commented.

She smiled as big as the photo itself before softly chuckling out, "It might be. How was your day overall? Did the shooting go well?"

I redirected my focus to the television as I responded, "It did. Today's shoot was easy."

"That reminds me... I actually ran into Braille the other day and we—" I suck in a breath as I feel a warm pair of lips caress my neck.

"Uhmm..." I trailed off for a brief moment before remembering what I was saying, "Braille and I... had a nice conversation."