Chapter 8 - ॐ

⇡[Amina Clément]⇡

[Amina Clément]

CHAPTER 8

Elephant in the Room

(recap) -

My heart skipped a beat when Taye's gaze fell to my lips and I quickly got up.

"I should really leave... it's getting late."

"I thought you were staying the night?" She said in a questioning tone.

"...I'm good. See you tomorrow." I said while grabbing my cap from where she placed it, and she had followed me to the front door.

I didn't bother looking back when I walked out.

The next day followed sooner than I wanted.

My stomach was in knots the whole ride over to Taye's place. I kept thinking about how she was acting towards me last night.

...I have a reason to feel a way, right?

This is supposed to be strictly business, but I feel like she keeps crossing boundaries on purpose.

I thanked my driver before getting out of the cab, and made my way up to her apartment.

I was met and greeted by Braille at the door.

I followed the usual routine as I placed everything in my pockets in the basket at the front. I was warm in my jacket, so I took it off too.

"That's different. Are you alright?" Braille asked. She seemed to be in a better mood today.

"Yeah, don't worry about it." I said dismissively.

Taye was already inside the room and too busy searching around to notice us walk in.

Braille cleared her throat and Taye looked up with a smile on her face. "Good, you came... I almost thought you stood us up."

I chuckled in response. "Nah, I wouldn't do that. Traffic be crazy around these times..."

Truth is, I almost stayed my ass home.

"Are you ready to begin?" She asked me.

I let out a breath as I said, "Yeah, just give me a sec and we good to go."