Chapter 19 - ॐ

⇡[Amina Clément]⇡

[Amina Clément]

CHAPTER 19

Their True Colors

Our once light atmosphere was now a glum and unfriendly one. The air blowing from the small AC vents located in Taye's car left me shivering occasionally. Her stare created the same reaction, sending chills through my body as she waited impatiently on my response.

"I'm sorry, I was going to tell you..." I confessed.

"You know Brianna's my friend... so when she asked me to help her with a shoot, it was hard to say no. There wasn't a lot of filming that I had to do... and it didn't intervene with our schedule, so I didn't think it'd be a big deal. I just wanted to help."

Taye exhaled deeply. "Amina, I don't care for any of that." She said and the sound of my name from her mouth forced my heart to skip a beat.

Her hand extended towards me and she grabbed my neck as my body immobilized. "I don't think you understand why I'm upset..." She declared.

"If you make a promise with me, that promise is meant to be kept by any means. Yet you break it, and you try to hide it from me?"

"I... I know that, and I'm sorry..." I respond, taking full accountability for my actions.

Her grip tightened to the point where my breath was slightly restricted and it hurt to breathe.

She brought my face closer to hers so it was just inches away as she peered deeply into my eyes. "Don't keep secrets from me, Amina."

I reached for her hand and she unlatched her grip just then as I inhaled oxygen back into my lungs.

"You should've apologized and been a good girl the first time that I asked." Taye said in a softer tone, "Instead of making excuses."

The only sound that I could hear was the pounding of my heart against my ribcage.

Really, heart?! This is not the time!

I was at a complete loss for words as I tried to decipher in my head what exactly just occurred.

She let out a breath and started the engine. "I have to admit, I'm disappointed in you."

"I enjoyed my time with you but let's call it a day. I'm going to head on home." Taye said, unlocking the car doors in the process.