Chapter 17 - ॐ

[Braille Simmons]

CHAPTER 17

The After-Effects

I woke up in a cold sweat and I inspected my surroundings. It was pitch black and the only source of light came from a lit candle.

I could smell the burning aroma of lavender, where the candle rested on the nightstand.

...How long have I been sleeping?

Taye was laying on my right against my chest, and Braille was snuggled into my left arm. Both of them were fast asleep, and I had no way of moving without waking one or the other.

I couldn't tell what time it was and my phone was left somewhere in the living room.

I managed to sit up slightly and I could feel the soreness in my lower back. I peeked under the covers and we all were still bare underneath.

Holy shit... I really did it.

"Mm. It's cold..." Braille moaned softly as she stirred within her sleep, and I let the covers fall back down where they were.

"Why're you up?" Taye's smooth voice uttered, deepened by her weariness.

I looked at her and her squinted eyes made her appear even more attractive.

She pulled me until I was laying flat again. "You're not leaving already, right? Sleep some more..." She mumbled with her eyes closed.

Braille snuggled back into my side and I quickly found myself drifting off once again.

I awoke after what felt like minutes yet the rays of sunlight illuminating the room said otherwise.

I was startled to find Taye staring directly at me. She chuckled slightly and I exhaled through my nose. "Who does shit like that?" I grumbled.

She continued laughing as I pinched the inner corners of my eyes, ridding them of any crust. 

"What do you mean? Shit like what?" She questioned as if she was oblivious.

I replied, "Stare at someone while they sleep..."

"I couldn't help myself... you're just so beautiful." Taye said before a grin spread across her face. "Good morning, your majesty. Shall I serve you breakfast in bed this morning?"

Her and her corniness.

"Morning..." I drifted off as I realized that the spot to the left of me was vacant. I questioned the emptiness when I asked, "Where's Braille?"

Taye suddenly kissed me and my heart thumped inside my chest. Something about her weight on top of me really turned me on.

Taye finally answered, "She's showering... she has a group presentation."

That's strange, I can't hear the water running...

"A group presentation?" I repeated as I slowly came to the realization, "Braille's in college?!"