Chapter 4 - ॐ

[Braille Simmons]

CHAPTER 4

What's Little Space?

The scent of lemongrass blew in the form of a mist, escaping from a humidifier that sat on the coffee table. The smell was comforting, and it eased my nerves as I waited.

It wasn't long before Taye came out from the hall and I sat up from my slouched position.

"I'm sorry about that. I hope we didn't make you wait too long..." Taye said, and a short figure stepped from behind her.

It was Braille, and I finally realized how short she was. She had to be 5'4. She was dressed this time but only in a oversized T-shirt.

"Wow, you look like a doll!" She exclaimed with bright eyes, "I hit the jackpot!"

"Umm... thanks?" I laughed cautiously, not really knowing how to respond.

"Your name is Aria, right?" She asked and I corrected her as I said, "No, it's Amina."

"Okay, Ariana." She said before plopping down on the couch beside me. Taye was watching her every move and Braille said, "...Ugh! What?"

"...Nothing. Just watch yourself."

"I heard a lot about you." Braille said while looking at me and Taye shook her head.

"What did I just say?"

"Whatever, I don't care." She said, "You look so young! What age are you?"

...You got balls saying that, looking like you 14.

If it wasn't for the tattoos, I would've thought she was a whole case.

"Can you even do this?" She asked tauntingly.

"Yeah, I'll just be recording..." I respond.

"Braille, make me say your name again..." Taye said threateningly. It made me nervous, and I wasn't even the one she was speaking to.

"What? I'm just talking to her! Stop butting in."

"I don't care what you think you're doing, you're being rude." Taye said sternly. "Now stop bothering her, so we can discuss important things."

"You never let me have any fun." She pouts, crossing her arms against her chest.

I couldn't help but feel out of place.

"I wanted to use this day for us to get to know each other. Can we do that?" Taye asked as she looked between the two of us.

I nod and Braille nodded after I did.

"Amina, this is my partner Braille. Braille, this is Amina. She's our new photographer."

"Nice to meet you, Mia." Braille said and I corrected her as I said, "It's Amina."

...You better get my damn name right.

"Yeah, yeah...." She said dismissively, and I felt the urge to harm her.

"It's nice to meet you." I said through clenched-teeth.

"I didn't think you'd be so pretty... now I want you to myself." Braille grinned at me as she played with the ends of my locs.

"So, how was I? Did I make you wet?" She asked, placing her hand on my thigh.

I tensed up. "...I was more concerned about your safety than anything else." I said honestly.