Chapter 18 - ॐ

[Brianna Jones]

CHAPTER 18

Caught Red-Handed

It was the second day of shooting and I was finished with my part. Brianna approached me with a glass of wine and I accepted it with a smile.

"You did a great job today. I can't help but notice that you're glowing. You've finally managed to get your sleeping schedule back on track, haven't you?" She questioned with bright eyes.

I chuckled in response, "Yeah... and then some."

"I'm glad to hear that. And you've been bringing your A game, I love to see it." She smiled at me.

I nod, "I've been getting back in my groove... practicing on my own and whatnot."

Brianna nods approvingly as I finished my statement. "I know I'm always nagging you and shit... but I just want the best for you, alright?"

"Of course, I didn't take it any other way." I replied, and her gaze slightly lingered on me as she smiled. There was a feeling of longing within her gaze.

"Umm–" She began to say something when suddenly she was interrupted.

"Amina? Is that you?"

Judging by the way my heart palpitated, it was no other than Taye standing before us.

I slowly mustered up the courage before I met her line of sight and I cracked an awkward smile.

"What a pleasant surprise..." She said with a huge smile on her face, but I could sense something ominous about her aura.

"What're you doing here?" I asked in astonishment.

"Me? I was invited by a friend to give some professional advice." She said casually, with a less dramatized smile.

I could feel eyes on us, people were glancing over and talking amongst themselves.

"I have to admit, you were the last person I expected to see here. I thought I'd be all alone. You don't mind if I stick around you, right?" She asked me.

...I thought she didn't want to be seen with me?

I stared at her a moment longer before responding, "...Yeah, sure."

"How about you? What're you doing here?"

"I was actually invited by a friend as well."

Brianna cleared her throat as she said, "You do realize I'm still here, right?"

"Oh, my fault..." I said apologetically. "Brianna meet Taye, and Taye... this is my friend, Brianna."

They exchanged looks and Brianna said, "You didn't have to introduce us. I'm sure almost everyone here knows the infamous Taylor Owusu..."

I felt slight tension between the two of them but Taye simply smiled as Brianna glared at her.

"Anyway, I almost forgot to tell you but Mr. Wilson wanted to thank you–"