seventeen

" Jaeyeon are you ready for those exams? " Byeolmin asked as she and Jaeyeon walked into the school building together.

" Fashion Design and Cosmetology, Mr. and Mrs. Suh would probably give us an easy pass. Business is just a lot of concept memorizing. Maybe not for Econ and English though. Those subjects are very hard. " Jaeyeon replied. 

" I see. Don't sweat it too much girl. I think you'll be fine. You technically only slacked off that one-day Jaehyun took you out of the school for food. " Byeolmin said laughing.

" Yeah, I guess. I just don't want to look like a leech prawn for Doyoung since he's crazy smart you know? " Jaeyeon told her.

" I understand where you're coming from and even you may not be the same as him. Just remember that you are your own character. Don't let other people be the main character in your life if they're trying to bring you down or compare you to Doyoung. I'm sure he'll understand your weaknesses. " Byeolmin added.

" I don't know. Usually, he'll be like ' You don't study enough ' or ' You have too much free time. '" Jaeyeon mimicked Doyoung as accurately as possible.

" Let him be a meanie. He'll realize that just because he's smart doesn't mean he could have a good personality you know. " Byeolmin added.

" Woah is this the first time Byeolmin is throwing shade at Doyoung?! Look at you go! " Jaeyeon said with a sarcastic cheer.

" Well, I had to learn from the best Jung Jaehyun. " Byeolmin laughed.

" Of course. He's always having stuff up his sleeves. " Jaeyeon laughed along. " But I haven't seen Doyoung a lot in the past month. He's really stressing over those exams. I'm worried about him. " 

" About time for you to realize. Is it not seeing Doyoung making your feelings grow? " Byeolmin asked teasing her.

" Probably. The last time we talked was a week ago when I saw him at his locker organizing his stuff. I came up to him and asked him if he was alright and needed anything. " Jaeyeon told her.

" And what did Doyoung say? " Byeolmin responded.

" He said yeah he's doing alright, No he didn't needed anything and just told me to do well in my classes and left me there. " Jaeyeon responded.

" At least that's the progress you know. At least he isn't cursing you out like he would on the usual. " Byeolmin said.

" Yeah but he's starting to change a lot. Maybe because of the marriage stuff. " Jaeyeon told her. " Even then, I didn't have many chances to interact with him because it's simply hard to open a shell-like him. "

" It will take the time I promise you and in the end, it will be better! " Byeolmin said looking down at her watch. " Well, I need to head to my Biology class. I'll see you. Good luck with your exams Jaeyeon! " Byeolmin waved at her and parted her ways.

" Good luck on your exams to Byeolmin! " Jaeyeon waved at her back and watch her disappear from Jaeyeon's sight. " Wow, she's such a sweet person. " 

Jaeyeon settled down in her Business class waiting for her exam to start. She was honestly ready to leave this school and graduate already. 

" Yeah, right I don't care about ranks. I just care about passing at this point. " Jaeyeon mumbled as the teacher passed out her exam.

-

The ranking walls were posted at the left side of the building organized by general major name and concentration. The posters were posted next to each other one by one. All of the students were rushing to see their ranks. One by one they left as more students continued to see their rankings. Jaeyeon only checked to see if she made it on the list but she didn't care to take a look.