twenty six

Jaeyeon woke up on the couch and still realizes that it was night time seeing that there were only a few dim lights around the first floor of her house. She saw the sight of Jaemin immediately.

" Jaemin. Jaemin! JAEMIN! NA JAEMIN! " Jaeyeon said immediately getting up seeing her brother in sight and hugging him tightly.

" Oh my goodness noona you're awake! Are you okay? " Jaemin asked her.

" Yes and... " Jaeyeon trailed off visualizing the memories of her and Jaemin growing up. " I remember... I remember everything... from our birthday parties to our beach trips, from our graduations, and our loving personalities towards one another. You were still the same even when I lost my memories Nana... " 

Jaemin's face lit up. " Noona! I'm so happy to have you back! " 

" I know I know. " Jaeyeon said realizing that Doyoung was gone. " Where's Doyoung... by the way? "

" I don't know he didn't pick up so I'm assuming he's out or really busy. " Jaemin responded. " Anything wrong? "

" I- Doyoung and I had a big fight and it was kinda similar to the one that happened two years ago... " Jaeyeon said.

" The one where you were randomly making out with the random dude in the bar? Damn you're so ruthless for doing that. Well... I can see Doyoung's motive for finding out about that... I was the one who dragged you out. " Jaemin added. 

" Yeah, thanks Jaemin for that. " Jaeyeon told him.

" Noona? " Jaemin asked as she hmm at him. " Do you perhaps what happened between you and Doyoung before you and Appa... got into the car accident? " Jaemin asked Jaeyeon.

She doesn't vividly remember much about riding home with her dad that night beside the fact that there was a car chase happening around in their direction. 

Then the realization hit her.

" Wait.. Appa didn't make it right? " Jaeyeon asked as she saw the younger boy's tears starting to flow down.

" No noona... he didn't make it... " Jaemin started crying.

" Come here Jaemin. " Jaeyeon said engulfing her brother into a hug as he cried on her shoulder. " It's okay, I'm sad too, but we need to stay strong for Appa. He's probably watching us from heaven right now. " 

" Let's stay strong together noona. " Jaemin responded as he got off his shoulders and wiping his tears. " I'm sorry for crying in front of you noona. " 

" That's okay Jaemin, right now there's a lot of things to absorb. Me getting my memory back is shocking enough. " Jaeyeon patted him on the back remembering his question. " Oh right. Doyoung. He found out about the bar incident and we had a huge fight about it. I said sorry and left because I didn't want to deal with it anymore, but to think about it. Everything was my fault. " Jaeyeon explained to him.

" No it's not your fault, that car chase was the reason. It's life noona. " Jaemin said. " And there's something you should know... about Doyoung. "

" What is it? " Jaeyeon asked.

" Doyoung blames himself for your memory loss and Appa's death. " Jaemin softly said.

" But it's really not his fault too. " Jaeyeon said. "As you said, it's life, it happens. "

" Well, Doyoung doesn't think so. He's been blaming himself for it for two years now and the best thing he could do was to show his cold personality for you, making you not fall in love with him. He really wanted to let you go and move on with life to see you happy with someone else. But that arrange marriage made it harder for him to stay away from you. You grew feelings for him again.... but I don't know if Doyoung grew feelings again too. " Jaemin told her. " Did you guys break up that night or you guys were just still together fooling everyone for the longest time without your knowledge? "