Chapter 4: The Missing Camera

The next day Rosie began her journey of freeing her brother. She needed to find out who the girl was so decided to search Charlie's room. Will was out, so was her mother and father, but she didn't know where Robbie was, but she didn't really care. She first wanted to find Charlie's camera, they may have been photos on there that she could get Charlie's friend to develope for her. She thought they might contain evidence. She looked all over her room, but couldn't find it anywhere. Maybe he dropped it in the woods. No, she thought she remembered him having it that day when he came out of the woods. She decided to ask her mother later. She started to look through Charlie's dresser and desk, for anything that might help her find the girl in the picture. She searched and searched but found nothing. She realized that Charlie is to smart to leave stuff like that around, they had to be hidden really well. She sat down on the bed, Robbie walked by.

"What are you doing?" he stopped and asked.

"Do you know where Charlie's camera is?" she asked.

"Ya, I sold it" said Robbie.

"What!" yelled Rosie getting up and walking to him.

"Why?" she asked upset.

"We needed the money, and he isn't going to be using" said Robbie.

Tears came to Rosie's eyes. Or only source of evidence gone.

"How could you" she said pushing past him.

"Rosie stop" said Robbie grabbing her.

"No!" she yelled and pulled away.

Robbie stood there watching furious.

Rosie ran to the field of flowers, sat below the tree and cried. What was she suppose to do now. She wished Charlie was here so desperetly. She pulled out the picture Charlie left. She examined it closely. She then noticed a pin on the girls shirt. It was a pin to a small pub in town. She composed herself got up and decided to go there. She snuck through the woods into town. She found the pub and stood outside, she couldn't go in she wasn't old enough. She hid behind some crates on the side of building, but was still able to see the front door. She waited a long time, just waiting and hoping the girl would come. It was getting later and then finally the girl did, she came to the pub dressed for worked there. She no knew where the girl worked. Rosie assumed she worked late, so she had to come back another day. She felt satisfied that she now knew this information. Rosie also knew she was going to get in big trouble when she got home, but knew this was going to happen a lot now. She soon made her way home. She opened the front door and was greated by her mother.

"Rosie!" Where have you been?" asked Annabeth angry.

"I am sorry mother I got mad" said Rosie.

"That is no excuse to runaway" said Annabeth.

"Robbie sold Charlie's camera!" yelled Rosie, "How could he do that, its not his!"

"Rosie, you lower your voice" said Annabeth.

Robbie walked in.

"Robert what is all this about?" asked Annabeth.

"Father told me, to sell what I could, to get some money, that this family needs" said Robbie.

"I told you and your father that Rosie was not suppose to know about this problem" said Annabeth.

"Well she does now" said Robbie.

"I do not know what has happened to this family, but I do not like it all!" yelled Annnabeth.

"It's never going to be same!" yelled Rosie, "No one cares, they only who did was Charlie!"

She ran away. Robbie was silent and so was Annabeth. Robbie walked off.

"Robert" said Annabeth, "You need to change how you are acting. You are the oldest and need to set a good example."

"Yes mam" said Robbie and walked away.

Later Robbie walked in to Rosie's room.

"Look Rosie I am sorry I sold his camera. I did not know how much it meant to you. But you do understand how we are in a bad spot right now and we need this family to stay together."

"Stay together? Charlie isn't here how are we suppose to stay together? You certainly aren't doing your best in this family.

"I am trying my best, but you sure don't make it easy. I know you want Charlie back, but we can't get him back right now. I want him home to. "

"That is the biggest lie I ever heard. Your the one who believes he did!"

"Rosie I am just facing the facts!"

"Facts! There are none. There was no evidence! You sold all the possible evidence there was!"

"So thats what all this is about. You think your can prove his innocence?"

"It is none of your business!"

"Your going to get yourself in a lot of trouble kid. You let me know when you want my help."

Thanks, but no thanks. Your never cared before, so why should I trust you now?"

Robbie looked at her then said nothing and walked out the door.

Downstairs, Robbie was stopped by his mother.

"How did it go?"

"I tried. She is stubborn"

"Did you at least get an idea of what's wrong?"

"Besides from the obvious, that she misses Charlie. No nothing"

Robbie decided not to tell his mother about. Rosie trying to prove Charlie's innocence.