Chapter 12: The Film

The letter to Charlie was finished the next day. She thought about telling him about the rock, but that would only upset him and she didnt want that. The letter said this no puzzle, riddle, or poem this time.

Dear Charlie,

I don't want you to worry, because dad is figuring it out, but he left town to another town to find job. No one would hire him here and Mr. Mallory fired him. He wouldnt let Robbie go, dad wanted him here to protect us. We fired the help to, because we couldn't afford it, which means more chores for me and less time doing OTHER THINGS. I hope that I and everyone else will figure IT out soon and then things will be back to the way they were. I miss you so much. Robbie has been trying more. SOMEONE told me this that he has been saying that he believes you did it, because the pain of knowing that your are in jail for something you didnt do is to hard to bare.. Will is fine to, he is the same. The understanding and logical one. Mom has been okay I know she misses you deaply. Dad left yesterday and things have been okay without him, Robbie is trying to keep everything together.

I love you,

Rosie

She was debating whether to include a poem about breaking in, but that might make him upset. He might stop helping her with this. She put a stamp on the envelope and headed outside to the mailbox. She put it in the mailbox and started to walk back down the driveway. Robbie then came running out.

"Where did you go?" he asked worried.

"To the mailbox" answered Rosie.

"Rosie, do you not remember what happened last night? You can't wonder off by yourself its to dangerous" said Robbie.

"Of course I remember what happened last night! who doesn't a rock with the words on it was thrown through our window and almost hit me. Who would not remember that!" she yelled back.

"Rosie please don't yell I am sorry I got upset" said Robbie, "I just want anything to happen."

"Another murder?" questioned Rosie.

"No that is not going to happen again" said Rodger.

"Well Will made me realize that, if Charlie really didn't murder Jane, then there is a killer out there" said Rosie.

"He did?" asked Robbie.

"Ya but it doesn't matter I knew that I just never wanted to admit it" said Rosie.

She calmed down a little.

"Well that is the reason why you need to be careful" said Robbie.

"I know, I'm sorry" said Rosie.

She hugged him. Robbie shocked hugged her back. She ran to the house. Robbie watched her. Rosie actually listened to him and hugged him, what happened?

Rosie thought about her conversation with Robbie. First of all she just listened to him and hugged him, she was shocked herself. Second she realized for the first time, she said "if Charlie didn't murder Jane", she couldn't believe she said it, or knew why she did.

Saturday soon came and Rosie knew she had to go talk to Fiona. She was a little scared about leaving after all that happened and after her talk with Robbie. She had to make sure she would not be caught, but he was keeping and extra eye on her. She left anyways when he and everyone else was busy doing work. She soon got to the creek and tree. Fiona was there waiting.

"Well I never heard about a break in, so I assumed you got in and out undected" said Fiona.

"Not exactly" said Rosie, "I got the film, but heard someone come home, so I hid in the closet. Ronan found me and I tried to run, but he caught me. After talking he let me go and said he wouldn't tell anyone, but I think he knows that I am investigating."

"Are you okay?" asked Fiona.

"Yes, I was a pretty shaken up at first and thought about giving up, but I am better now" said Rosie.

"You got the film?"

"Yes I did, but I do not know anyone else, besides Charlie that knows how to develope film?"

"I can" said Fiona.

"You can?"

"Ya I am into photography to"

"So you can develope it?"

"Yes, do you have it?"

"Ya right here" said Rosie getting it out and handing it to her.

"I can get it done today and I will leave it here tomorrow, you can come get it" said Fiona.

"Thanks" said Rosie.

"I heard about the other night with the rock" said Fiona

"I was in the living room and looked up to see the man. Robbie grabbed me just in time. The rock said the word MURDERER on them in red" said Rosie.

"Is everyone ok?" asked Fiona.

"Yes, but we have no money to fix the window, its just wood right now" said Rosie, "My dad left to, to another town, because no would hire him and Mr. Mallory fired him."

"I'm sorry, is there anything I can do to help?"

"No you don't need to do anything, we will be ok. I also haven't told Charlie about me breaking in or the rock, I just don't want him to worry or be upset. I need to go, Robbie has been actual worried and will probably realize I am gone."

"Ok, well do be careful and I will leave the pictures here for you tomorrow" said Fiona.

Rosie was about to get up, when they heard a crack of a stick. They both turned to look, but saw nothing.

"What was that?" asked Rosie.

"Probably just a squirrel don't worry about" said Fiona, "Hurry up, but take the roads home."

"Alright thank you" said Rosie getting up and running away. She out of town and was an on the road home, she was about to break off into the woods, to make it seem like she came from the field when some grabbed her. She screamed.

"Rosie! Where the did you go!" yelled Robbie. She was busted.

He put her down and didn't even give her a chance to explain herself.

"Do you not remember our conversation from the other day or did you just ignore everything I said! I thought we were understanding each other!" He yelled.

"Just let me explain!" yelled Rosie.

"No! there is no good reason! I thought things we're changing with you and I guess not"

"Can I just explain!"

"No get to the house!"

"Maybe you are right, I thought you started to listen to me"

Rosie ran off. Robbie was furious and walked home.

Rosie was in the kitchen, Robbie came in.

"What are you doing? Go to your room" said Robbie.

"Robert" said Annabeth.

"She didn't tell your about her adventure into town? I caught her coming back. I just told her about going places by herself and how dangerous it was, but apparently she doesn't listen."

"Rosie is that true?" asked Annabeth.

"Yes but he wouldn't even let me explain!"

"It doesn't matter explanation you disobeyed him. Now do what he said, go to your room" Annabeth was furious now to.

Rosie got up.

"No ever listens to me! I wish Charlie was here, he would listen!"

"If he was here we would not be having this problem!" yelled Robbie.

"That's enough Robert. Rosie go" said Annabeth.

Rosie ran to her room. She laid down on her bed. She wasn't crying, she was just angry. She then saw a letter from Charlie on her bed. She opened it.