Chapter 2: Accused

The next day came it was early morning, Charlie just woke up and had almost forgotten about the past days events.He barely slept, preparing himself to go to jail and leave behind his family. He soon remembered though, breakfest was eaten in silence until Rosie broke it.

"Charlie, are you going to jail?" asked Rosie quietly.

Everyone was silent, Charlie gave her a sadden look, he didn't want to answer it.

"Now is not the time for questions, you have school work to attend to Rosie" said Annabeth.

"Yes mam" said Rosie getting up and leaving.

"William I believe you have school work as well" said Annabeth sternly.

"Yes mother" said William getting up and leaving.

There was then a knock at the door. Rodger got up and answered it, it was the police.

"Good morning Mr. Peddleton" said the one officer.

"Does not seem to be good one to me" said Rodger rudely.

The officers fell silent.

"We are here for Charles" said the officer.

Robbie came up behind him.

"On what accounts, and what evidence?" asked Robbie.

"Robert" said Rodger.

"He have ample evidence" said the officer.

"What evidence will that be?" asked Rodger.

"We are not in liberty to discuse, will you have him come, or must we enter?" said the officer.

"I am his father I have the right to know on what accounts!" yelled Rodger.

By this time Annabeth came to.

"Mr. Peddleton! You hand him over or we will charge you with interfering with our investigation!" yelled the officer.

Mr. Peddleton fell silent.

Charlie then walked up.

"I am deeply sorry" said Charlie as he walked out the door.

"Charlie!" yelled Rodger, "Come back here!"

"I will figure it out, I'm sorry" said Charlie as he put into hand cuffs. 

Now William was standing there. Rosie then ran out, no one could stop her.

"Charlie!" she yelled.

Charlie turned around. Rosie hugged him.

"You cannot go!" she said crying.

"Please can I just say goodbye?" asked Charlie to the officer.

They took the cuffs. Charlie picked her up and hugged her.

"I'm sorry. It is going to be okay, I will fix this, but I need you to be brave" said Charlie.

Rosie shook her head yes.

 "I love you" said Charlie.

"I love you to" said Rosie. T

The officer then took Charlie, as he put her down. She wouldn't let her go.

"No!" she yelled.

Robbie ran over and pulled her away. As she was screaming. Charlie was put in the car and taken away. They all watched knowing there was nothing they could do.