Chapter 8: Getting the Camera

Rosie sprinted home. She went through the town most of the way until she cut through the woods to get to the field. She ran down the field to the house, but was stopped at the door by Robbie.

"Where were you?" asked Robbie.

"In the field" she answered.

"Don't lie to me. Your all put breathe"

"That's because I just ran the whole way done here"

"Ya why were you running?"

"Why do you care?"

"I don't know why you believe I don't care about you. Your my sister I have and always will care about you."

"Maybe because you never show it. All do is yell and make of me"

"Maybe I just don't understand" said Robbie.

"I have tried to get you to understand, so has Charlie you never listen."

"I want to change things"

"If your want to change things. Then answer this who did you sell the camera to?"

"Ronan McCann" answered Robbie.

Rosie walked away. She went to her room and cried. She didn't know why she was pushing her brothat away. He was finally coming around. She had to though, he couldn't find out about Fiona or anything she was doing. Rosie had to keep him and everyone else away for now.

She now had to think of away to get the camera back. She got out her notebook and wrote down a list of what she needed to do.

List....

1. Find the girl

2. Get the camera back

3. Find the case file

4. Start with suspects (everyone is a suspect)

5. Gather anymore evidence

6......

Rosie then thought of a plan to get the camera back. She thought about stealing, but if she got caught, everything would be over. That would be a last resort. She could by it back. She had twenty dollars saved up. Would Ronan sell it back? She thought. Probably if she told him how much it meant to her. That was the plan then to buy it back. She knew where Ronan lived, she just had to get there. She was almost caught by by Robbie and didn't want to ask him, he would ask to many questions. She then thought about Will. He would help her. She ran his room

"Will can you take me to town?" asked Rosie.

"Why?" he asked.

"Because I know who Robbie sold the camera to and I want to buy it back".

"Why is so important for you to have the camera?"

"Because it is Charlie's and I want here when he comes home

Robbie should have never sold it, It wasn't his to sell."

"Fine, who are we going to?"

"Ronan McCann"

"Alright let's go"

"Don't tell anyone what we are doing, they wouldn't let me do it"

They made their way downstairs.

"Mom I'm going into to town to meet a friend. Rosie is coming with meme, is that ok?" asked Will.

"Yes that is fine just be home by dinner" said Annabeth.

Rosie and Will left.

"Your lucky I'm such a good lier" said Will.

"Thanks" said Rosie hugging him. He hugged her back.

They soon made their way into town.

"Look there is Ronan go talk to him" said Will.

"Are your coming?" asked Rosie.

"No, James is over there. You want it you do it yourself"

Rosie gave him a look. He walked away. Rosie took a deep breathe and walked toward him. He was with a group of friends.

"Ronan?" she asked.

"Yes, May I help you?" he said.

"Um a few days ago my brother Robbie sold your my brother Charlie's camera

and I was wondering if I could by it back?" She asked shyly.

Everyone was watching her.

"How much do you have?" he asked.

"Only 20 dollars" she said.

He laughed a little "Not for that much"

"Please, it means a lot to me. It's the only thing that I would have to remember him by. I miss him a lot and it would mean everything to me" said Rosie with tears in her eyes.

Now everyone looked sad. Ronan was quiet for awhile.

"Fine, follow me" said Ronan.

Rosie got a smile on her face.

"Thank you" said Rosie.

"uh huh" said Ronan.

She followed him to his house, but waited outside. He soon came out with the camera

Rosie got out her money. He put his hand up.

"Keep it" said Ronan handing her the camera.

"Thanks" said Rosie put her money away. She then ran off. She found Will.

"Hey you got it"

"Ya and he didn't make me pay"

"You look like you were crying"

"Because I was, let's go home now"

They made their way back home. Rosie ran to her room to hide the camera for now. Before hiding it she opened it. There was no film. This made her curious, where did it go?

She put it in her dresser and went to find Robbie.

"Robbie did your take the film out before selling the camera?" asked Rosie.

"Wait, you got the camera back?"

"Yes I bought it back"

"Well I'm glad"

Rosie was shocked for a second.

"No. I didn't know there was film in it" said Robbie, "Maybe Charlie did"

"Ya maybe" said Rosie, though she wasn't convinced.

She returned to her room. There was no way Charlie took the film out. It is a vital clue, he would have told her so. Maybe Ronan did, but why? Maybe he was involved and didn't want anyone be to see what was on the film. Rosie wrote him down as a suspect and her theory. She needed to find that film. First though She needed to tell Charlie that she found Fiona and the camera. But how? She decided to take a picture of the pub. That would tell him, she found Fiona and the camera. So thats what she did.