Chapter 10: The Breakin

Rosie had it all planned, after as school She would break in into Ronan's house. She had no idea where the film was but she had to make sure did not disturb anything. She was walking home from school through town, but then ducked passed a building to the woods and came back around to Ronans house. She stopped at the back door, she could not believe she was a doing this. She was scared.

Rosie then opened the door and walked in. She was shaking all over and could not move. She calmed herself and told herself that it was all for Charlie. She started to look around. She searched high and low, trying not to disturb anything. Any sound made her jump. She searched the dusty bookshelves, cabinets and everywhere. She got to a closet and opened, there on the shelf was the film. Rosie got so excited as she took it in her hands. Finally she may have some evidence. But all the excitement was gone, when she heard the front door open. Her heart sank and fear took over her body. She flicked off the light and sat in the corner scared to death. She heard the steps in the living room, they then made their way passed her. She wondered if it was Bethany or Ronan. After listening to the steps, she assumed it to be Ronan. She was so scared, how was she going to get out? She knew she was going to be caught. What would her parents do? What is Ronan going to do? Rosie believed he had something to do with murder, she could only image what he might do. Just then the footsteps got closer and closer. Rosie was in panic mode. She was sitting against the shelf in darkness. Her heart was going extremely fast. She needed a plan fast. The only one she could come up with was, if he opened the door, run past him before he could understand what was going on, after just run. Also she had to try and hide her face. The foot steps then stopped outside the door. Rosie was petrified. The door opened and he flicked on the light. Rosie got up and ran past him.

"Hey!" he yelled.

He ran after her, before she could get to the door he grabbed her around the waist. Rosie started to kick.

"Let me go, please don't hurt me!" said Rosie.

"I'm not going to hurt you, I just want to know why your here. And calm down or I'm not letting you go" said Ronan.

Rosie stopped. He put her down.

"Rosie?" questioned Ronan shocked.

Rosie said nothing. She was still shaking and was still terrified.

"What? Why?" asked Ronan.

"I just wanted the film from the camera.I'm sorry" said Rosie.

"Why didn't you just ask me instead of breaking into my house."

"I was afraid that.....that.....that.."

"That I had something to do with the murder?"

"Ya"

"Well I don't I didn't even know that the film was here."

"I'm so sorry"

"I understand how you would you think that, I'm not going to tell anyone about this. But you need not to break in to anymore houses. Now get out of here, and get home."

"Thank you" said Rosie relieved.

"Your welcome, now scat, but be careful with you investigation" said Ronan as Rosie ran out.

Rosie ran all the way home. A little relieved, but terrified all the same.

She had the film, which was fantastic, but she needs it developed by someone and Ronan now knows about what she is doing, but not all of it. She had to keep an eye on him. He said he wasn't going to tell but she was still worried. She wasn't completely sure he wasn't involved yet, she was keeping as a possible subject for now.