Chapter 15: Plan B

Considering the fact that Rosie didn't see anyone with the boots. She decided to think of a New plan, but still decided to keep an eye out on her walks home from school. What was she going to do, she couldn't break into every house in town to see if anyone owned the boots. She then thought about what Charlie would say. He would say "think outside the box, Don't think about the obvious solutions." Think outside the box, think outside the box, said Rosie over and over again in her head as she laid in the outside, just before dark. That's when it came to her. Mr. Bates shoe store. Everyone in town bought the things they needed locally in town, It was just something everyone did. Rosie thought maybe if she went there, looked around and asked a few questions, she could come up with something. But what was going to be her cover story? Will' s birthday was coming up, she could say she was looking for a gift. She could do it after school on her walk home, Will wouldn't bother her she would just say she was going to buy him a gift. Rosie then heard her name being called.

"Rosie it's time to come in, you are going to catch a cold!" Annabeth yelled from the porch. Rosie got up and headed inside, she couldn't wait to put her plan to action.

The next day soon came and Rosie was so excited. At school she could hardly contain herself. She thought this plan was a good solid one and believed after today she would have a solid suspect. When school ended Rosie and Will headed home.

"I have to go get something and you can't come" said Rosie.

"What do you have to get" said Will with a smile, knowing what she was doing.

"I can't tell you" said Rosie.

"Well I'm not waiting around I will meet you at home" said Will he headed off.

Yes! thought Rosie, he buyed it. She headed to Mr. Bates store.

"Hello there may I help you?" asked Mr. Bates.

"Yes" said Rosie, "I looking for a gift for my brothers birthday and he has been saying he wants a new pair of shoes."

"Well you have come to the right place" said Mr. Bates, "May I help you find something?"

"No thank you, I think I just might look around first" said Rosie.

"Ok let me know if you need anything" said Mr. Bates.

Rosie started to look around, she saw the boots, but didn't immdiately run to them. It took everything she had not to. She walked around the store and eventually came to them in stopped and looked at them.

"Those are very nice boots, but I think they might be a little to much for" said Mr. Bates coming up next to her.

"Well how much are they?" she asked.

"Two hundred" said Mr. Bates.

"Wow your right to much, who in town can afford those?" said Rosie asking the critical question.

"Well only one person has ever bought them, Mr. Mallory" said Mr. Bates.

Rosie's heart sank, she couldn't comphrehend what he just said. MR. MALLORY! how? she was in total shock. She had to keep calm though.

"Well I think I may think about what I should get him and come back" said Rosie, "but thank you for your time."

"Your welcome dear" said Mr. Bates.

Rosie left, Mr. Bates watched her curiously. 

Rosie started to sprint home, but then realized she actually needed a gift, if she was going to have a cover story. She wented into the small book store, and looked around a little. Meanwhile Will got home.