Chapter 9: Next Saturday

Next Saturday soon came and Rosie couldn't wait. Once again she had to sneak out. She did sneak out, before heading in to town, she stopped at the field to get everything. She had already mailed the photo to Charlie, she hoped he understood it, he hadn't not sent a letter back yet. Rosie walked through the woods and soon got to the meeting spot. Fiona kept to her word, she was there waiting.

"Get out undetected?" asked Fiona.

"I think so, I have some good and bad news" said Rosie, "I got the camera pretty easily, but the film was gone. I asked Robbie if he took it, he said no. I doubt Charlie did anything he would have told me."

"So some took it" said Fiona.

"Ya Ronan McCann bought the camera, so I was thinking maybe he took it out, that or Robbie is lying" said Rosie.

"I'm getting the idea that your and Robbie aren't close like you are with Charlie?"

"He was just never really nice, well sometimes he was, but he never understood Charlie and I. In the beginning of all these he was really mean. He says he wants to understand now, but I can't let him. I can't risk him finding out."

"Couldn't he help?"

"No, he would stop it immediately. He would say it's to dangerous

He thinks Charlie did it."

"He does or is he just saying that because he knows Charlie is in jail for something he didn't do and it hurts to much for him to say it?"

Rosie was silent, she never thought about it like that before. Maybe Fiona was to right.

Rosie shrugged.

"I was thinking that I may need to break in to the house" said Rosie.

"Rosie no, that is crossing the line" said Fiona.

"What am I suppose to do, I searched my house top and bottom. It's clearly not here. I have done some spying and observing. Ronan lives with his sister his parents left them. Rosie took out her notebook.

"Look" said Rosie showing Fiona.

"Ronan leaves for work at 8 and his sister Bethany leaves at 9 and they both don't get home till four it's ample time. I also know that they don't lock the back door. Because there is no crime around here, besides the murder."

"Rosie it's crazy" said Fiona, "If you get caught what do you think is going to happen?"

"I won't get caught" said Rosie.

" I don't like this, Rosie but I can't stop you" said Fiona.

"I have to go, but I plan on doing it Tuesday after school" said Rosie.

"Please be careful" said Fiona.

"I will" said Rosie with a smile, "thanks"'.

Rosie ran home. When she got home, Her father had a letter for Her.

"There is a letter here for you from Charlie" said Rodger.

Rosie took it, but it was open.

"Did you read it?"asked Rosie.

"Yes, it is some kinda poem I don't understand" answered Rodger.

"Why?" Rosie was upset.

"Lower your voice and change you attitude. I have the right to" said Rodger.

"It's actually a crime" said Rosie.

That's when Rodger got angry.

"Go to your room now!" he yelled.

Rosie ran off to her room. She read the poem.

A place that reminds me of home

A place to go on a date

A place to sneak to through the woods

A place where I got my first job

Till I decided it was time to capture life

with a light tight box

I shall always love you Rosie

Be careful

Charlie

So he did understand what the photo meant. Rosie didn't want to tell him about the film. She didn't want to let him down. She wanted to keep his spirits up.