Chapter 7: The Girl

Rosie knew she had to find this girl again. She assumed she held the night shift, but was not sure what time she would be done. Rosie decided to pretend to go to sleep, wait till her mom came in to say good night then sneak down the trellis outside her window. She knew that if her parents found out. She would be in major trouble, but she decided it was all worth it.

The night soon came. Rosie put her plan into action. She still wasn't sure how she was going to approach the girl, She didn't even know her name. The family was just finishing up dinner.

"I think I might go to bed or at least go read for awhile I am tired" said Rosie.

"Alright well good night dear" said Annabeth.

"Good night sweetly" said Rodger giving her a hug.

Rosie left. She hated that she was lying to her parents like this, but she really wasn't she was going to go to bed she was just not staying there. She also hoped that Robbie or Will noticed or questioned her.

She got in bed with clothes on not her pajamas. She covered her self up, so her mom wouldn't notice. Her mom soon came in. Rosie opened a book. Annabeth sat on the bed next to her and kissed her forehead.

"Good night dear. I love you" said Annabeth.

"Good night mom. I love you to" said Rosie.

They hugged and then Annabeth left. Rosie waited a good 20 minutes before getting up. She grabbed her backpack and opened the window slowly. She climbed out onto the trellis slowly climbed down.Once down she peaked through the window. She saw Will and Robbie in the living room. She didn't see anyone else. She took off for the field. She wanted to grab the picture and letter for proof just in case she needed it. She got the stuff, but before taking off she said to herself.

"I hope this is all worth it Charlie"

She was feeling bad about sneaking out, but told herself it was to bring Charlie home. She then took off. She got into town. It was dead silent during the dark late nights. She waited outside hiding behind a fruit stand. Hours passed and she was actually surprised that no one was looking for her, but maybe they were and she just didn't know it yet. Eventually the girl came out. Rosie let her get a little ahead before following her. They got to a street of houses on the other side of town. The girl then stopped Rosie hid behind a large tree.

The girl turned around.

"Who's there?"

Rosie gulped. It was a horrible idea to fallow someone at night. Rosie was practically stocking her. Rosie said nothing, but watched as the girl took out a key and unlocked a door to one of the houses. She looked scared and was shaking as she unlocked the door. Rosie now felt bad. She got up and headed back home hoping she wasn't going to get caught. She got back home and made her way up the trellis. The window was now shut and locked.

"Oh no!"

She climbed back down. It was late but her mom was up reading in the living room. Robbie was there to. She assumed her father and Will went to bed. There were many doors and windows. She could try, and four sets of stairs she could try and sneak back up. She didn't know where the maid was , she was always up late working. Rosie went to the back door first it wasn't locked. She peaked through the window. The kitchen was dark. She snuck in. She hears foot steps and threw herself on the stairs. It was her mom. Then she heard someone at the stop of the stairs. She was trapped. But then her mom peaked down the basement stairs. There was a light left on. She went down to turn it off. Rosie ran out. Will had come down the stairs. Rosie made her way for the other stairs. Robbie was still in the living room. His back was turned away from the stairs. Rosie watched him as she crept up the stairs. She made her way to her room threw on her pajamas quickly and jumped into bed. She was breathing heavy after bring so nervous. She was happy she had found out where the girl lived.