Chapter 3: No Evidence, Just Money

There really was no ample evidence, the only evidence, was that Charlie was in the woods and found the body of Jane. They never looked at his camera, never questioned him or anyone else, never looked for anyone else. Everyone knew that Mr. Mallory paid for Charlie to be arrested, Mr. Peddleton did everything he could to get Charlie out, but there was nothing he could do. Robbie became her angry, and started to believe Charlie did do it. Annabeth tried to forget it all, and never talked about. Rosie became very quiet and kept to herself. William was himself and didn't really change.

It was two months later, Charlie was accused and never coming out, everyone knew it. Rosie though refused to believe it. She was walking to mailbox, she checked everyday for a letter from Charlie, but none ever came. She opened in and found a letter, a letter from Charlie. She ran back home and to her room. She flopped down on the bed and opened it.

My dearest little sister Rosie,

I am deeply sorry that I have yet to write to you, but it was so hard to know what to tell you. I want to tell you that I will get out and come home, but that is not the case. I am sorry that I put you through this, I would do anything to change it. I love so much. Remember I told you that I needed you to be brave, well right now I need you to be more than ever, I need you help. Her is a poem that I wrote for you.

That FIELD of flowers so beautiful in spring

That tree with the swing, that you fly so high

You almost touch the beautiful sky

As you walk on that old stone WALL

A little yellow FLOWER that sticks out so tall

You stop to so smell it, but never shall you take it

Your creative mind draws a beautiful PHOTOGRAPH

As I snap a picture of you mind at work

One day I know you and I will be there again

In that beautiful field of flowers.

 Your Loving Brother, Charlie

Rosie was ready to cry, she loved his poems and missed all the puzzles that he would tell her, and how it sometimes take for days to figure them out. Then something sparked in her mind as she looked down at the letter. Why were some words capitlized that should not be? She looked and thought about. She then took her journal and wrote down the words; Field, Wall, Flower, Photograph. She pondered it and pondered it and couldn't figure it out. She knew it was another one of this puzzles. Robbie then came in.

"Time for supper" said Robbie.

"Robbie I got a letter from Charlie!" said Rosie excitedly.

"It only took two months" said Robbie.

Rosie gave him a look then walked away. Rosie thought that since Charlie was gone, Robbie would be nicer and take over Charlie's role, but he didn't he was only worse.

They ate supper.

"What was the letter about?" asked Rodger.

"He apologized and told me he was not coming home" said Roise, "But I already knew that"

"Let's talk about something else" said Annabeth.

"Annabeth, we cannot avoid the subject, he is our son" said Rodger.

"It is only hurting this family" said  Annabeth.

They continued arguing, Rosie got up and ranaway. Robbie grabbed her by the arm.

"Sit down" said Robbie.

"Shut up, your not in charge of me!" she yelled.

Robbie let her go.

"Why do you have to be such a jerk all the time" said Will.

"Will, I'm trying to be how everyone else should be" said Robbie.

"What? That makes no sense, Charlie was accused of something he did not do!" said Will.

"How do we know?" asked Robbie.

"So you think he did it?" asked Will.

"Yes" said Robbie.

"Your a sorry excuse for a brother" said Will walking away.

Upstairs, Rosie grabbed her notebook and her backpack and walked out the door.

"Where are you going?" asked Will.

"For a walk" said Rosie, she left down the stairs. Robbie was there.

He said nothing to her. Rosie ran to field and sat down on the wall. She opened her journal and pondered the words and letter.

"Field, Wall, Flower, Photograph" said Rosie over and over. She then thought of it. She got up and walk to where the little yellow flower was, She looked at the stones and then realized it. She took stone and pulled it out, there was a wooden box. She took it out and opened inside was a letter on top.

Rosie,

I knew you would figure it out. I told you I needed your help. I left things behind that should help you, get me out. I cannot believe I'm leaving this up to you, but I know your the only one who could do it. Your smart and I know you believe me. That girl in the picture can help you, I can't tell you her name in this letter, its to big of a risk. To communicate I shall send you letters and poems, as you already figure out the important words will be all captilized. To give me information, draw me pictures of it or take pictures of it. I know I am leaving you with a lot, but I know you can do it my dear. I love you and shall always love you know matter what happens.

Your loving brother 

Charlie,

P.S. Don't tell anyone

 Rosie closed the letter, she was in shock. She knew her brother was smart, but not this smart.  How did he get this box and letter here, in the time he had before he was taken? She didn't know this answer, but knew she had to prove her brother's inicence. She then looked through the photographs, there were four all picture of the girl. Rosie knew it was his secret lover. He was always sneaking out to the woods, and told he she could not come. That is actually what happened the day Jane died. Charlie told he she could not come with him, because he needed to be alone to think, her pencils really wasn't broken she broke it while no one was looking. She knew she had to lie, because that would only raise more eyes and convince people more that Charlie had murdered Jane. She looked at the pictures over and over again, trying to take in every detail, to try and figure out who this girl is. She then heard her name being called, by her brother Robbie.

"Rosie!" he yelled.

She hurried up and put the pictures and letters back, deciding not to risk her family finding them, she put the box back and moved the stone back. She got up and started to walk away, just as Robbie came.

"What are you doing?" he asked.

"Drawing" said Rosie.

"You do not run off, with out telling someone where you go" said Robbie.

"Why? You afraid that I will murder some to, just like you think Charlie did" said Rosie with a snear.

"Thats my business" said Robbie.

"You think I do not hear you talking about it, how can you accuse your own brother of such a crime?" said Rosie.

"Its my business Rosie" said Robbie angry.

"Fine your business is your business and my business is my business, so leave me alone" said Rosie running home.

Robbie was angry.