Chapter 16: The Follower

Rosie woke up the next morning, which is when the past days events came back to her. The first thing she remembered was the encounter and the fight, which made her shove 

She then remembered why she town in the first place, she had found out, who the boots belonged to, Mr. Mallory it was Saturday and she needed to meet Fiona and tell her, but hown would she leave. Number one she didn't want to leave and numbered two there was no way she was going to get out. She decided to give up hope on it and write Charlie a letter.

Dear Charlie,

After I gave mom the letter, our family changed. There is no more fighting or hatred among us. I didn't want to tell you this, because I didn't want you to worry, but you have the right to know. 

Of course Robbie has taken care of it, but a few weeks ago a rock was thrown through our window. Robbie caught the guy and knocked him out. The police arrested him and everything has been fine since. We have been more careful, I'm not allowed out of the house, with out some one, which makes it hard to do certain things. I wrote you another riddle.

It goes on a set of two

Strings hold them together

Two bunny ears hold them to your set of two

Can you guess what they are?

Every DAD has these to do muddy work or a WALK in the WOODS

There is a set of ten inside

I love you 

Rosie

She sealed the envelope just as she heard her name being called.

"Rosie!" yelled Annabeth.

"Coming!" yelled Rosie.

She ran downstairs to the kitchen.

"If you give me a list I will go into town and get the food we need" said Robbie.

"Alright, just be careful" said Annabeth making a list.

"Robbie can you take this to the mailbox on your way out?"asked Rosie handing him the letter.

"Sure" said Robbie taking it from her.

"Here you go, be careful and be a quick as you can" said Annabeth.

"I will" said Robbie leaving.

"What are you two going to do?" asked Annabeth to Rosie and Will.

"I have a lot of homework to be done, so I will be upstairs" said Will getting up.

"What about you?" asked Annabeth to Rosie.

"Um... I think I might do some reading" said Rosie.

"Well it was a rough day yesterday, I think I might go take nap 

"I will be upstairs if you need me" said Annabeth.

"Ok" said Rosie, she went to the living room, sat down on the couch and began to read. She soons shut the book. What was she doing? This was her chance to get out. Wait! No she couldn't leave and she didn't want to. 

"You have to go, you have to do it for Charlie, and this may be your only chance for awhile" said Rosie to herself.

She got up slipped on her boots and jacket quietly, and got her backpack and slipped out the door. She headed to the field and then stopped at the edge of the woods. This was a bad decision, the woods in the worse place she could go, but she couldn't take the road and risk Robbie seeing her. She took a deep breathe and started to head into the woods. Before long she got to the meeting spot, Fiona was there waiting like always.