Chapter 19: What Really Happened The Day Jane Mallory was Murdered

They headed out. Back at the house. Everyone was really upset and worried to death. Robbie sneaked in. Ronan waited end the end of the driveway.

"Will" said Robbie getting his attention. Robbie motioned for him to come. They stepped outside.

"Will listen to me, We know where Rosie, me and Ronan. Its to hard to explain now. But she was investigating the murder and trying to prove Charlie's innocence. She got real far and had evidence to accuse Mr. Mallory. That evidence is either in the field somewhere or with her. I need you to look for it. You can't tell anyone about any of this, got it?" said Robbie.

"Ya, ya I got" said Will not knowing really what to say.

"Listen, in twenty minutes, whether you find it or not meet us at Hemlock Street" said Robbie.

"What then?" asked Will.

"I will let you know then, because I'm not sure either" said Robbie, "Go and don't tell anyone!"

Will ran off and so did Robbie back to Ronan.

"Alright lets go" said Robbie.

"Where?" asked Ronan.

"To Mr. Mallory's work" said Robbie.

They headed off.

"So what the plan?" asked Ronan.

"I'm not real sure yet, we first have to find Rosie" said Robbie, "Will is going to meet us at Hemlock Street in twenty minutes."

They soon arrived at the building.

"All the doors will be locked" said Ronan.

"Not if someone is in there" said Robbie.

They looked around, and came to the back, they heard voice and ducked down. They gave each other a look. Robbie peaked his head up, he saw Rosie tied to a chair, with Fiona and Mr. Mallory there arguing. Robbie came back down.

"She is there" said Robbie motioning him to follow. They headed back to the front.

"What door would be open?" asked Robbie.

"The back probably" said Ronan.

"Alright, we need to go see Will" said Robbie.

"What about Rosie" said Ronan.

"She knows to much, they won't kill her, until she spills everything" said Robbie.

"I hope your right" said Ronan.

They headed to Hemlock Street. They waited a few minutes before Will came running with a backpack.

"I guess you found it" said Robbie.

"Ya, there is a lot of stuff, letters from Charlie, photographs, notes, and a bank sheet" said Will.

"Alright here is the plan, we sneak and get Rosie, Will I need you to go back to house, when you get there tell them you know were Rosie is, get them to come to Mr. Mallory's building. Bring the evidence, but don't tell anyone what it is or anything about it. If they ask how you know, tell them I said so" said Robbie.

"Alright" said Will, "You make like these" he pulled out to pistols.

"Nice job Will" said Robbie, "Now go, that gives us ten minutes"

Will ran off and Robbie and Ronan headed back to where Rosie was. They got to the back door it was open.

"Alright here is the plan, we sneak up on them" said Robbie.

"Thats your plan? What if they see us, Rosie is dead" said Ronan.

"We get Rosie to see us first" said Robbie.

"This is a sketchy plan" said Ronan.

"You have a better one?" asked Robbie.

"No, but we need more time" said Ronan.

"We don't have more time" said Robbie, "You lead, you know the way."

Ronan went in first, they slowly snuck in.

Meanwhile back at the house. Will ran in completely out of breathe.

"William where have you been and where is you brother?" asked Rodger.

"No time to explain, I know where Rosie is" said Will.

Everyone got silent. The police all looked.

"What?" asked Annabeth.

"I know where she is, Mr. Mallory's building" said Will.

"How do you know this son?" asked a cop.

"My brother Robbie said so and we need to go now!" said Will.

The cops got up and all headed to their cars.

Back at the building, Ronan and Robbie where close. They heard arguing.

"Why do we just shoot her and get it over with!" yelled Mr. Mallory.

"Because, she has all the evidence and we need to get rid of it" said Fiona.

 "Speak up kid" said Mr. Mallory.

"Never, how could you betray us like this Fiona, my brother trusted you, he was in love with you" said     Rosie.

"Shut up!" yelled Mr. Mallory  "And tell us"

"Sorry sweet heart, little kids are just so guible" said Fiona with a snicker. Rosie had tears in her eyes.

In love? thought Ronan and Robbie. They made their move. Robbie and Ronan snuck around. Rosie saw them and almost yelled. Robbie motioned for her to be quiet. They came up behind Mr. Mallory and Fiona. They put their guns to their heads.

"Drop the gun and don't move or your dead" said Robbie.

"Do it!" yelled Ronan.

Mr. Mallory dropped the gun. Fiona didn't move, just then. The cops came storming in the door. Ronan and Robbie dropped the guns.

"It was these two" said Robbie. 

The cops took them. Robbie went over and untied Rosie. Rosie jumped into his arms, they hugged.

"I'm sorry" said Rosie.

"No I'm sorry for never listening to you" said Robbie.

 They headed outside. To their parents and Will. Rosie ran to her mother and father they hugged.

"I'm so glad you are okay" said Annabeth hugging her.

"Dad" she said hugging him, "sorry for the bad welcome home gift"

"Its ok" said Rodger, "I'm just glad you are ok"

"Will bag" said Robbie, Will threw him the bag.

"All the evidence you need, even proof of Mr. Mallory paying you head detective" said Robbie, "Rosie can explain it all." Robbie smiled at her. Rosie came over and jumped in her brothers arms. They hugged.

"Your one smart kid" said Robbie.

Rosie smiled.

"Your not such a bad brother after all" said Rosie with a smile. Robbie laughed. They whole family  hugged.