ii. out with the old, in with the new.

・☆: *.☽ .* :☆ 【 PATIENCE 】
»»————- act one. ————-««
##CHAPTER TWO !

  ————-««##CHAPTER TWO !

‎ع˖⁺ ☁⋆ ୭ 🕊.⋆。⋆༶⋆˙⊹

" goodbye riley! "

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

       THE REST of the night was a complete blur for Hunter. All she could remember was getting back to the apartment complex and Carmen, Miguel's mom yelling at Johnny as Anita, Hunter's mom consoled Carmen. She also found out that Johnny Lawrence was Miguel's sensei, oddly enough. She couldn't even fathom the thought of Johnny teaching Miguel self-defense.

Monday at school was hard. Hunter and Riley hadn't talked since the dance on Friday and she was too nervous to even speak to her. She was worried about having to tell Riley why she skipped out so early and who she was with. Although it was a valid reason, Riley would still find a reason to start a fight and Hunter didn't wanna deal with that. So she kept her distance, hanging out with Aisha instead.

Students surrounded Aisha wherever she went, snorting at her and calling her a pig. Hunter tried to help drown out the comments around her but it was too much. Aisha was embarrassed and crushed.

"Don't listen to them." She whispered, rubbing the girl's back gently. Aisha nodded her head. The two walked towards the lockers, Aisha keeping her head down.

"Hey." Samantha, Aisha's old friend said softly. "How are you feeling?" She questioned. Hunter took a step back, letting the two girls talk. She didn't wanna intrude on a potential topic she knew nothing about.

"I've gone viral," Aisha said sarcastically. "How do you think I am?" She snapped. Hunter crossed her arms, looking up at Sam. How could she be so oblivious to what was around her?

Sam glanced at Hunter before looking back at Aisha. "Look, they're mean, but they have short memories." Sam said softly. "They'll forget."

"Yeah. well, I'm not gonna forget." Aisha slammed her locker shut as Sam's hopeful smile faltered.

Hunter shook her head disapprovingly. "You know, if you were a good friend you would have stuck up for Aisha." She said softly before leaving Sam to her lonesome.

Not too long after the Sam encounter Hunter had to go to study hall and leave Aisha. She bade farewell to her new friend and made her way towards the library. Hunter knew that Riley was gonna be there, along with Miguel and the other guys and the awkward tension was inevitable that this point.

When she arrived at the library, she made her way to the back and spotted the boys. Riley wasn't with them meaning she either skipped or hadn't shown up yet. Hunter sat next to Eli, grabbing the attention of the other boys. Miguel still had scratches and bruises on his face as well as a bandaid. He looked miserable.