xix. the calm before the storm

・☆: *.☽ .* :☆ 【PATIENCE 】
»»————-act two. ————-««
##CHAPTER NINTEEN !

 ————-««##CHAPTER NINTEEN !

‎ع˖⁺ ☁⋆ ୭ 🕊.⋆。⋆༶⋆˙⊹

" i have lots of tricks
up my sleeve, toots."

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

"BACK THRUST KICK WORKS
like this, you step, pivot, throw a side kick." Johnny explained as he demonstrated the new kick he was showing the students. Hunter watched as she stood next to Miguel. She was still feeling a rush of energy from the beach club, something about the whole incident made her feel more confident.

"What if your opponent attacks from behind?" Hawk questioned.

"Excellent question..." Johnny trailed off. "Sensei Kreese, you wanna take this one?" Hunter felt her arms tightened as she balled her hands into fists. she didn't want Kreese to be one of her teachers. She didn't trust him.

"Certainly, Sensei Lawrence." He spoke up as Johnny walked over to the two kids.

"You sure about this Sensei?" Miguel questioned.

"There's nothing to worry about." Johnny whispered. Miguel nodded his head before sharing a glance with Hunter. The girl sighed and pulled his hand in hers from behind, squeezing it gently to calm his nerves.

"The key to this move is making your enemy think you're retreating." Kreese began his demonstration. "But just as they let their guard down, that's when you strike the hardest." Hawk looked at Kreese with admiration and Hunter could sense that nothing good was gonna come out of his fascination with Kreese. This was the calm before the storm and there was a dark turn about to commence. 

"More sinigang, Miguel?" Anita questioned the Diaz boy as She, Hunter, and Miguel ate an early dinner before class.

"Yes, please, Miss. Villanueva." He smiled graciously as she spooned some of the soup and vegetables onto his plate of rice. Hunter and Miguel still have yet to make their relationship official. It was perfect the way it was, why potentially ruin it by adding a label?

"So how are classes going? I had a chat with Johnny the other day and he told me that his old Sensei is back in town." Anita smiled at the two kids. Hunter shifted awkwardly in her seat, shrugging at the question. Miguel did the same. "It's alright, Kreese is a bit much if I'm being honest." She said truthfully as she shoveled a spoonful of soup and rice into her mouth.

"There's something about him we just can't pinpoint." Miguel said.

Anita nodded her head. "Johnny said he was a bit rough back in the day." She admitted. "As long as he doesn't hurt you guys or work you too hard, I don't see any problem." She smiled.