iv. cobra kai's new beginning.

・☆: *.☽ .* :☆ 【 PATIENCE 】
»»————- act one. ————-««
##CHAPTER FOUR !

  ————-««##CHAPTER FOUR !

‎ ع˖⁺ ☁⋆ ୭ 🕊.⋆。⋆༶⋆˙⊹

" i know you're not weak.
i know you can train. you just have
to be confident in yourself and have
self respect. "

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

   HUNTER WAS getting over the breakup with Riley, slowly but surely. Luckily karate with Johnny Lawrence was helping her keep focus on herself rather than her ex. Anita, Hunters mother wasn't too keen on the idea of her daughter fighting for fun, but after she and Riley's breakup she wanted to keep her daughter as happy as she possibly could.

Hunter sat with her mother on the sofa watching reruns of Seinfeld as they plopped popcorn into each other's mouth s, something they enjoyed doing after a long week. Anita was a secretary at an law firm in Reseda, and she worked odd hours because of the clients  they catered towards.

"So, karate." Anita spoke up.

"What about it?" Hunter questioned, plopping another piece of popcorn in her mouth.

Anita shrugged her shoulders. "Do you like it?" She asked.

"I do. Mr. Lawrence is a bit much but he knows what he's doing. It's crazy, I didn't expect that from him." She said softly, letting out a chuckle. Johnny was working the kids hard but Hunter didn't mind. It helped her build her confidence as well as her endurance. She only had three sessions with him so far and she could feel herself getting less winded each time. Her second day, she got angry at herself because it wasn't as easy doing karate as she thought it would be. She didn't understand how Miguel adapted so easily. All she wanted to do was be able to fight for herself and show Riley that she was able to be independent, but she wanted it now. Not in the long run.

"Mr. Lawrence." Hunter said, walking into his small office.

"Sensei." Johnny corrected.

"Sorry... sensei." Hunter mumbled.

"What do you need?" The man questioned, sitting up in his chair, a coors banquet in hand. Hunter shifted awkwardly in her spot as she sighed.

"sensei, i don't think i have the patience let alone the attention span for this." Hunter said truthfully, gripping onto her book bag. Johnny shook his head and laughed.

"Sensei-"

"You know, I said the same thing to my sensei the the first time I joined."

Hunter snickered, looking down at her feet. "Look, you don't have to try and convince me, Mr. Law— sensei.." she said softly. "I just don't think I'm capable of doing this, you saw me today. I was winded by the second drill." Hunter sighed.