Chapter 8

"I think we found the perfect dress." Megan says, when I walk out of my dressing room. It was friday, the day of James' party, and Megan, Beth, Seirra, Isabella and I were out shopping. We were all trying on a whole bunch of dresses, trying to find the perfect outfit. 

I walked out wearing a snug fitting blue halter top dress that revealed just enough of my large cleavage so that it looked sexy, but not in the slutty way. The back of the dress was covered with black lace starting from the halter strap until the part of the part the dress stopped. The dress hugged me in all the right places. 

I glanced at the other girls and I was met with approving nods. Everyone had already picked out their dresses and I was the only one still searching. "Yeah. I think we found it." Beth says. "James will be following you around like a lost puppy." Seirra says to me. "Oh, like the way Zach follows you?" I say back to her. "We've been on one date!" Seirra says, sighing. 

Before I could respond, her phone beeped, letting her know she recieved a text message. She took out her phone and automatically, a grin spread across her face. "I wonder who that can be?" I say, smirking. Seirra rolled her eyes and began texting Zach back. Seirra called Zach on Tuesday and he asked her out on a date thursday. Ever since their date yesterday, Seirra has been constantly texting him. Zach was actually going to come to James' party tonight.The girls were looking forward to meeting this mysterious guy that has Seirra acting all girly.

We each returned to our rooms and got dressed into our regular clothes. I put my dress back on the hanger and walked out to find Seirra, typing away on her phone. "Come on. Lets go to the register." I say to her. She looks up and follows me to the register. We found an empty register and I walked up to the saleslady.

"Found everything alright?" she asks, scanning the dress. "Yes." I say, smiling at her. I payed for my dress and Seirra and I waited for the rest of the girls. The rest of the girls finally appeared and we exited into the mall. "I don't know about ya'll but i'm starving." Megan states. "Me too. Time to go to the food court." Beth says, leading the way.

My phone begins ringing in my pocket so I take it out and look at it. James was calling me. I had talked to him this morning but maybe he needed to remind me to do something. "Hey." I say, answering. "Hey Lena. What are you up to?" he asks me a little to hyperly. "I'm out with the girls. What wrong?" I ask, noticing his tone. "Oh nothing. It's just my girlfriend is out of town this weekend so she won't be coming to the party tonight." he says. "Oh, is that what you wanted to tell me?" I ask him, not knowing how to answer .

"Actually no, I was wanted to ask if your going to drink tonight? I want to make sure you have a safe ride home prepared if you plan on drinking tonight." he asks. "Um, well, I don't plan on drinking. Plus, we'll be heading back to Beth's after the party, and the drive from yours to hers is pretty short." I answer him. "Oh, okay. Just making sure." he asks, leaving something out. "Anything else?" I ask him. "Nah. I'll see you later Lena." he says. "Bye." I say, hanging up. 

"Who was that?" Isabella asks me. "James." I answer simply. "What did he say?" Megan asks. "Nothing really. He was asking if we have a designated driver." I say. "What does it matter to him?" Seirra asks. I shrug in response.

We get to the food court and we all get something to eat from subway. We find a table and we all sit and eat. When we finished eating, it was a little after 6. The party started at 9 so we decided to head back to Beth's to get ready. 

We get back to Beth's house at 7 and we all began to scramble to get ready. I put on my new dress and ran into the bathroom to put on some makeup. I put on my makeup and quickly fixed my hair. I decided to wear it down. I started looking around Beth's room for my clothes bag but I remembered that I had left it in my car.