Chapter 6

"Oh! Look at that Lemur! It's so cute!" Seirra said, walking towards the Lemur exihbit. Seirra, James, and I have been walking around the zoo, looking at various animals for the past 2 hours. Suprisingly, we were all enjoying ourselves. We walked through almost every exhibit, and now we were almost finished with our zoo tour.

"There even cuter in real life! I wish they could talk like the Lemur's in Madagascar." I say, pointing to a large Lemur hanging upside down from a tree. "That's a pretty good movie." James commented. "I know right. Have you seen the third one?" Seirra asks him. "Yeah. I took my little brother to go see it." he says. That's sweet of him, I thought to myself.

"Well, I don't know about ya'll but I'm getting hungry." James says, as we leave the Lemur exhibit. "I am starving. Let's go." Seirra says, agreeing with James. We made our way back to the front of the zoo and we exited. Since James drove us here, we walked back to his car. "Where are we going next?" I ask James. "We're going out for lunch." he replys. "Where?" asks Seirra. "I was thinking we could eat lunch at Steak-N-Shake?" James suggests. "Thats fine." Seirra replys.

We get to his car and I take a seat in the passengers seat, while Seirra sits in the back. While James drives us to Steak-N-Shake, we discuss our adventure at the zoo. "Does Beth know that we spent the day out?" Seirra asks me at one point. "No. I haven't spoken to her since yesterday. I mean, tonight is girls night." I answer. "Give me your phone. I think she forgot. I know I did." Seirra says. "Why don't you use your own phone?" James asks her. "Because she's afraid to break it." I snort.

"So she uses yours?" he says, turning to look at me. "Yeah." I say. James smiles, and turns back to the road. I hand Seirra my phone and she calls Beth. "Hey Beth. What are you doing?" she asks. "I hope you're ready for girl's night!" Seirra says into the phone. "You're not coming? What? Why? You got some hot date or something?" she says, with amusment in her voice.

Seirra, Beth, and I are in our senior year, yet neither of us have ever been on a date. We make fun of each other because of this fact. "Say what?" Seirra exclaims. "With who!" she practically yells into the phone. "Beth! Do not avoid the question!..Beth I swear to god if you hang...SHE HUNG UP ON ME!" Seirra says to me. James was chuckling softly. Seirra turned her attention to him. "What are you laughing at?!" "Nothing. Sorry, I had.....to cough." he lied, causing me to smile. "You're not a very good liar either," I say to James. He smiles at my comment. "Give me the phone." I say, shoving my hand into the back of the car.

Seirra hesitantely gave me back my phone. She then pulled out her phone and proceeded to begin texting, Beth probably. I decided to call Beth back. "Seirra, I can't talk right now. I have to get ready." Beth answers. "It's Elena. Who are you going out with?" I ask. "I can't tell you. I'll talk to you later. Bye." she says, hanging up the phone. 

"She hung up on you too didn't she?" Seirra says to me, putting her phone away. "Yeah." I say. "James, if you hear that Beth goes missing tomorrow, tell the police you don't know anything, otherwise, we'll come for your ass too." Seirra says to James with a straight face. James looked nervously from Seirra to me. "She's kidding right?" he says to me. 

"Nope. Have you ever heard of Amber?" I ask him. "No?" he says, questiongly. "Excatly." I say, with a straight face. James looked at me with a shocked expression. "I'm just messing with you." I say to him, laughing at his face. "Meanies!" he says, his shocked expression changing into a smile. 

We arrived at Steak-N-Shake and parked. We got out of the car and headed inside. Inside, the waiter took and seated us at a booth. I sat next to Seirra and James sat across from both of us. He gave us our menus and then introduced himself. "Hello. My name is Zach and I'll be you waiter today. What would you guys like to drink?" he says, looking at Seirra, a little longer then necessary. "I want a coke." James replys. "Ladies?" Zach says, turning towards me and Seirra.