Chapter 30

Hello Wattpad.

 Today is a bittersweet day for me because this is the last chapter of the book Bet Me. I enjoyed writing this book and it feels like the end is coming too soon. But, the end of a book also means the beginning of a new book, which I’m excited to start. Thank you so much to the girls who inspired me to write this book. I appreciate all the ‘help’ ya’ll put into the book. Thank you for being weird and funny and just plain out crazy so I could use what ya’ll actually say in real-life for the characters. This book isn’t based off a true story, but more of a fantasy with some real facts and characters. Anyways, here it is the last chapter of Bet Me!!

Shewitywitters14

~~~~6 years later~~~~

As I sat on the couch of my apartment that I shared with the girls, I mindlessly traced the tattoo I got several years back. “What should we order for dinner tonight?” Beth said, taking a seat next to me on the couch. “Doesn’t matter to me. Anything but seafood.” I answered her without looking at her. All my attention was on the TV screen in front of me. I had recorded the Cowboys game I had missed on the previous Sunday and I was finally able to watch it today.

Ever since I started working for the corporate part of Bank of America, I’ve barely had time for myself. My work schedule was so hectic that I’d spend an entire day at the office then come home and sleep the whole night, without eating anything. After 5 days of a hectic schedule, I was excited for my 3 day weekend.

“Elena? Earth to Elena?” Sierra said, moving her hand in front of my face and causing me to turn and look at her. “Huh?” “Have you heard anything I’ve said?” she asked me. “Um, not really.” I answered sheepishly. “Girl, you and these damn football games. It’s not healthy you know.” She said to me. “What did you say?” I asked, completely ignoring her comment. She knew I was ignoring her comment but she didn’t say anything about it. “I SAID, I think we should eat healthy today and cook at home.”

“And who’s going to be cooking?” I asked, knowing good and well it wasn’t going to be me. “Beth offered to.” She said, pointing at Beth. “Okay, but what exactly is she going to cook? I don’t think we’ve gone grocery shops for weeks.” I said. “I mean, I was going to make rice with beans and order some steak from that restaurant on Brookhill.” Beth answered. “They deliver?” I asked. “I believe so.” She answered. I shrugged and replied “Fine with me.”

After Beth set up the pot with rice and beans, she called the restaurant and was ordering the steak when Megan opened the front door. “Hey you guys. What I miss?” she said, plopping down onto the couch opposite from us. “Nothing. How was work?” Sierra asked her. Megan gave her the ‘you know’ look and went back to looking in her phone.

“What’s for dinner?” Megan asked, putting her phone down on the table and pulling her legs under her. “Beth is making rice with beans and ordering steak.” Sierra said. “Why don’t we just order in like we always do?” Megan asked. “Cause Sierra wants to be healthy.” Beth said, hanging up the phone and taking her seat next to me. Megan gave Sierra a funny look but didn’t say anything. “What are you watching Elena?” Megan asked me. Without even thinking, I responded “Your mom.” “Bitch.” She said back. “I’m watching the Cowboys game from this past Sunday.” I said laughing. “Where’s number 14?” she asked me, knowing exactly why I was watching the game. “He’s not playing right now. He started the game though.” I answered.

“Does anyone want anything to drink?” Sierra asked, getting up from her spot on the couch. “Can you get me a water? Thanks.” Megan said. She looked at me and Beth but we nodded our heads no. As she made her way to the kitchen, there was a knock on the door. “Who is that? Did anyone invite someone?” Sierra asked. “Nope.” We all said to her retreating figure.